Ransomware resistance

RobJ

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2017 at 6:57 PM, Bjonness406 said:

So if I want to make all the files uneditable, can I run this command?

find /mnt/disk1/Media/ -type f -exec chattr +i "{}" \;
find /mnt/disk2/Media/ -type f -exec chattr +i "{}" \;

A question to that command if I want to just "immutable" certain files. I was trying e.g.:

find /mnt/disk2/Kino/*.m4v -type f -exec chattr +i "{}" \;

That is working well except with sub-directories. I was trying to use the -R (recursively changes attributes of directories and their contents) flag but this is not working. HAs anyone tried this? Thanks a lot.

1 hour ago, EdgarWallace said:

A question to that command if I want to just "immutable" certain files. I was trying e.g.:

find /mnt/disk2/Kino/*.m4v -type f -exec chattr +i "{}" \;

That is working well except with sub-directories. I was trying to use the -R (recursively changes attributes of directories and their contents) flag but this is not working. HAs anyone tried this? Thanks a lot.

Try:

find /mnt/disk2/Kino -type f -name \*.m4v -print

if that produces what you what then:

find /mnt/disk2/Kino -type f -name \*.m4v -exec chattr +i "{}" \;

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, just read the whole posts and still have one doubt, hope someone can explain it.

The situation is: I have in unraid´s CACHE one ssd running several vm´s. One of these vm´s is running windows and gets infected. My doubt is: will the other vdisks get infected (encrypted) too since they reside in the same disk (cache)?

Also, just to double check, regarding all accessible shares within the infected windows vm, if they are accessible they will be encrypted. I understand that. But what about other shares that are not accessible to this vm. If the windows vm can access i.e. a share called movies, and movies also resides on a disk that contains other shares (not accessible by the windows vm)...will all this shares be encrypted too?

• Like 1