Single GPU passthrough support for Gaming/NAS Setups

This is already possible with AMD GPUs, the problem is NVidia GPUs without some detailed working around.

What he said.

Also since a lot of platforms have IGD (integrated graphics), this isn't a big issue as both Nvidia or AMD would work in that situation.

The X99 chipset has no built-in IGD, but most Haswell/Skylake/Ivy ones (speaking Intel) do.

Even a lot of server boards have some very generic (perfectly good for its use case) VGA output that would suffice for this use case.

If your board has an old PCI slot, this may also suffice for Nvidia as a work around. eBay for a PCI video card for ~$10.

• 1 year later...

Perhaps a better request would be to help facilitate the current/necessary passthrough "ugly" solution, for example, have an extra option added under advanced, that allows you to specify an NVIDIA GPU BIOS ROM ".dump" file.

I'm a new trial user currently trying to set up my first server with a Windows 10 gaming VRM on a Ryzen 1700X CPU and a GTX 1080 GPU, and while troubleshooting my black screen passthrough problems anytime I change anything in a VRM's config the <rom file='EXAMPLE.dump'/> edit to the XML is lost making for a very unpleasant new user experience.

Even better would be a further option/button to automate the dumping of a GPU BIOS ROM file for its use as stated above, within the advanced options screen itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 25/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, Ziggsta said:

Perhaps a better request would be to help facilitate the current/necessary passthrough "ugly" solution, for example, have an extra option added under advanced, that allows you to specify an NVIDIA GPU BIOS ROM ".dump" file.

I'm a new trial user currently trying to set up my first server with a Windows 10 gaming VRM on a Ryzen 1700X CPU and a GTX 1080 GPU, and while troubleshooting my black screen passthrough problems anytime I change anything in a VRM's config the <rom file='EXAMPLE.dump'/> edit to the XML is lost making for a very unpleasant new user experience.

Even better would be a further option/button to automate the dumping of a GPU BIOS ROM file for its use as stated above, within the advanced options screen itself.

I agree for the gpu bios dump / load within the webGUI feature. 

+1 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, Ziggsta said:

+1 I would like to see vbios passthrough in the vm template.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2017 at 5:50 AM, Ziggsta said:

Agreed.  As a new unraid user this has been a real pain to get gpu pass through with my single gpu nvidia setup.  Still working on it.