[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

@CHBMB

Thank you for working this. I've got a hauppauge quad tuner and GTX1060 in my case and am willing to help test.

I ran the libre elec - nvidia hybrid install and got the same results as @JDubDev. I switch back and forth between the Libre Elec DVB and Nvidia installs as necessary depending on what is more important to me at the time so a few more switches for testing is well worth it to me. Is there any more information or logs that I can grab to help?

Disclaimer: Linux illiterate but moderately good at following instructions and googling my way through minor issues.

Disclaimer 2: May be a bit slow on responses but will check in regularly.

I have had this docker running perfectly running Libreelec with a Skystar HD2 -  until this week. I noticed my recordings had been failing since the weekend and when I tried to play a channel (via browser into a media player) that failed 'file doesn't exist'. Scanning a mux fails with no data found. The only thing I could think was the docker got updated at the weekend and so I thought maybe if I rolled back to a previous version it would work again - no luck, so reverted to latest Libreelec 4.3..something.

To check there was no problem with the cable, on my main windows 7 PC I put in my spare (TBS pcie) card, installed the drivers and dvbviewer and that scanned all muxes and played channels fine. So there is not a problem with cable or LNB. So that leaves either the Skystar HD2 pci card as failed somewhere, somehow or something on the software side. When trying to scan a mux it tunes to the frequency but fails to receive any data.

I decided to shut down unraid and cold boot to see if that would solve anything

This is what I get on the latest scan (the main channel 4 mux):

2019-08-01 17:11:07.172 mpegts: 10714.25H in 28.2E - tuning on STB0899 Multistandard #0 : DVB-S #0

2019-08-01 17:11:07.330 subscription: 0001: "scan" subscribing to mux "10714.25H", weight: 6, adapter: "STB0899 Multistandard #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "28.2E", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2019-08-01 17:11:17.266 mpegts: 10714.25H in 28.2E - scan no data, failed

2019-08-01 17:11:17.266 subscription: 0001: "scan" unsubscribing

Before the fresh boot that I was also getting a 'linuxDVB unable to provide UNC value' when doing the scans.

I'm not sure how to debug this (settings to make, where to save log file) so see if that could shed any light. Strange to me this has just suddenly stopped working after being perfect since I first set it up.

The only next step I can do (tomorrow) would be to take this card out and put it in another old PC (running windows 10 though) and do the same dvbviewer test to rule out hardware failure (as long as there is no compatibility problems with W10).

Any thoughts anyone please? Spent all day trying to research and figure it out but I am very limited in Linux knowledge.

Maybe I could add an alternative docker to try and see if that fails. Any suggestion what to try?

15 minutes ago, boragthung said:

I have had this docker running perfectly running Libreelec with a Skystar HD2 -  until this week. I noticed my recordings had been failing since the weekend and when I tried to play a channel (via browser into a media player) that failed 'file doesn't exist'. Scanning a mux fails with no data found. The only thing I could think was the docker got updated at the weekend and so I thought maybe if I rolled back to a previous version it would work again - no luck, so reverted to latest Libreelec 4.3..something.

To check there was no problem with the cable, on my main windows 7 PC I put in my spare (TBS pcie) card, installed the drivers and dvbviewer and that scanned all muxes and played channels fine. So there is not a problem with cable or LNB. So that leaves either the Skystar HD2 pci card as failed somewhere, somehow or something on the software side. When trying to scan a mux it tunes to the frequency but fails to receive any data.

I decided to shut down unraid and cold boot to see if that would solve anything

This is what I get on the latest scan (the main channel 4 mux):

2019-08-01 17:11:07.172 mpegts: 10714.25H in 28.2E - tuning on STB0899 Multistandard #0 : DVB-S #0

2019-08-01 17:11:07.330 subscription: 0001: "scan" subscribing to mux "10714.25H", weight: 6, adapter: "STB0899 Multistandard #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "28.2E", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2019-08-01 17:11:17.266 mpegts: 10714.25H in 28.2E - scan no data, failed

2019-08-01 17:11:17.266 subscription: 0001: "scan" unsubscribing

Before the fresh boot that I was also getting a 'linuxDVB unable to provide UNC value' when doing the scans.

