[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

2 hours ago, meep said:

Thanks so much for fining the time to look at this!

This version booted OK but unfortunately, I see the same problem when I review tuner devices in TVHeadEnd - two DVB-S tuners work OK and two are mis-reported and don't allow me to set Networks on them.

@meep  OK, uploaded the builds to here.

Sorry for the delay, got distracted with stuff. :S

Try the 0.9.26 version.

Edited by CHBMB
54 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@meep  OK, uploaded the builds to here.

Sorry for the delay, got distracted with stuff. :S

Try the 0.9.26 version.

No worries.

Unfortunately, that one didn't work either. I tried with MSI= both 1 and 0 (zero worked for me before).

I don't think the other setting is relevant to me as I don't have S8 cards.

I'll try chasing Digital Devices and I'll go back to the plugin rather than the docker to see if that works.

Thanks for all the help with these build.

2 hours ago, meep said:

No worries.

Unfortunately, that one didn't work either. I tried with MSI= both 1 and 0 (zero worked for me before).

I don't think the other setting is relevant to me as I don't have S8 cards.

I'll try chasing Digital Devices and I'll go back to the plugin rather than the docker to see if that works.

Thanks for all the help with these build.

Did you use the stable or latest version of the container?

CHBMB,

I installed unRAID today. My use case is a SageTV server. I added the DVB Plugin. I was wondering if you have considered adding support for the Ceton Infinitv 4 network encoder? I know there are Linux drivers for it on their site, but I have no idea how to get them to be used in unRAID/Docker. Or, if it is not possible for some reason, I would appreciate knowing that, too. Thanks.

Also, I got 1 of 2 Firewire boxes working today. Thanks for adding that. I am not sure what's up with the other one but I will keep trying. It is probably something I did wrong.

6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

There are different versions?  I never realised..... 

We have the stable one which is 4.0.9 and latest that is built from got on the weekly refresh. But, latest is always the greatest, so you haven't missed anything ;-)

20 hours ago, CHBMB said:

No problem, only other thing worth checking with digital devices is if their drivers are compatible with the kernel version that Unraid is on...

So a fairly rapid response but no help from digital devices;

We are not aware of any problems with our drivers under kernel 4.9.x. on a normally Linux distribution like Ubuntu, Debian etc., but unRaid is not a normally linux distribution and the DVB Edition of unRaid is a community extension.

Sorry, but unfortunately we cannot give you support for this, so if you have any issue please contact the extension Maintainer.

I'll try a few docker and plug-in variants now to see if I can get any joy.

3 hours ago, meep said:

So a fairly rapid response but no help from digital devices;

I'll try a few docker and plug-in variants now to see if I can get any joy.

That's disappointing.

Can you do me a favour and take a screenshot of how the devices are presented to TVH in v6.2.4 similar to the one you posted in v6.3.2?  I do remember that you had issues getting docker working on v6.2.4, but my rationale is that if I can get some more information, then I'll email them myself, as, quite frankly that response is a cop out, Unraid as far as they should be concerned is a Slackware Linux distro, with a fancy webui overlaying it.   If it doesn't work in Unraid, then it won't work on Slackware and last I checked that is a normal Linux distro.

19 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@meep

Also can you post the output of this command for both v6.2.4 and v6.3.2 please?

ls -lR /dev/dvb/

I tried reverting to 6.2.4 yesterday but none of my dockers appeared (no docker tab) and I didn't have the time to troubleshoot it. I'll try again later in the week and provide the screen shots and outputs you request.

30 minutes ago, meep said:

I tried reverting to 6.2.4 yesterday but none of my dockers appeared (no docker tab) and I didn't have the time to troubleshoot it. I'll try again later in the week and provide the screen shots and outputs you request.

Yeah, no worries.  whenever you can.  

On 18/02/2017 at 8:05 PM, CHBMB said:

First link has got no connection to these DVB builds, 2nd link isn't the source of the firmware in these images, although after comparing the md5sum for the different builds I can confirn that it is 4.0.11  :D

I suggested earlier that you try the CrazyCat build, have you done so? 

Checking the md5sum for CrazyCat firmware version and 4.0.25 it would appear it's the version you're looking for.

When you get a chance can you check what firmware the TBS open source drivers are using please.  Thanks

36 minutes ago, DZMM said:

When you get a chance can you check what firmware the TBS open source drivers are using please.  Thanks

It's easy to do it yourself....

Install the TBS OS build or whatever build you want to check and reboot.

Then run:

md5sum /lib/firmware/dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

wget http://palosaari.fi/linux/v4l-dvb/firmware/Si2168/Si2168-B40/4.0.25/dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw
md5sum dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

Both the TBS OS and the firmware you linked to before both yield an md5 of c8e089c351e9834060e962356f8697b8 indicating they're the same file.

