[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1 hour ago, nebosa said:

shame on :(

Yes, that's right !
The download worked.
What do I do with the files now?
Just copy over the old ones?

I find the files 2 * in / boot and in / boot / previous

Just copy it to /boot overwriting the existing files.

I've tried this twice now and got failed checksums:

Now installing LibreELEC version 6.7.2

Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-7-2/libreelec

TO AVOID CORRUPTION
DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW UNTIL YOU SEE THE DONE PROMPT

Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware.sha256 ... done

Checking SHA 256's: failed!

Can I provide more information?

UPDATE:

It looks like bzroot is the culprit:

root@cayde:/tmp/mediabuild# sha256sum -c /tmp/mediabuild/bz*.sha256
bzfirmware: OK
bzimage: OK
bzmodules: OK
bzroot-gui: OK
bzroot: FAILED
sha256sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match

Edited by gugahoi
added extra info on which file is failing the checksum

Hello,

thank you so much for the help!

I am now on thanks to the update.sh script on 6.7.2 and unraid dvb works too!

I still can not get into the settings of the plugin.

There is still the popup (Unraid DVB Updating available builds ) and it does not go away.

Is there a solution?

On 6/13/2019 at 7:36 PM, RawrSpace said:

Went through the process outlined three times for Nvidia/DVB with the same results. Doesn't seem to be detecting the card here but does show it in system devices.

If I install 6.7.1rc2 without adding DVB then it does detect my card and I can see the UUID.

R5 1600

GTX 970

LibreElec and DD variant tested

Screenshot_20190613-193346_Firefox Beta.jpg

I have been out of the loop for a bit, and I see some work on this project... but has there been resolution? I would be more than happy to donate a tuner, or be a guinea pig for you if you need one. I will be picking up a low profile gtx1050 in a week or two... so I am at your disposal. I would love to have hardware decoding AND TVTuner all in one box. Heck, I may even find a way to mount a p2000 in my 2U server if this is working.

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody. I have read something and have an important question for you. I would like to buy a tbs6909 and need the mode 3 for unicable. is this currently supported or do I have to manually adjust something? i know the supplement for digitaldevices devices but what do i have to do at tbs? Thank you

Installed this in 6.7.

I upgraded to 6.7.2. I was unable to update plugin. It was stuck on splashscreen.

I used the script to update files on flash. It's working in version 6.7.2 but when i go to the plugin page i only show the splashscreen.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, CHBMB said:

TEST BUILDS FOR NVIDIA/DVB COMBINED

People have asked if I'll produce a combined Nvidia/DVB build.  Here's the thing, I have no intention of producing separate and combined builds, the workload is just too much for something I have no need of.  It would need 8 builds on top of the Nvidia build to do so.  I will however produce a combined build, depending on two conditions.

1.  People don't mind an increased download size.

2.  It works reliably.

However I no longer have any DVB hardware so I can't test.  So I've produced some combination builds for people to try out.  I am only doing this for v6.7.1rc2, so if nobody tests each build then it's not going to happen.  So if you want it, YOU need to test it.

HOW TO USE

1.  Download the Nvidia build of v6.7.1rc2 (Important - Do not use any other version)

2.  Once the build has downloaded and the window indicating the copying to flash has happened and before you reboot, download one of the attached zip files depending on which DVB build you use, unpack it and copy across the bzmodules and bzfirmware files to your flash disk.

3.  Reboot

I know that the Nvidia Plugin will not report the correct version number, that's an easy fix in the future if this works.  Once you've rebooted I need to know two things for each build.

1.  Does the Nvidia hardware encoding work with Plex/Emby/Jellyfin?

2.  Does the DVB hardware work?

libreelec-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.zip 22.81 MB · 8 downloads tbs-os-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.zip 18.35 MB · 0 downloads tbs-crazycat-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.zip 18.51 MB · 0 downloads dd-nvidia-v6.7.1rc2.zip 17.47 MB · 3 downloads

Hi CHBMB,

I'm very interested in having both nVidia and DVB drivers in the same build, but with 6.7.2 released I'm hesitant to revert back to an older version of Unraid.

What I do have though is a spare WinTV-HVR-2200-DVB-T, MULTI-PAL 89619 LF (rev. D3F2) that I would be happy to ship to you and for you to keep. They are PAL, so if you're in a NTSC region they will be usless, but I'm happy to send them to anyone for testing this project.

