[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1 hour ago, Haudy1 said:

Tested it. Even with Minisatip the TV-Card isnt working fully.

Some Services doesnt work and im getting continuity counter error.

Is there a Tutorial or Documentation, how to modify the stock kernel?

https://github.com/linuxserver/Unraid-DVB/blob/master/build_scripts/kernel-compile-module.sh

https://github.com/linuxserver/Unraid-DVB/blob/master/build_scripts/libreelec-module.sh

Pull requests welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, folks.

I have been running unRAID with this plugin for my SageTV docker application for some time, and it has been working well, most recently on 6.7.2.  Last night, I decided to upgrade to unRAID 6.8.2, and then updated plugins, after which my two HD-PVRs are no longer visible in SageTV.  I wonder if this is a similar problem to that described by Fas77 on January 26?  Am I able to roll back the plugin version, leaving unRAID at 6.8.2, or should I downgrade that, too? 

Still fairly new to this, so apologies in advance for dumb questions!  Any thoughts about what else to check would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Shaun

13 minutes ago, smdl said:

Am I able to roll back the plugin version, leaving unRAID at 6.8.2, or should I downgrade that, too? 

Afraid that's not how this works.  How did you upgrade to 6.8.2?

If you went via an Unraid notification (or system tab), then you have uninstalled the DVB drivers.  Go to the plugin, select 6.8.2 and install it.

If you did upgrade via the plugin's page then this version doesn't look compatible with your setup and more investigation is needed.

For a brief but maybe confusing explanation - this plugin does not install DVB drivers.  It gives you access to custom versions of Unraid with the drivers added.  Upgrading to vanilla Unraid (via a notification/system tab) will revert back to regular Unraid and remove those drivers.  Therefore, the ONLY way to retain drivers and upgrade Unraid is to download and install 6.8.2 via the DVB plugin page.

Mistake that a lot of us have made (myself included) - install plugin -> install custom Unraid -> Unraid is upgraded -> upgrade via normal route -> wonder where drivers have gone.  If this isn't what you've done, apologies.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Afraid that's not how this works.  How did you upgrade to 6.8.2?

If you went via an Unraid notification (or system tab), then you have uninstalled the DVB drivers.  Go to the plugin, select 6.8.2 and install it.

If you did upgrade via the plugin's page then this version doesn't look compatible with your setup and more investigation is needed.

For a brief but maybe confusing explanation - this plugin does not install DVB drivers.  It gives you access to custom versions of Unraid with the drivers added.  Upgrading to vanilla Unraid (via a notification/system tab) will revert back to regular Unraid and remove those drivers.  Therefore, the ONLY way to retain drivers and upgrade Unraid is to download and install 6.8.2 via the DVB plugin page.

Mistake that a lot of us have made (myself included) - install plugin -> install custom Unraid -> Unraid is upgraded -> upgrade via normal route -> wonder where drivers have gone.  If this isn't what you've done, apologies.

Remember when I warned about dumb questions?  😉  Yes, that's exactly what I did, and you described the issue/resolution perfectly.  Thanks for that!

All working perfectly again

Cheers,

Shaun

• Like 1

But on the other hand is there any tutorial how i could combine these two drivers?

Also i'm not affraid of compiling everything togehter but i don't know how and i think the tutorial on the wiki is a little outdated...

Eventually someone can give me a hint in the right direction... :D

9 hours ago, Squid said:

Probably the best place to start would be to look at the build scripts for nvidia.

Probably the best place would have been to speak to me first.  If someone has never compiled before, I suspect they ain't going to have much luck putting Unraid, DVB and Nvidia together.

Hi,

Im new to unraid, currently running the trial version and have a Hauppague WinTV Quad PCIe tunner (europe version).

Installed this plugin, selected the OpenELEC build that matched my current unraid version, all 4 tunners are detected.

Installed tvheadend docker, Passed the /dev/dvb into it.

