August 1, 20197 yr Using Linuxserver.IO TvHeadend docker after Linuxserver.IO DVB installed libreelec 6.7.2 version over OS unraid 6.7.2. Maybe just confused about the thread to post in.
August 2, 20197 yr Everything was working fine up to last weekend and from Sunday not working. The only thing updated in that time was the docker to the 26.7.19 version. I noticed there was a later version (31.7.19 I think) so I forced updated to that and still not working. So then I tried downgrading to the last version prior to the 26.7 update and still not working so reverted back to the latest.
August 2, 20197 yr 3 hours ago, boragthung said: Everything was working fine up to last weekend and from Sunday not working. The only thing updated in that time was the docker to the 26.7.19 version. I noticed there was a later version (31.7.19 I think) so I forced updated to that and still not working. So then I tried downgrading to the last version prior to the 26.7 update and still not working so reverted back to the latest. You can try different tags for the tvheadend container. Are you using latest or the stable tag for it? You can find the different tags on docker hub.
August 2, 20197 yr After forcing update to get the very latest to test that, I added :6be300c4-ls25 to downgrade to the version used before 26.7.19 update, but still didn't work on either of them. Just removed tag to get back to normal latest. Don't understand how it all worked fine before. Always been using latest branch 4.3 and never used 4.2 on this docker. More net searching I think it might have something to do with drivers for my pci Skystar HD2 causing not to tune but I found these problems from about 10 years ago and seem fixed now but is was something related to mantis driver and s2 problems. I thought the Skystar HD2 was one of the best ones for out of the box compatibility because all I found was no firmware needed and supported by stock linux kernel. An attempted scan at a populated mux seems to tune then fails with error no data found and linuxdvb unable to find UNC value. So the problem seems to lie here. Is this linxdvb part of the container or part of the plugin ? All things driver related will be contained in this plugin rather than the tvh docker and that has not changed in the time of this working then not working. lspci -v gives: 04:01.0 Multimedia controller: Twinhan Technology Co. Ltd Mantis DTV PCI Bridge Controller [Ver 1.0] (rev 01) Subsystem: Device 1ae4:0003 Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16 Memory at f0300000 (32-bit, prefetchable) Kernel driver in use: Mantis Kernel modules: mantis I have looked at various logs on my server and can't really see anything wrong. My current set up has a motorised dish with quad LNB (2 upstairs, 2 downstairs) but rarely move it from 28.2E nowadays. The motor (LNB1) is powered only by a Technomate (SD) box which I only really use if I want to watch another satellite (it only does a now/next epg if you're lucky). I have a PC LibreElec box (LNB2 - pcie DVBSky S950 ) for my main freesat viewing (HD capable) giving me a full epg, which I would turn off if moving dish. My back bedroom is where my main PC and Unraid server are with LNB3 - basically provides a second tuner for me for recordings. LNB4 is in another bedroom not used at moment (which is why I had a a spare Sat card, pcie TBS 6922SE). I keep it simple for any PC cards with just universal LNB setting as they will only see the position currently set by motorised box so there is no diseq to mess with. I am thinking about adding another tvh docker but pointing at another satellite (19.2E) as a test. Obviously anything designed to run on 28.2E only will be closed down. I had originally thought about setting multiple satellites in one docker but don't want to over complicate things, particularly with epg scans and the fact only the Technomate can do the motor. In the past I always ran DVBviewer and its Service on my windows PC. I used to add all satellites and tune individually after moving the dish and could play back from whatever Sat I was on. But I was suffering a lot of discontinuities at times on freesat and decided to try a linux based setup (LibreElec) which seemed to work better than windows drivers. After I found that to work well my next step was moving my card into Unraid instead of using it on windows/dvbviewer and it has been great until last weekend. Probably been running this plugin and docker combo for the best part of a year with no problems.
August 2, 20197 yr Just moved my dish to 19.2 E, created a new tvh docker and I am getting the same failure with no data found linuxDVB unable to provide UNC value. I first tried with default latest 4.3~. I deleted that one plus config folder. Created a fresh docker but set it as 4.2. Still failed. The only option I have now is to take my card out and see if it works on windows to rule out a hardware fault. Will do that tomorrow.
