[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

16 hours ago, Edouard Kleinhans said:

Hello All,

thanks a lot for this great plugin. As i see, every time a new release is made, we must wait a long of time before a DVB version is available. How can we automate the creation of this image ? Do you need help in order to do this ?

Edouard

just download source, and compile yourself. Everything is really automatic. CHBMB made really good job ! 

Tomorrow or Saturday I will release version 6.6.4

Edited by piotrasd
17 hours ago, Edouard Kleinhans said:

Hello All,

thanks a lot for this great plugin. As i see, every time a new release is made, we must wait a long of time before a DVB version is available. How can we automate the creation of this image ? Do you need help in order to do this ?

Edouard

well, it wasn't that long for a new version awhile ago, when @CHBMB had more time on his hands. sometimes it was nearly instantaneous – unRAID released, DVB build a few hours later. but real life first...

4 hours ago, Edouard Kleinhans said:

Thanks for your explanation.

Can we make a pipeline that automacally build a new release when unraid release a new version ? or do we have some change to dp on code before build it ?

well, can't answer that question. not qualified here, to judge about the work which needs to go into building them.

but maybe @piotrasd is on something here.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:20 PM, piotrasd said:

just download source, and compile yourself. Everything is really automatic. CHBMB made really good job ! 

Tomorrow or Saturday I will release version 6.6.4

Hey, 

any luck with this?
or any instructions how to roll my own.

could really do with 6.6.5 asap and i'm willing to donate £10 for beer :)

Have just spent a while upgrading my server and migrated from esxi (with tvheadend in an ubuntu vm) only to find out i need to downgrade my unraid to get dvb working (or use a VM instead of docker..)

Thanks a lot.

Having issues though - both tbs-os and crazycat don't see my TBS PCI card.

it's a 6909 Octo DVB-s

but they all see my usb haupagge - 

i can see my card as default with lspci

02:00.0 Multimedia controller: TBS Technologies DVB Tuner PCIe Card

I just replaced the files in root of flash

any ideas?

just remembered as well - somewhere i need to add: 

At the very beginning, you have to create configuration file under the Linux system directory: /etc/modprobe.d/mxl58x.conf. The content of the configuration file: options mxl58x mode=1. After configuration completed, please reboot your computer

Edited by snailbrain
15 hours ago, piotrasd said:

all - script from CHBMB build all of them ;)

update: ready

tbs-os https://www.sendspace.com/file/gvx5gm

tbs-crazy-dvbt https://www.sendspace.com/file/m6xj9x

libreelec https://www.sendspace.com/file/b9vizy

dd - https://www.sendspace.com/file/p1zgf0

i didn't tested and watch build process - so be careful ;)

Thanks - are these full releases now i.e. don't need to update to stock first this time?

6 hours ago, snailbrain said:

Thanks a lot.

Having issues though - both tbs-os and crazycat don't see my TBS PCI card.

it's a 6909 Octo DVB-s

but they all see my usb haupagge - 

i can see my card as default with lspci

02:00.0 Multimedia controller: TBS Technologies DVB Tuner PCIe Card

I just replaced the files in root of flash

any ideas?

just remembered as well - somewhere i need to add: 

for now i've created a VM and passed through the card.. I noticed someone else in here had a TBS 6909 - if you have any tips for how to make it visible with dvb unraid, please let me know

On 3/27/2016 at 9:29 PM, CHBMB said:

Digital Devices and ddbridge.conf file implementation.

24/7/16 Updated V6.1.9 Digital Devices Experimental & Github and V6.2 RC2 Digital Devices Github uploaded.  Please download again, make the changes detailed here and reboot.

Thanks to piotrasd for working to find this solution.  :)

So, the Digital Devices drivers (both Experimental and Github varieties) require a config file that may change from user to user.  This has led to some problems for us Unraid users as all the OS files are wrapped up in bzroot and unpacked to RAM on boot.

Initially I just included a default bzroot that worked for most people.  Then it became apparent that some people needed to edit it.....  Possible solutions were.

[*]Write a script to run locally on the users machine to unpack bzroot, allow them to change the ddbridge.conf file and then recompress bzroot.  Problem with this is that it requires a large degree of user input.

[*]Symlink ddbridge.conf to a user accessible location.  This seemed like a perfect solution but although it worked for one user it didn't work for another.  ::)

[*]Produce eight different Digital Devices builds per release to allow for all the different config combinations.  This was never an option, due to the massive increased requirements of both the build process and hosting.

Now we have the solution, and you can all thank piotrasd for this one.  Instead of actually creating ddbridge.conf inside bzroot, we instead pass the desired parameters via the syslinux file on the flash drive.  This removes the need for ddbridge.conf to be included in the bzroot.  This still requires manually editing of a file by the end user, but far less user input than the unpacking bzroot method, and providing nobody has any issues it will be done this way from this point on.  The ddbridge.conf file has, depending on user needs, one or two parameters only.

Here's what ddbridge.conf looks like normally.