5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

It's easy to do it yourself....

Install the TBS OS build or whatever build you want to check and reboot.

Then run:

md5sum /lib/firmware/dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

wget http://palosaari.fi/linux/v4l-dvb/firmware/Si2168/Si2168-B40/4.0.25/dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw
md5sum dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

Both the TBS OS and the firmware you linked to before both yield an md5 of c8e089c351e9834060e962356f8697b8 indicating they're the same file.

Thx will save this for the future

On 06/03/2017 at 3:46 AM, willieb said:

CHBMB,

I installed unRAID today. My use case is a SageTV server. I added the DVB Plugin. I was wondering if you have considered adding support for the Ceton Infinitv 4 network encoder? I know there are Linux drivers for it on their site, but I have no idea how to get them to be used in unRAID/Docker. Or, if it is not possible for some reason, I would appreciate knowing that, too. Thanks.

Also, I got 1 of 2 Firewire boxes working today. Thanks for adding that. I am not sure what's up with the other one but I will keep trying. It is probably something I did wrong.

Had a look at the Ceton situation.  Not looking too good I'm afraid.

Not compiling on Linux kernel 4.7 (We're on 4.9.10)

Linux is not a supported operating system for InfiniTV. Ceton provides driver source for InfiniTV devices as a courtesy to customers. By using these tools you acknowledge and accept that you do so at your own risk and without the expectation of support from Ceton. 

Their github repository hasn't been changed for at least 2 years and the commits before that was one 4 years ago.

The last drivers were from 2013.

Trying to compile them throws a lot of errors and their Linux support is one of the worst I've seen from all the manufacturers..... 

root@Matrix:~# cd /mnt/disk1/dvb

root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb# wget http://cetoncorp.com/downloads/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226.tar.gz

--2017-03-07 22:35:36--  http://cetoncorp.com/downloads/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226.tar.gz
Resolving cetoncorp.com (cetoncorp.com)... 66.175.223.195
Connecting to cetoncorp.com (cetoncorp.com)|66.175.223.195|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 34005 (33K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226.tar.gz’

ceton_infinitv_linu 100%[===================>]  33.21K   192KB/s    in 0.2s    

2017-03-07 22:35:37 (192 KB/s) - ‘ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226.tar.gz’ saved [34005/34005]

root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb# tar xvf ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226.tar.gz

<f ceton_infinitv_linux_driver_2013_0326_2226.tar.gz                                  
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_reset.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_net.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_interrupt.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_net.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_mpeg.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_registers.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_ioctl.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_reset.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_rpc.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/98-ctn91xx.rules
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_rpc.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_pci.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_util.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_event.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_rtp.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_interrupt.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_pci.c
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_rtp.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_kal.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_event.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/README
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_structs.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/Makefile
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_ioctl.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_mpeg.h
ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_util.h
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb# ls
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb# cd ceton_infinitv_linux_driver

root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver# make
make[1]: Entering directory '/mnt/disk1/dvb/kernel'
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_interrupt.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_ioctl.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_util.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_event.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_mpeg.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_net.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_reset.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_pci.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_rtp.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_rpc.o
/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.c: In function ‘ctn91xx_print_compilation’:
/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.c:17:59: error: macro "__TIME__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]
     INFO("driver compiled at %s on %s", __TIME__, __DATE__);
                                                           ^
/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.c:17:59: error: macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]
/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_net.c: In function ‘ctn91xx_net_start_xmit’:
/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_net.c:231:13: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘trans_start’
         ndev->trans_start = jiffies;
             ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:294: /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_driver.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:293: /mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver/ctn91xx_net.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1490: _module_/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/disk1/dvb/kernel'
make: *** [Makefile:38: ctn91xx_module] Error 2

root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver# make install
Installing ctn91xx driver...
  DEPMOD  4.9.10-unRAID
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/common/siano/smsdvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/ngene/ngene.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_ringbuffer_write_user
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/dvb_usb_v2.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/au0828/au0828.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/cx231xx/cx231xx-dvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/em28xx/em28xx-dvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-dvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
cp 98-ctn91xx.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
/sbin/depmod -a 4.9.10-unRAID

root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/dvb/ceton_infinitv_linux_driver# 

Edited by CHBMB
4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Had a look at the Ceton situation.  Not looking too good I'm afraid.

Not compiling on Linux kernel 4.7 (We're on 4.9.10)

I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this.  Your post was really fortuitous because EnterNoEscape over at the SageTV forums literally JUST (as in 5 minutes ago) pointed me to this repo which says it was updated to fix the 4.7 compatibility issues just back in September. If you get a chance could you see if it might work? Thanks! 

