Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrTimscampi

[Request] Streama

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Its impossible for CA to pick up the environment variables which are required.  You can still run it.  Just add the appropriate environment variables (listed in the docker run command), and point it to a MySQL docker (linuxserver.io version)

Share this post


Link to post

Is this still an issue now that it appears mysql is packaged with streama?

 

 

 

Run Docker Image & Linked MySQL-Container

 

docker run --rm -it --name="streama" -p 8055:8080 -p 4000:4000 --link mysql:mysql -e “MYSQL_HOST=mysqlhost” -e “MYSQL_port=3306” -e “MYSQL_DB=streama” -e “MYSQL_USER=streama” -e “MYSQL_PASSWORD=streama” whatever/streama

Share this post


Link to post

I am no docker guru, but

 

"root@Icarus:~# docker run --rm -it --name="streama" -p 8055:8080 -p 4000:4000 --link mysql:mysql -e .MYSQL_HOST=mysqlhost. -e .MYSQL_port=3306. -e .MYSQL_DB=streama. -e .MYSQL_USER=streama. -e .MYSQL_PASSWORD=streama. whatever/streama

Unable to find image 'whatever/streama:latest' locally

latest: Pulling from whatever/streama

 

4d2e9ae40c41: Pull complete

a3ed95caeb02: Pull complete

7cf3e1cb1a34: Pull complete

57df89f6e18a: Pull complete

17f65c85feca: Pull complete

ba645fca1b7e: Pull complete

329dc42ad09c: Pull complete

19970c638b4e: Pull complete

2feac12e9416: Pull complete

eb375ca49574: Pull complete

984e8997efc9: Pull complete

44ba2f7de45e: Pull complete

Digest: sha256:939b49493786562e09d9ffd638d1acd55eac6889cd232dbe1d708eda86a1ac05

Status: Downloaded newer image for whatever/streama:latest

docker: Error response from daemon: Could not get container for mysql.

See 'docker run --help'.

"

Share this post


Link to post

I am also looking to get this running and replace Plex. Plex developers are destroying their own program.

 

How do we get streama running? Any help is appreciated, I get the same error response as pyrater

 

On 4/17/2016 at 6:39 PM, pyrater said:

I am no docker guru, but

 

"root@Icarus:~# docker run --rm -it --name="streama" -p 8055:8080 -p 4000:4000 --link mysql:mysql -e .MYSQL_HOST=mysqlhost. -e .MYSQL_port=3306. -e .MYSQL_DB=streama. -e .MYSQL_USER=streama. -e .MYSQL_PASSWORD=streama. whatever/streama

Unable to find image 'whatever/streama:latest' locally

latest: Pulling from whatever/streama

 

4d2e9ae40c41: Pull complete

a3ed95caeb02: Pull complete

7cf3e1cb1a34: Pull complete

57df89f6e18a: Pull complete

17f65c85feca: Pull complete

ba645fca1b7e: Pull complete

329dc42ad09c: Pull complete

19970c638b4e: Pull complete

2feac12e9416: Pull complete

eb375ca49574: Pull complete

984e8997efc9: Pull complete

44ba2f7de45e: Pull complete

Digest: sha256:939b49493786562e09d9ffd638d1acd55eac6889cd232dbe1d708eda86a1ac05

Status: Downloaded newer image for whatever/streama:latest

docker: Error response from daemon: Could not get container for mysql.

See 'docker run --help'.

"

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 12/15/2018 at 10:51 PM, rumble said:

I am also looking to get this running and replace Plex. Plex developers are destroying their own program.

 

 

Just curious; what are the problems with Plex development? I like how i can serve to any device out there.

Edited by hernandito

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/16/2018 at 6:51 AM, rumble said:

I am also looking to get this running and replace Plex. Plex developers are destroying their own program.

 

 

Plex removing the plugin support is removing me from their support, I have switched to Emby today and I'm going to be testing it in the next couple of days.

So far I love it specially the ability to transcode via GPU on a docker (I think) & I'm able to customize it.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

So far I love it specially the ability to transcode via GPU on a docker

I don't think it works for anything but intel CPU embedded GPU's on Unraid, same as Plex.

 

There ARE however plenty of reasons to like Emby, I've been using it for several years now and couldn't imagine life without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

I don't think it works for anything but intel CPU embedded GPU's on Unraid, same as Plex.

 

There ARE however plenty of reasons to like Emby, I've been using it for several years now and couldn't imagine life without it.

Is Emby both a client and server? Basically, what software do you use to watch videos if you run Emby on Unraid?

*** EDIT ***
nm, I found my answer. I think I'll set up Emby and compare it to Plex.

Is Emby Premier necessary?

Edited by whipdancer
found my answer

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, whipdancer said:

Is Emby Premier necessary?

Not for general functionality.

 

However, after I ran it for almost a year without it, I decided I really owed them something, and purchased a "lifetime" license. I was a little bitter when I read the fine print and found out it's not necessarily a lifetime license, but in reality it's similar to the Unraid perpetual license, where the authors could decide at a later date to start charging for upgrades, but several years later and Emby hasn't asked for anything additional. I've definitely gotten my money's worth with all the use I and my friends and family have gotten from it.

 

I recommend reading the binhex emby support thread thoroughly in its entirety if you are truly interested in premier. Paying a developer for great software encourages more development, so I definitely recommend purchasing premier if the basic functionality appeals to you.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

I don't think it works for anything but intel CPU embedded GPU's on Unraid, same as Plex.

 

I just realized that as I'm new but I was thinking of moving it into a VM with a GPU passthough, but that will be for the future to decide.

 

So far I'm loving the interface & ability to customize a lot of features but what I'm missing is a decent way to get subtitles. This is just ,y second day with Emby, I will figure things out.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Paying a developer for great software encourages more development, so I definitely recommend purchasing premier if the basic functionality appeals to you.

I personally believe in paying a developer for great software. I used Plex for 2 years before I bought a Lifetime Subscription (going on 5 years of use now I think). I have no regrets over those $. I just don't like certain recent changes. I'll see if Emby serves my purposes any better.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this