I'm not sure how to debug this (settings to make, where to save log file) so see if that could shed any light. Strange to me this has just suddenly stopped working after being perfect since I first set it up.

The only next step I can do (tomorrow) would be to take this card out and put it in another old PC (running windows 10 though) and do the same dvbviewer test to rule out hardware failure (as long as there is no compatibility problems with W10).

Any thoughts anyone please? Spent all day trying to research and figure it out but I am very limited in Linux knowledge.

Maybe I could add an alternative docker to try and see if that fails. Any suggestion what to try?

Which docker are you speaking about? This is the dvb plugin support thread.

OS there anything you have updated lately?

Everything was working fine up to last weekend and from Sunday not working. The only thing updated in that time was the docker to the 26.7.19 version. I noticed there was a later version (31.7.19 I think) so I forced updated to that and still not working. So then I tried downgrading to the last version prior to the 26.7 update and still not working so reverted back to the latest.

3 hours ago, boragthung said:

Everything was working fine up to last weekend and from Sunday not working. The only thing updated in that time was the docker to the 26.7.19 version. I noticed there was a later version (31.7.19 I think) so I forced updated to that and still not working. So then I tried downgrading to the last version prior to the 26.7 update and still not working so reverted back to the latest.

You can try different tags for the tvheadend container.

Are you using latest or the stable tag for it?

You can find the different tags on docker hub.

After forcing update to get the very latest to test that, I added :6be300c4-ls25 to downgrade to the version used before 26.7.19 update, but still didn't work on either of them. Just removed tag to get back to normal latest. Don't understand how it all worked fine before. Always been using latest branch 4.3 and never used 4.2 on this docker.

More net searching I think it might have something to do with drivers for my pci Skystar HD2 causing not to tune but I found these problems from about 10 years ago and seem fixed now but is was something related to mantis driver and s2 problems. I thought the Skystar HD2 was one of the best ones for out of the box compatibility because all I found was no firmware needed and supported by stock linux kernel. An attempted scan at a populated mux seems to tune then fails with error no data found and linuxdvb unable to find UNC value. So the problem seems to lie here.

Is this linxdvb part of the container or part of the plugin ?

All things driver related will be contained in this plugin rather than the tvh docker and that has not changed in the time of this working then not working.

lspci -v gives:

04:01.0 Multimedia controller: Twinhan Technology Co. Ltd Mantis DTV PCI Bridge Controller [Ver 1.0] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Device 1ae4:0003
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
        Memory at f0300000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
        Kernel driver in use: Mantis
        Kernel modules: mantis

I have looked at various logs on my server and can't really see anything wrong.

My current set up has a motorised dish with quad LNB (2 upstairs, 2 downstairs) but rarely move it from 28.2E nowadays. The motor (LNB1) is powered only by a Technomate (SD) box which I only really use if I want to watch another satellite (it only does a now/next epg if you're lucky). I have a PC LibreElec box (LNB2 - pcie DVBSky S950 ) for my main freesat viewing (HD capable) giving me a full epg, which I would turn off if moving dish. My back bedroom is where my main PC and Unraid server are with LNB3 - basically provides a second tuner for me for recordings. LNB4 is in another bedroom not used at moment (which is why I had a a spare Sat card, pcie TBS 6922SE).

I keep it simple for any PC cards with just universal LNB setting as they will only see the position currently set by motorised box so there is no diseq to mess with.

I am thinking about adding another tvh docker but pointing at another satellite (19.2E) as a test. Obviously anything designed to run on 28.2E only will be closed down. I had originally thought about setting multiple satellites in one docker but don't want to over complicate things, particularly with epg scans and the fact only the Technomate can do the motor.

In the past I always ran DVBviewer and its Service on my windows PC. I used to add all satellites and tune individually after moving the dish and could play back from whatever Sat I was on. But I was suffering a lot of discontinuities at times on freesat and decided to try a linux based setup (LibreElec) which seemed to work better than windows drivers. After I found that to work well my next step was moving my card into Unraid instead of using it on windows/dvbviewer and it has been great until last weekend. Probably been running this plugin and docker combo for the best part of a year with no problems.

Just moved my dish to 19.2 E, created a new tvh docker and I am getting the same failure with no data found linuxDVB unable to provide UNC value.

