[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

OK, so that's because for whatever reason, you're request to out Digital Ocean spaces where the builds are stored is timing out. 

Are you definitely on the latest version of the DVB plugin (2019.06.23)?

Not much I can do about this as it will be an issue local to you.  I've just tested here and it's working fine.

Reporting that TBS 5990 is still not working on TBS Open Source 6.8.0.

lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 734c:5990 TBS Technologies China 

It does not show up in the DVB Adapter sections.

Any idea when crazycat builds will be ready? It might be worth a try there.

Reporting that TBS 5990 is still not working on TBS Open Source 6.8.0.

lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 734c:5990 TBS Technologies China 

It does not show up in the DVB Adapter sections.

Any idea when crazycat builds will be ready? It might be worth a try there.

No idea. CrazyCat has removed one of his repositories and it won't build against another repository I tried.

I know the LibreELEC project reached out to him recently as well about the same issue.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Hello all! Huge fan, thanks for everything. I've been trying to update to Nvidia 6.8.0 build, but it was not working. The Nvidia plugin gets stuck on "Updating available builds". I tried updating to the standard 6.8.0 and reinstalled the Nvidia plugin, but it is still stuck on "Updating available builds".

Any ideas? Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Hello all! Huge fan, thanks for everything. I've been trying to update to Nvidia 6.8.0 build, but it was not working. The Nvidia plugin gets stuck on "Updating available builds". I tried updating to the standard 6.8.0 and reinstalled the Nvidia plugin, but it is still stuck on "Updating available builds".

Any ideas? Thanks!
Capture.PNG.54078398ab91c78859265c16a97ac9b9.PNG
Yep, you're in the wrong thread.

Nothing I can do about it, it's between your PC and the Digital Ocean Spaces where we store the files.

We discussed in in the Nvidia thread recently. There's a script on the linuxserver forums you could use instead.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
linuxdvb: Montage Technology M88DS3103 poll TIMEOUT

Getting this since upgrading to Unraid 6.8.0 (stable) with LibreELEC 1.4.0 and Linux kernel 4.19.88 using a DVBSky S952.

Tuner is recognized but can't open a stream.

I've read that there was a kernel bug with the driver that has been introduced in ~kernel 4.18.xx but some people reported that it got fixed(?).

The tuner was working fine with the latest available 6.7.2 LibreELEC build and V1.3.1 drivers.

Anyone has any idea why this isn't working anymore in 6.8.0?

Update: Seems to be working again now after rebooting unraid. Gonna monitor if this happens again.

Edited by Spiritreader
update
  • 3 weeks later...

If I followed properly ... From the other thread about Nvidia, there are many extremely time consuming tasks still required to be sorted, like the OOT WireGuard drivers.

Not to take anything away from the amazing efforts of CHMB and LSIO, but to appease those who need to be on latest and greatest ... 

I will once again suggest those who can to go ahead and replace your DVB hardware with ethernet based tuners or use your USB based Tuners on a RasPi device and expose them that way. This way you will be able to use mainline unRaid.

21 minutes ago, BRiT said:

If I followed properly ... From the other thread about Nvidia, there are many extremely time consuming tasks still required to be sorted, like the OOT WireGuard drivers.

Not to take anything away from the amazing efforts of CHMB and LSIO, but to appease those who need to be on latest and greatest ... 

I will once again suggest those who can to go ahead and replace your DVB hardware with ethernet based tuners or use your USB based Tuners on a RasPi device and expose them that way. This way you will be able to use mainline unRaid.

Network tuners \o/ DVB-T2 = HDHomerun or DVB-S2 = DigitbitR1

Edited by j0nnymoe
  • Thanks 1

v6.8.1 LibreELEC, TBS-OS, Digital Devices done.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, BRiT said:

@BRiT I wholeheartedly agree with you, DVB on Linux is a mess, always has been, probably always will be.  Network tuners are by far and away the best solution, and I migrated from DVB myself to a network tuner, no regrets.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

theoreticaly i need a nvidia / dvb combi unraid... is there a solution? Or any other solution to run an DD Max SX8 with latest drivers in a tvh docker on unraid-nvidia 6.8.1 ? At the moment the card runs great on an debian VM. But i want test an actual docker solution

Edited by Gee1
20 minutes ago, Gee1 said:

theoreticaly i need a nvidia / dvb combi unraid... is there a solution? Or any other solution to run an DD Max SX8 with latest drivers in a tvh docker on unraid-nvidia 6.8.1 ? At the moment the card runs great on an debian VM. But i want test an actual docker solution

Right at this moment, No. Will there be in the future? No idea.

