[Request] h265ize container

https://github.com/FallingSnow/h265ize

Is there anyone willing and able to make a container for the script and it's dependencies?

Update: new versions no longer use handbrake and require ffmpeg and node.js. Can anyone take this on? If I need to feed the ~30k files through handbrake manually I'll be spending all my time doing that! If I knew more about docker creation I'd take a stab at it myself but I've got too much other stuff on my plate right now to start a new side project. It'd probably take me longer to get down the basics than for one of the gurus here to pop it in a template anyway.

I am aware of that, yes. And it's great for converting a few files, but not whole collections.

Dependencies

HandBrake - Does all the encoding, absolutely necessary to do use the script at all.

FFmpeg - Used for things like detecting timing, audio/video/subtitle tracks, languages, and many, many other things. Also necessary.

mkvtoolnix - Used for upconverting subs in MKVs, not necessary.

vobsub2srt - Used for upconverting subs, not necessary.

While it doesn't specify, it needs both 8bit and 10bit handbrake builds. If it hits a video for which it doesn't have an appropriate build, it throws an error and stops. When I've tried calling the script from the existing dockers, it complains about ffmpeg being absent. It would also be nice to have the "optional" dependencies for people that might want their features too. I had been running it on a separate ubuntu system, but it would be nice to consolidate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...