I first tried with default latest 4.3~. I deleted that one plus config folder. Created a fresh docker but set it as 4.2. Still failed.

The only option I have now is to take my card out and see if it works on windows to rule out a hardware fault. Will do that tomorrow.

Took my Skystar HD2 out of the server and put it in a Windows 10 PC, installed drivers and tested with DVBviewer transedit scanner and it is still failing to find any data so I must conclude that something on the card itself has stopped working so it is a hardware problem after all. Not happy about the hardware failing and don't know why it has but at least it has put my mind at rest getting to the cause of the issue.

Not too sure if it is possible to get it repaired or even economically viable to do so. I would like to replace it with a DVB--S2 Sat PCI card (no room for a PCIe). Any suggestions for one that will work easily?

• 4 weeks later...

I've installed the Digital Devices (Github) 6.7.2 Image to my Unraid server but it won't work properly it find the adapters but it shows that the 'Adapter Drivers' are not detected. Also tried to reverting back and reinstalling/downloading the image.

I'm running 2 Cine CT V6 (one in the PCIe slot and one extension card attached to the Cine CT V6 extension port) and a Octupus CI Duo (in a PCIe slot).

I've also added 'ddbridge.msi=1' to the syslinux.cfg otherwise only one card is detected. Got it to work by removing it from the syslinux.cfg

Am i missing something or do i have to remove the Octupus CI Duo card?

Edit: Got it now (still doesn't detect the Adapter Drivers but it works now with the TVMosaic Docker) but only works partially only 2 of the 4 tuners are available and the CI interface is not showing up, can somebody help me out?

grafik.png.81fff9d2364b7ff930bfaa5caeefe755.png

Edit: Got now 3 of my 4 tuners working but the DVB Adapter Drivers still says that it's not detected but it works with the TVMosaic docker. The only question that i have is why are only 3 of my 4 tuners are detected?

Edited by ich777
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i am not quite sure when my dvb-plugin stopped working but with the current librelec 6.7.2 and the older versions my DVBSky S952 V3 stopped working. 

unRAID Version:6.7.2

Linux Kernel Version:4.19.56

DVB Version:LibreELEC

Driver Version:1.3.1

DVB Kernel:Detected

DVB Adapter Drivers:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 0:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 1:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 2:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 3:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 4:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 5:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 6:Not Detected

DVB Adapter 7:Not Detected

After some research i figured out the the firmware in lib/firmware is missing. I need Firmware: dvb-fe-rs6000.fw (Download: http://www.dvbsky.net/download/linux/dvbsky-firmware.tar.gz ).

I tried to copy the file but get the message that the file system is read-only. What can i do?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup a Hauppauge WINTV-HVR-2200. I an confirm the card works as I have tested it in another system running windows. I have tried librelec 6.7.2, librelec 6.7.1, TBS (CrazyCat) 6.7.2, TBS (Open Source) 6.7.2. The card is not detected anywhere in unraid. There is a guide by linuxtv https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200#Making_it_work_using_a_GUI for installing the firwmware for this card but I cannot write to the firmware directory as it is mounted as readonly.

Can anyone assist.

TA

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the 6.7.2 build with the TBS (CrazyCat) drivers, and works pretty well. Encoding and decoding worked fine on my Quadro.

I have four DVB tuners, and only the two non-TBS ones worked without issue in tvHeadend though.

Hoping that the TBS (OpenSource) drivers will work with the (hopefully) coming 6.7.3 version!

Keep up the good work, it really is very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Pacman

• 2 weeks later...

Have got 2 out of the 3 OOT drivers working for v6.8.0rc1 , once I get some info from @limetech on the Unraid MD OOT driver should be good to go.   LibreELEC, TBS OpenSource and Digital Devices compile fine.  CrazyCat still needs some work, hopefully should get something worked out for that though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi CHBMB, thanks a lot ;)
I tested the 3 available releases with my setup (1x DVBSky S950, 1x WinTV-quadHD) and not of them works good.
Libreelec not reconzize me the DVB-C from WinTV-quadHD, and the other 2 give me DVBsky as DVB-T tunner!
For me the only build is TBS (CrazyCat) drivers, so i will revert to 6.7.2!

But thanks a lot for help us.

• Squid locked this topic