The problems started at the scan stage, it took multiple scans to find all the channels. Then to tune a channel it would almost never work.

Rebooted the docker, same. Rebooted unraid started working fine. After a few minutes back to the same issue. tvHeadend reports no signal, poll timeout.

To check if the problem was my tunner or tv signal, i created a ubuntu VM, installed the drivers from the official PPA of Hauppage and passed thought the tunner. It works perfect, scanned all channels on the first try, tunning work consistently.

Am i missing something or Are the Unraid DVB drivers broken? I would like to avoid having a VM just for this...

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, danielb7390 said:

Hi,

Im new to unraid, currently running the trial version and have a Hauppague WinTV Quad PCIe tunner (europe version).

Installed this plugin, selected the OpenELEC build that matched my current unraid version, all 4 tunners are detected.

Installed tvheadend docker, Passed the /dev/dvb into it.

The problems started at the scan stage, it took multiple scans to find all the channels. Then to tune a channel it would almost never work.

Rebooted the docker, same. Rebooted unraid started working fine. After a few minutes back to the same issue. tvHeadend reports no signal, poll timeout.

To check if the problem was my tunner or tv signal, i created a ubuntu VM, installed the drivers from the official PPA of Hauppage and passed thought the tunner. It works perfect, scanned all channels on the first try, tunning work consistently.

Am i missing something or Are the Unraid DVB drivers broken? I would like to avoid having a VM just for this...

Thanks in advance.

I solved this issue using Docker Minisatip, and at TVH using SAT IP for tunner.

No more poll timeout!! I told in other replies!!!

Minisatip IP docker, works good for passthrough the tuner for TVH ;)

No trouble with the LibreElec build with my Hauppauge WinTV-Dual via usb.  Passed it to Plex docker via /dev/dvb/adapter0 and /dev/dvb/adapter1 it has been rock solid on every build since 6.8.0rc2.  Not writing to complain. just writing to say thank you.  I appreciate the work this took and appreciate the seamless nature of its use.

17 hours ago, psycmos said:

I solved this issue using Docker Minisatip, and at TVH using SAT IP for tunner.

No more poll timeout!! I told in other replies!!!

Minisatip IP docker, works good for passthrough the tuner for TVH ;)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Installed minisatip docker, had a hard time scanning for all the channels again. Random tuning errors.

Remembered to check the TVH version that was installed on my VM and it was 4.2.9, the docker image was a more recent version.

So, i recreated the docker and selected the 4.2 image. Just to test tried to pass the tuners directly to TVH, still scanning/tuning problems.

So i then tried with minisatip and it seems to be working fine! Got all channels at once, and seems to be tuning to channels fine now.

I guess the most recent TVH image has some new bug or is incompatible in some way with my hardware.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, danielb7390 said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Installed minisatip docker, had a hard time scanning for all the channels again. Random tuning errors.

Remembered to check the TVH version that was installed on my VM and it was 4.2.9, the docker image was a more recent version.

So, i recreated the docker and selected the 4.2 image. Just to test tried to pass the tuners directly to TVH, still scanning/tuning problems.

So i then tried with minisatip and it seems to be working fine! Got all channels at once, and seems to be tuning to channels fine now.

I guess the most recent TVH image has some new bug or is incompatible in some way with my hardware.

I sugest you to use TVH as docker insted of inside the VM. Its works great ;) 4.3.x

Hi,  Unraid newbie here, just trying it out to see if it will work with my setup and have a query. 

I'm using a HP Microserver with an AMD Turion II Neo N54L processor and a TBS 6981 dual tuner sat card, I tried running the 6.8.2 DVB Unraid build but although the drivers loaded fine the card was not detected so tried 6.8.1 & 6.8.0 but still no joy so dropped back to 6.7.2 and it is working, so the question is there anything I can do to get it working in 6.8.2?

I realise it's a pretty old tuner card but I was under the impression the drivers were backward compatible, it was working fine in Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS without any additional configuration.

• Squid locked this topic