I have a question, is it possible to add avermedia td310 support? i realy like unraid, but the stick dont work with libreelec driver.

Used linux now as temp inhome share server, and the stick works when install linuxtv media build, but this is not working on unraid(dhu)

Hmm ok just tested some more "kernels and versions" and it seems that the crazysat version works because of the si2186 chipset i think. so all works now.

Hmm ok now is not working anymore, without changes is aks for the firmware :

[   31.536057] usb 1-3: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'AVerMedia TD310 DVB-T2' in cold state
[   31.536406] usb 1-3: Direct firmware load for dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw failed with error -2
[   31.536413] usb 1-3: dvb_usb_v2: Did not find the firmware file 'dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw'

Edited by deviltje

Very much so interested in a DVB / Nvidia build. I've got a GTX 1070 and a Hauppauge i can test with. I've gotten both to work independently using DVB Unraid and Nvidia Unraid respectively.

I'm still some what new to Docker but I attempted to piece together info from the last 4 pages of posts on how to try it and test and the best I got was Unraid 6.7.2 with my Hauppauge showing up but the Nvidia card showing the "Nvidia-SMI has failed error" that @RawrSpace shared.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, deviltje said:

I have a question, is it possible to add avermedia td310 support? i realy like unraid, but the stick dont work with libreelec driver.

Used linux now as temp inhome share server, and the stick works when install linuxtv media build, but this is not working on unraid(dhu)

Hmm ok just tested some more "kernels and versions" and it seems that the crazysat version works because of the si2186 chipset i think. so all works now.

Hmm ok now is not working anymore, without changes is aks for the firmware :

Ok found a workaround if you mis a firmware(error 2 ish), in my case install TBS (CrazyCat) DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2) kernel and driver, reboot, now login to ssh and unmount bzfirmware: umount /lib/firmware check if lib/firmware dir is empty, now start winscp go to lib/firmware dir and upload the fw file, now reboot, and now firmware should load and all crazysat drivers are back incl. working fw.

5 hours ago, deviltje said:

Ok found a workaround if you mis a firmware(error 2 ish), in my case install TBS (CrazyCat) DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2) kernel and driver, reboot, now login to ssh and unmount bzfirmware: umount /lib/firmware check if lib/firmware dir is empty, now start winscp go to lib/firmware dir and upload the fw file, now reboot, and now firmware should load and all crazysat drivers are back incl. working fw.

That doesn't make sense as any change you make to /lib/firmware will not be persistent across reboots as /lib/firmware is mounted at boot from bzfirmware.

11 hours ago, CHBMB said:

That doesn't make sense as any change you make to /lib/firmware will not be persistent across reboots as /lib/firmware is mounted at boot from bzfirmware.

I know, but somehow it find the firmware even after reboot or shutdown, and yes indeed bzfirmware is mounted after reboot. 

Strange indeed because dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw is missing in the latest TBS (CrazyCat) DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2)  6.7.2 builds.

Edited by deviltje
12 hours ago, deviltje said:

I know, but somehow it find the firmware even after reboot or shutdown, and yes indeed bzfirmware is mounted after reboot. 

Strange indeed because dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw is missing in the latest TBS (CrazyCat) DVB-S(2) & DVB-T(2)  6.7.2 builds.

Just can't be possible.  /lib/firmware is RAM.  Reboot and whatever is there is gone.

9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Just can't be possible.  /lib/firmware is RAM.  Reboot and whatever is there is gone.

Hmm ok, but how en why is it still working after reboot? it wont complain about missing firmware and is just works fine for dvb-t(t2) and dvb-c.

But ok, meaby you can add dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw to the bz file for next time?

Ok just tested clean install on other old pc, and is does the same. After install it complains about missing firmware so it wont show up in gui of dvb plugin, so i do the steps above, unmount etc upload firmware in lib/firmare and it works. I reboot and complete shutdown(even pulled powercord) and after boot it works just fine even without dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw in lib/firmware.

Edited by deviltje
11 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Actually by default  it is not!   The /lib/firmware location is an exception to the norm as it is mounted via the 'loop' device from the image held on the USB stick so in theory in can be updated and survive a reboot.   However there is no free space in the image so updating it may easily fail.  Even if you did successfully make such an update it would be lost when Unraid is updated and the bzfirmware file on the USB stick is replaced with an updated version.