6 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

Digibit R1 (DVB-S2) https://telestar.de/produkt/digibit-r1/

Couple of us within the team run these with this firmware: https://github.com/perexg/satip-axe

I'd forgotten about all about this product.  I've got 4 leads from a Sky LNB hanging behind my Unraid server doing nothing.  Anybody using these in the UK with freesat?  If so, would you need to use TVH and TVH Proxy to get it into Plex?

3 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

I'd forgotten about all about this product.  I've got 4 leads from a Sky LNB hanging behind my Unraid server doing nothing.  Anybody using these in the UK with freesat?  If so, would you need to use TVH and TVH Proxy to get it into Plex?

If it gives you a playlist (as I think it does), you could just use that with xteve to get it into Plex. xteve is much more reliable than tvhproxy.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

Right at this moment, No. Will there be in the future? No idea.

nobody knows waht is in the future ^^

ok thats not a biiiiig problem for me. Sytem works well with debian vm and TVH. But if there comes a ACTUAL combined version i will try it

i wish i had the skills to do it on my on. I have no kids and i have time for such a project :D

But i dont know how to compile drivers into actual unraid-nvidia image. I compiled DD drivers by my own under debian thats no problem but i dont know how to do that with a GIT CLONE

Edited by Gee1
5 hours ago, Cessquill said:

CHBMB and I use ours with FreeSat. Yea you would still need to use TVH/TVH Proxy to pipe it into plex.

I'm also running a HDHomerun now for Freeview. These integrate straight into Emby/Plex.

• Like 1

Hello, can someone take a look at this:

I almost think it's because of the build? I noticed the following.

I cannot update a "normal" unraid 8.0 / 8.0.1 with my 6.7.2 libreelec.

At the first boot attempt, kernel panic already occurs.

Only when I install a DVB build does the computer boot normally.

But only until sleep: see link above

A Libeelec 6.7.2 downgrade is going great again

Hey Guys, 

I'm just started with unRaid and migrate my former ubuntu server to unraid now.

I have issues now with my TV-Card. I already tried the Unraid DVB Plugin with the custom LibreElec build, but its doesn't run that well.

Is there an option or can somebody tell me how to include my previous two driver in /lib/firmware into the stock build?

The Driver I mentioned:

dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

dvb-tuner-si2157-a30-05.fw

I am using the Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Edited by Haudy1
1 hour ago, Haudy1 said:

Hey Guys, 

I'm just started with unRaid and migrate my former ubuntu server to unraid now.

I have issues now with my TV-Card. I already tried the Unraid DVB Plugin with the custom LibreElec build, but its doesn't run that well.

Is there an option or can somebody tell me how to include my previous two driver in /lib/firmware into the stock build?

The Driver I mentioned:

dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

dvb-tuner-si2157-a30-05.fw

I am using the Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

I dont know if you are running TVH, but if yes, try use the Minisatip docker and pass tuners to TVH.

After use function satip in TVH to find the tuners.

Maybe it will solve the issue.

I've been using this for years without a problem.

On the LibreELEC 6.8.1 my network card doesn't get detected.

It works in LibreELEC 6.8

From what I can tell LibreELEC 6.8.1 is missing the driver in the bzmodules.

Past bzmodules had the file in bzmodules~\4.19.94-Unraid\kernel\drivers\net\ethernet\realtek\r8125.ko.xz

The 6.8.1 is missing r8125.ko.xz

FYI, the network card is Dragon RTL8125AG

Thanks

On 1/26/2020 at 9:55 PM, psycmos said:

I dont know if you are running TVH, but if yes, try use the Minisatip docker and pass tuners to TVH.

After use function satip in TVH to find the tuners.

Maybe it will solve the issue.

Tested it. Even with Minisatip the TV-Card isnt working fully.

Some Services doesnt work and im getting continuity counter error.

Is there a Tutorial or Documentation, how to modify the stock kernel?

• Squid locked this topic