August 3, 20197 yr Took my Skystar HD2 out of the server and put it in a Windows 10 PC, installed drivers and tested with DVBviewer transedit scanner and it is still failing to find any data so I must conclude that something on the card itself has stopped working so it is a hardware problem after all. Not happy about the hardware failing and don't know why it has but at least it has put my mind at rest getting to the cause of the issue. Not too sure if it is possible to get it repaired or even economically viable to do so. I would like to replace it with a DVB--S2 Sat PCI card (no room for a PCIe). Any suggestions for one that will work easily?
August 3, 20197 yr I have just ordered an Azurewave AD-SP400 I found available - which is the same card as the Skystar effectively (Skystar is re-badged version). Hopefully that will just slot in easily as uses the same drivers, only difference being system id.
August 27, 20197 yr @CHBMB, any chance you've had time to take another stab at the DVB / nVidia combo build?
August 28, 20197 yr 6 hours ago, JDubDev said: @CHBMB, any chance you've had time to take another stab at the DVB / nVidia combo build? As soon as he has any news about it he will post about it.
August 28, 20197 yr I've installed the Digital Devices (Github) 6.7.2 Image to my Unraid server but it won't work properly it find the adapters but it shows that the 'Adapter Drivers' are not detected. Also tried to reverting back and reinstalling/downloading the image. I'm running 2 Cine CT V6 (one in the PCIe slot and one extension card attached to the Cine CT V6 extension port) and a Octupus CI Duo (in a PCIe slot). I've also added 'ddbridge.msi=1' to the syslinux.cfg otherwise only one card is detected. Got it to work by removing it from the syslinux.cfg Am i missing something or do i have to remove the Octupus CI Duo card? Edit: Got it now (still doesn't detect the Adapter Drivers but it works now with the TVMosaic Docker) but only works partially only 2 of the 4 tuners are available and the CI interface is not showing up, can somebody help me out? Edit: Got now 3 of my 4 tuners working but the DVB Adapter Drivers still says that it's not detected but it works with the TVMosaic docker. The only question that i have is why are only 3 of my 4 tuners are detected? Edited August 31, 20197 yr by ich777
September 10, 20197 yr Hi, i am not quite sure when my dvb-plugin stopped working but with the current librelec 6.7.2 and the older versions my DVBSky S952 V3 stopped working. unRAID Version:6.7.2 Linux Kernel Version:4.19.56 DVB Version:LibreELEC Driver Version:1.3.1 DVB Kernel:Detected DVB Adapter Drivers:Not Detected DVB Adapter 0:Not Detected DVB Adapter 1:Not Detected DVB Adapter 2:Not Detected DVB Adapter 3:Not Detected DVB Adapter 4:Not Detected DVB Adapter 5:Not Detected DVB Adapter 6:Not Detected DVB Adapter 7:Not Detected After some research i figured out the the firmware in lib/firmware is missing. I need Firmware: dvb-fe-rs6000.fw (Download: http://www.dvbsky.net/download/linux/dvbsky-firmware.tar.gz ). I tried to copy the file but get the message that the file system is read-only. What can i do? Thanks
September 21, 20197 yr Hi Everyone, I am trying to setup a Hauppauge WINTV-HVR-2200. I an confirm the card works as I have tested it in another system running windows. I have tried librelec 6.7.2, librelec 6.7.1, TBS (CrazyCat) 6.7.2, TBS (Open Source) 6.7.2. The card is not detected anywhere in unraid. There is a guide by linuxtv https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2200#Making_it_work_using_a_GUI for installing the firwmware for this card but I cannot write to the firmware directory as it is mounted as readonly. Can anyone assist. TA
September 22, 20197 yr 13 hours ago, trurl said: If it works in Windows why not update its firmware there? Are you able to advise how I would go about that process?