It was also stated that a umount should be run on /lib/firmware which would then preclude the image on the USB stick from being updated :)

10 hours ago, itimpi said:

Actually by default  it is not!   The /lib/firmware location is an exception to the norm as it is mounted via the 'loop' device from the image held on the USB stick so in theory in can be updated and survive a reboot.   However there is no free space in the image so updating it may easily fail.  Even if you did successfully make such an update it would be lost when Unraid is updated and the bzfirmware file on the USB stick is replaced with an updated version.

It was also stated that a umount should be run on /lib/firmware which would then preclude the image on the USB stick from being updated :)

Well, yeah, I know, but @deviltje did say he did a umount before copying the file, so that will be in RAM.

2 hours ago, deviltje said:

But where in unraid store the fw file after reboot it must be somewere i think? because stick still works after a reboot without the fw in lib/firmware.

At boot Unraid mounts bzfirmware as a read only squashfs file system.

• Upvote 1

@CHBMB, i know it mounted on lib/firmware after reboot, but i mean where is dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw located after reboot? because usb dvb stick still works after reboot remove and shutdown etc, and like you say after reboot is remount the bzfirmware to lib/firmware, but dvb-usb-it9303-01.fw is nowhere found still it find the firmware and stick works.

TEST BUILDS FOR NVIDIA/DVB COMBINED

People have asked if I'll produce a combined Nvidia/DVB build.  Here's the thing, I have no intention of producing separate and combined builds, the workload is just too much for something I have no need of.  It would need 8 builds on top of the Nvidia build to do so.  I will however produce a combined build, depending on two conditions.

1.  People don't mind an increased download size.

2.  It works reliably.

However I no longer have any DVB hardware so I can't test.  So I've produced some combination builds for people to try out.  I am only doing this for v6.7.1rc2, so if nobody tests each build then it's not going to happen.  So if you want it, YOU need to test it.

HOW TO USE

1.  Install the Nvidia Plugin

2.  Download the Nvidia build of v6.7.2 (Important - Do not use any other version and NOT the DVB version)

3.  Once the build has downloaded and the window indicating the copying to flash has happened and before you reboot, download one of the attached zip files depending on which DVB build you use, unpack it and copy across the bzmodules and bzfirmware files to your flash disk.

3.  Reboot

I know that the Nvidia Plugin will not report the correct version number, that's an easy fix in the future if this works.  Once you've rebooted I need to know two things for each build.

1.  Does the Nvidia hardware encoding work with Plex/Emby/Jellyfin?

2.  Does the DVB hardware work?

Note:  TBS-OS currently won't compile.  Nothing I can do about that.

https://github.com/linuxserver/Unraid-DVB/tree/master/DVB-Nvidia-Test

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 3

@CHBMB

Thanks for keeping with this (do you have a Patron we can throw support your way?)

I followed your instructions above. 

DVB shows in Unraid ✓

Tuners work in Plex ✓

Nvidia GTX 1070 shows in Unraid ✗

https://imgur.com/a/JB7NdTv

The Nvidia Unraid plugin still reports the following error 

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running. 

And no cards show up. I don't know of any other way to get the UUID for the card other than to go to the plugin so I can't brute force test it with the docker. And I've verified that the GTX 1070 shows up in the "Tools > System Devices" page.

Let me know what else I can check or test for you. (I'm a application software engineer but not a lot of experience in system software development but I'm comfortable in a terminal so i don't mind digging)

[mention=6219]CHBMB[/mention]
Thanks for keeping with this (do you have a Patron we can throw support your way?)

I followed your instructions above. 

DVB shows in Unraid ✓
Tuners work in Plex ✓
Nvidia GTX 1070 shows in Unraid ✗

https://imgur.com/a/JB7NdTv

The Nvidia Unraid plugin still reports the following error 
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running. 

And no cards show up. I don't know of any other way to get the UUID for the card other than to go to the plugin so I can't brute force test it with the docker. And I've verified that the GTX 1070 shows up in the "Tools > System Devices" page.

Let me know what else I can check or test for you. (I'm a application software engineer but not a lot of experience in system software development but I'm comfortable in a terminal so i don't mind digging)

Thanks for that. I'll have a think about whay to do next.....

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• Squid locked this topic