################################################################
##      For I2C errors -                                      ##
################################################################

options ddbridge msi=0

#################################################################
##  For Max S8 uncomment the line below and delete the lines  ##
##    above, then change x according to config required      ##
#################################################################

#options ddbridge fmode=x msi=0

##################################################################
##                                                              ##
##  Max S8 Config Modes                                        ##
##  fmode=0                                                    ##
##  4 tuner mode ( Internal multiswitch disabled)              ##
##  fmode=1                                                    ##
##  Quad LNB / normal outputs of multiswitches                  ##
##  fmode=2                                                    ##
##  Quattro - LNB / cascade outputs of multiswitches            ##
##  fmode=3                                                    ##
##  Unicable LNB or JESS / Unicabel output of the multiswitch  ##
##################################################################

msi is the first parameter and needs to be either 0 or 1 (Default was 0 in the old builds)

msi=0
msi=1

and

and for those users with a Max S8 one of these parameters, either 0,1,2 or 3

fmode=0
fmode=1
fmode=2
fmode=3

So open your syslinux.cfg file for editing by going to the Unraid webui and clicking Main, then going to the boot device tab - click flash and then go to the tab marked Syslinux Configuration.

By default it looks like this, (Although the section for Unraid OS GUI Mode will be missing from V6.1.9)

default /syslinux/menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50

label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui

label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode

label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

Now to passthrough just msi for both bzroot and bzroot-gui edit the syslinux.cfg and change x to either 0 or 1 depending on your needs.  There are two instances of x be sure to change both of them...

(Default was 0 in the old builds)

prompt 0
timeout 50

label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.msi=x

label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui ddbridge.msi=x

kernel /bzimage

label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

To passthrough both the parameters msi and fmode then same process but change x and y depending on your needs. There are two instances of x and y, be sure to change both of them...  Most users will not require this option. 

(Default for x was 0 in the old builds and y was not present)

prompt 0
timeout 50

label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.msi=x ddbridge.fmode=y

label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui ddbridge.msi=x ddbridge.fmode=y

kernel /bzimage

label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

You will need to reboot after making these changes.

24/7/16 Updated V6.1.9 Digital Devices Experimental & Github and V6.2 RC2 Digital Devices Github uploaded.  Please download again, make the changes detailed here and reboot.

Sorry for reposting this one.

I need to do similar for the TBS 6909.

Is this possible?

Hi you all,

I'm still at Unraid 6.6.1 but I'd like to update to 6.6.5.

However - I need the DVB drivers (LibreELEC). Can you tell me exactly what I need to do when I download the package from piotrasd to get it working under 6.6.5?

THANK you in advance

Best regards

Michael

On 11/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, Schlichi said:

Hi you all,

I'm still at Unraid 6.6.1 but I'd like to update to 6.6.5.

However - I need the DVB drivers (LibreELEC). Can you tell me exactly what I need to do when I download the package from piotrasd to get it working under 6.6.5?

THANK you in advance

Best regards

Michael

I’d also love to know how to go about doing this. I’d usually just mess around until I got it right, but messing with the boot drive scares the crap outta me. 

I am currently considering setting up "Plex Live TV". I am running the Linux|Server Plex Docker (and as many LS dockers as possible). I know I need to get a tuner and install unRAID DVB. Anything else?

Is there a known tuner that "plays nice" with unRAID, Plex Docker and unRAID DVB? The supported tuners are here: 

https://support.plex.tv/articles/225877427-supported-dvr-tuners-and-antennas/

I am in the UK so will want FreeView (I think). If there is a guide to setting up "Plex Live TV" for unRAID, I would be grateful for a pointer. Many thanks!

The easiest tuners to use will be the ones that do not requires to be plugged into the server, they function over ethernet. This way you wont even need special editions of unRaid. For the US market this means SiliconDust HDHomeRuns. I'm not sure exactly which model for UK DVB usage. Try searching on network DVB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, TexasDave said:

I am currently considering setting up "Plex Live TV". I am running the Linux|Server Plex Docker (and as many LS dockers as possible). I know I need to get a tuner and install unRAID DVB. Anything else?

Is there a known tuner that "plays nice" with unRAID, Plex Docker and unRAID DVB? The supported tuners are here: 

https://support.plex.tv/articles/225877427-supported-dvr-tuners-and-antennas/

I am in the UK so will want FreeView (I think). If there is a guide to setting up "Plex Live TV" for unRAID, I would be grateful for a pointer. Many thanks!

I use a TBS 6205 successfully with plex using TVheadend and then TVHproxy to add the card and channels to Plex.  Plex plays Live TV better than Kodi now IMHO. 

This post covers setting up TVH https://blog.linuxserver.io/2017/02/19/how-to-set-up-tvheadend-with-your-dvb-t2-receiver/ and adding the tuner to plex is a doddle with tvhproxy

47 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Plex plays Live TV better than Kodi now IMHO. 

That's interesting!  I'll have to give it a try again.  Removed it about a year ago.

Back to the question - the HDHomerun would be the easiest to set up, since you won't need a custom release of Unraid.  Plug one into your mains, aerial and network and point Plex at it.  I have a TBS card, and have previously managed to pass it straight through to Plex without using TVHeadend or TVHproxy.  At the time though, channel changing was slow and there was no guide.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DZMM said:

I use a TBS 6205 successfully with plex using TVheadend and then TVHproxy to add the card and channels to Plex.  Plex plays Live TV better than Kodi now IMHO. 

This post covers setting up TVH https://blog.linuxserver.io/2017/02/19/how-to-set-up-tvheadend-with-your-dvb-t2-receiver/ and adding the tuner to plex is a doddle with tvhproxy

What is wrong with live TV in kodi? I have used a pi with libreelec/openelec for ages and never had a single issue. 

Or better put, what does plex do better? 

• Squid locked this topic