October 3, 20196 yr @CHBMB I saw you got the build working again for the Nvidia plugin and 6.7.3 RC4, would you be updating this one as well? Would be greatly appreciated! Edited October 4, 20196 yr by cybrnook Needed to complete my thought :-)
October 4, 20196 yr I tried the 6.7.2 build with the TBS (CrazyCat) drivers, and works pretty well. Encoding and decoding worked fine on my Quadro. I have four DVB tuners, and only the two non-TBS ones worked without issue in tvHeadend though. Hoping that the TBS (OpenSource) drivers will work with the (hopefully) coming 6.7.3 version! Keep up the good work, it really is very much appreciated! Cheers, Pacman
October 12, 20196 yr Have got 2 out of the 3 OOT drivers working for v6.8.0rc1 , once I get some info from @limetech on the Unraid MD OOT driver should be good to go. LibreELEC, TBS OpenSource and Digital Devices compile fine. CrazyCat still needs some work, hopefully should get something worked out for that though.
October 12, 20196 yr 10 minutes ago, psycmos said: Great news! If you can share one of that 2 drivers, i can test it No, because it's missing the Unraid MD OOT driver.
October 13, 20196 yr LibreELEC, TBS-OS, Digital Devices v6.8.0rc1 all done. TBS-Crazy-Cat broken at the moment.
October 13, 20196 yr Hi CHBMB, thanks a lot I tested the 3 available releases with my setup (1x DVBSky S950, 1x WinTV-quadHD) and not of them works good. Libreelec not reconzize me the DVB-C from WinTV-quadHD, and the other 2 give me DVBsky as DVB-T tunner! For me the only build is TBS (CrazyCat) drivers, so i will revert to 6.7.2! But thanks a lot for help us.
October 14, 20196 yr I was wondering if I can get some help and hoping this is the right place to post. I am having trouble getting my plex docker container to recognize my tuner. I am new to unraid but not new to linux, docker, etc. I have unraid 6.7.2, I am using binhex's plex container, I have plex pass, I have Community Apps and have downloaded Unraid DVB. I have tried both LibreELEC and TBS CrazyCat 6.7.2. I am using This Tuner. Plex will not detect the tuner. Here is so more info from the community app unraid DVB: unRAID Version:6.7.2 Linux Kernel Version:4.19.56 DVB Version:LibreELEC Driver Version:1.3.1 DVB Kernel:Detected DVB Adapter Drivers:Detected DVB Adapter 0:LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend DVB Adapter 1:LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend Lastly, I stood up TvHeadEnd's docker and was able to find 40 or so tv channels through it. What am I missing?
October 14, 20196 yr 3 hours ago, xTxHiLLx said: I was wondering if I can get some help and hoping this is the right place to post. I am having trouble getting my plex docker container to recognize my tuner. I am new to unraid but not new to linux, docker, etc. I have unraid 6.7.2, I am using binhex's plex container, I have plex pass, I have Community Apps and have downloaded Unraid DVB. I have tried both LibreELEC and TBS CrazyCat 6.7.2. I am using This Tuner. Plex will not detect the tuner. Here is so more info from the community app unraid DVB: unRAID Version:6.7.2 Linux Kernel Version:4.19.56 DVB Version:LibreELEC Driver Version:1.3.1 DVB Kernel:Detected DVB Adapter Drivers:Detected DVB Adapter 0:LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend DVB Adapter 1:LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend Lastly, I stood up TvHeadEnd's docker and was able to find 40 or so tv channels through it. What am I missing? I guess you added the /dev/dvb device to the plex container? Also remember that plex doesn't support all dvb cards. You might be lucky that it works even though it is not supported, but there is a different way of adding the card. It's all in the plex documentation. Have you tested if it works in our plex container?
October 14, 20196 yr 6 hours ago, saarg said: I guess you added the /dev/dvb device to the plex container? Also remember that plex doesn't support all dvb cards. You might be lucky that it works even though it is not supported, but there is a different way of adding the card. It's all in the plex documentation. Have you tested if it works in our plex container? After I posted, It hit me that I didn't add "--device=/dev/dvb" to extra parameters in the plex container like I did in the TvHeadEnd. It picked up afterward fine. Thanks for the reply.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.