Chrome Prefetch?

Not sure about this - it's an annoyance not a bug. Yes, I believe you can turn off Prefetch in Chrome (which makes it less effective as a browser) but my son seemed to think the web interface of unRAID could be tweaked to detect Chrome's prefetch and block it somehow. I'm no coder!

unRAID OS Version: 6.20 (same on 6.18, 6.19)

Description:

How to reproduce: shutdown your array from Chrome, then close Chrome tab, open another browser, restart your array, reopen Chrome same tab and watch it shutdown your array without interaction!

Expected results: Not to cache the action?

Actual results: Caches the action last done

Other information:

This can be a real PITA when using VMs. Scenario: managing unraid via VM. Accidentally either close VM or shutdown array and of course VM closes. Restart VM (using phone or some other device). Open Chrome and it re-loads tabs and shutdowns VM/array again without you doing anything! Annoyance!!!

Not sure about this - it's an annoyance not a bug. Yes, I believe you can turn off Prefetch in Chrome (which makes it less effective as a browser) but my son seemed to think the web interface of unRAID could be tweaked to detect Chrome's prefetch and block it somehow. I'm no coder!

unRAID OS Version: 6.20 (same on 6.18, 6.19)

Description:

How to reproduce: shutdown your array from Chrome, then close Chrome tab, open another browser, restart your array, reopen Chrome same tab and watch it shutdown your array without interaction!

Expected results: Not to cache the action?

Actual results: Caches the action last done

Other information:

This can be a real PITA when using VMs. Scenario: managing unraid via VM. Accidentally either close VM or shutdown array and of course VM closes. Restart VM (using phone or some other device). Open Chrome and it re-loads tabs and shutdowns VM/array again without you doing anything! Annoyance!!!

Ok, thanks for posting this.  It's been on the back of my mind for a while and I too think there has to be a way to block this as it has happened to me with VMs before as well.

• 2 months later...

I used to have that happen once in awhile with very old versions (v4? v5?) using Firefox!  I haven't seen it in awhile so I've assumed something was changed to avoid that.