@willieb

root@Matrix:~# cd /mnt/disk1/
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1# ls
appdata/  docker/  docker.img  dvb/  dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw
</github.com/CHBMB/infinitv_pcie/archive/test.tar.gz                               
--2017-03-08 03:09:53--  https://github.com/CHBMB/infinitv_pcie/archive/test.tar.gz
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.253.113, 192.30.253.112
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.253.113|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location: https://codeload.github.com/CHBMB/infinitv_pcie/tar.gz/test [following]
--2017-03-08 03:09:53--  https://codeload.github.com/CHBMB/infinitv_pcie/tar.gz/test
Resolving codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)... 192.30.253.120, 192.30.253.121
Connecting to codeload.github.com (codeload.github.com)|192.30.253.120|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘test.tar.gz’

test.tar.gz             [ <=>                ]  30.51K  --.-KB/s    in 0.1s    

2017-03-08 03:09:54 (304 KB/s) - ‘test.tar.gz’ saved [31240]

root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1# tar xvf test.tar.gz 
infinitv_pcie-test/
infinitv_pcie-test/98-ctn91xx.rules
infinitv_pcie-test/Makefile
infinitv_pcie-test/README
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_driver.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_driver.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_event.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_event.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_interrupt.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_interrupt.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_ioctl.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_ioctl.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_kal.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_mpeg.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_mpeg.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_net.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_net.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_pci.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_pci.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_registers.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_reset.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_reset.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_rpc.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_rpc.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_rtp.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_rtp.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_structs.h
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_util.c
infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_util.h
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1# cd infinitv_pcie-test/
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test# make
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_driver.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_interrupt.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_ioctl.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_util.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_event.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_mpeg.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_net.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_reset.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_rpc.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_pci.o
  CC [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx_rtp.o
  LD [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
  CC      /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx.mod.o
  LD [M]  /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx.ko
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test# make install
Installing ctn91xx driver...
  INSTALL /mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test/ctn91xx.ko
  DEPMOD  4.9.10-unRAID
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/common/siano/smsdvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/ngene/ngene.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_ringbuffer_write_user
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/dvb_usb_v2.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/au0828/au0828.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/cx231xx/cx231xx-dvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/usb/em28xx/em28xx-dvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
depmod: WARNING: /lib/modules/4.9.10-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf2-dvb.ko.gz needs unknown symbol dvb_create_media_graph
cp 98-ctn91xx.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
/sbin/depmod -a
root@Matrix:/mnt/disk1/infinitv_pcie-test# 

No idea if it will work or not I can't test it.  I'm prepared to do some work so you can make this build yourself with each Unraid release, however I'm not going to produce a build for something that the manufacturer isn't supporting and have basically abandoned, and has been temporarily given an extension by a community member.  Let me know and I'll point you to my scripts for you to run yourself.  

I know this sounds harsh but for me to produce a build for one user, it's a bit excessive.  Try this one I've just uploaded and let me know.  If it works then I can tell you how to make the build each time there's a new Unraid release.  Basically involves updating to the new version running two scripts and takes about an hour or so, then copy the bzroot, bzimage and bzroot-gui files to your flash and reboot.  You will need to wait until I've done the other builds then I'll have the kernel config done and ready and the scripts you run will pull that, save you doing it yourself.  The reasoning behind this is I know how often kernel upgrades break the TBS drivers and the pace of Unraid with regard to kernel versions is pretty quick.  Hence, if this works for V6.3.2 there's absolutely no guarantee it will for v6.3.3, so you're going to be relying on the chap who updated it last to keep pace with your kernel needs.  Hope you understand.  

8 hours ago, CHBMB said:

@willieb

I know this sounds harsh but for me to produce a build for one user, it's a bit excessive.  Try this one I've just uploaded and let me know.  If it works then I can tell you how to make the build each time there's a new Unraid release.  Basically involves updating to the new version running two scripts and takes about an hour or so, then copy the bzroot, bzimage and bzroot-gui files to your flash and reboot.  You will need to wait until I've done the other builds then I'll have the kernel config done and ready and the scripts you run will pull that, save you doing it yourself.  The reasoning behind this is I know how often kernel upgrades break the TBS drivers and the pace of Unraid with regard to kernel versions is pretty quick.  Hence, if this works for V6.3.2 there's absolutely no guarantee it will for v6.3.3, so you're going to be relying on the chap who updated it last to keep pace with your kernel needs.  Hope you understand.  

@CHBMB

Of course I understand. And that sounds more than fair. I appreciate your generosity. I'm traveling today but should be able to test this tomorrow evening. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again! 

6 hours ago, willieb said:

@CHBMB

Of course I understand. And that sounds more than fair. I appreciate your generosity. I'm traveling today but should be able to test this tomorrow evening. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again! 

Like I said, the script to create the build I wrote last night, so if it works you'll just have to run a kernel-compile script and then the ceton one.

• Squid locked this topic