unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-beta21 Available

Just be patient and don't expect every post here will be answered by LT. In NL, we have the saying no news is good news, keep that in mind  :)

We have the same saying in the UK...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously can't share any logs since I can't get into the system, but, thoughts?

So it doesn't boot at all? Do you get a local console prompt? If so, log in and run the diagnostics script at the local console, then post the resulting zip file. Just because the network doesn't appear to be working doesn't mean the system isn't booting.

Obviously can't share any logs since I can't get into the system, but, thoughts?

So it doesn't boot at all? Do you get a local console prompt? If so, log in and run the diagnostics script at the local console, then post the resulting zip file. Just because the network doesn't appear to be working doesn't mean the system isn't booting.

It boots, and looks totally fine, outside of the fact that the network (and presumably other passed through devices) aren't being picked up. I can get into the console, but have no way of downloading the diagnostic tool, so best I can do is copy the normal unRAID log to the flash drive so I can access and share it

syslog.txt

It boots, and looks totally fine, outside of the fact that the network (and presumably other passed through devices) aren't being picked up. I can get into the console, but have no way of downloading the diagnostic tool, so best I can do is copy the normal unRAID log to the flash drive so I can access and share it

from the console,
diagnostics

will be saved to the flash drive.

Diagnostics is built into the system. Nothing for you to do but execute diagnostics and then copy the resulting zip file from the flash drive.

Just wondering... just do it "because you can"?  Or some specific reason ?  It sounds like asking for trouble having a hypervisor run on a hypervisor..

because I come from vmware esxi to unraid and what to get back in to it for learning and practice. Got a VCP6 to take!

from the console,
diagnostics

Oh, whoops. I was looking at the WiKi and it was mentioning I had to download something. I ran it and attached

tower-diagnostics-20160419-1149.zip

from the console,
diagnostics

Oh, whoops. I was looking at the WiKi and it was mentioning I had to download something. I ran it and attached

What would happen if you set /boot/config/network.cfg and BONDING="NO"

Since the beta has ESXi support, has anyone managed to create a VM successfully running vmware esxi 5.x or 6.x?

If so, what template is best to use? thanks.

I don't think Unraid has ever officially supported ESXI. In fact now it includes it's own hypervisor I think it's even less likely to "officially" support ESXI.  Doesn't mean you can't get it working of course...

from the console,
diagnostics

What would happen if you set /boot/config/network.cfg and BONDING="NO"

There's only one NIC on the VM, so there's no bonding available

But it's not a network configuration issue, it's an issue with the passthrough. It's affecting other passed through devices, 6.2 doesn't see the drives on my RAID card either, which pick up just fine on 6.1.9. The network thing was just the first issue I noticed, because I couldn't even get into the system right off the bat ;D

Since the beta has ESXi support, has anyone managed to create a VM successfully running vmware esxi 5.x or 6.x?

If so, what template is best to use? thanks.

I don't think Unraid has ever officially supported ESXI. In fact now it includes it's own hypervisor I think it's even less likely to "officially" support ESXI.  Doesn't mean you can't get it working of course...

So, anyone tried it and had success then?

For a second time now I get the server runing 6.2b21 locked while running SyncBack between two unraid servers.

Source is running 6.2beta21 and destination is running 6.1.9.

The system GUI freezes, Dockers and VM's are not responding, ssh is still working but when launching powerdown the command freezes at: "Starting diagnostics collection..." see picture attached.

Luckily the cp /var/log/syslog /boot command worked so I can share the syslog file attached.

syslog-freeze.txt

ScreenShot_001_2016-04-19_10.13_PM.jpg.36a2226835f33a3cee9d1ea74bf87725.jpg

Just wondering... just do it "because you can"?  Or some specific reason ?  It sounds like asking for trouble having a hypervisor run on a hypervisor..

I love unRAID, but it's not a full blown hypervisor. Sometimes, unRAID gets cranky and unresponsive. I need OpenVPN to be up. I need pfSense to be up. ESXi does that and does it well. unRAID does NAS, HTPC and bells and whistles well (docker containers for many useful things, that are not mission critical for home), so that's what I use unRAID for.

Same here... But if you run esxi within unraid you are increasing complexity on a platform that does not fully work for you... Would it then be not a better idea to run unraid in esxi? Instead of esxi in unraid?

I have run for years with unraid in esxi, worked great... I switched to unraid hypervisor to try it out and for me it works without any glitches.. Several Ubuntu and Windows vm"s.. I also use a lot less resources this way.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I have no idea what the last 2 posters are doing, but unRAID is a guest VM on my ESXi. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do the reverse.

From the OP of the Beta 18 thread:

Nested virtualization support

Now you can install VMWare on unRAID as a VM itself!  Yup!  It really works!

I have no idea what the last 2 posters are doing, but unRAID is a guest VM on my ESXi. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do the reverse.

I tend to agree... it might be possible but it really sounds like the wrong way around... Unraid is really great with VM's, personally I have no need for esxi anymore, but -should- I have that need I would also opt for an esxi host with unraid running as a guest, probably with dockers in the unraid guests and esxi vm's for everything I would feel the need for a vm..

But as said: unraid with dockers and several vm's, runnin on both my primary and secundary system is running absolutely flawless.. I litterally have had -no- issues with unraid since I moved away from esxi.. But that kind of has been the case with unraid since I started using it in the beginning, no issues.. Maybe I have a very favourable hardware setup.

But it's not a network configuration issue, it's an issue with the passthrough. It's affecting other passed through devices, 6.2 doesn't see the drives on my RAID card either, which pick up just fine on 6.1.9. The network thing was just the first issue I noticed, because I couldn't even get into the system right off the bat ;D

Confirmed issue: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48374

Can limetech or jonp chime in? Hopefully something that can be fixed, but it's been around for all 6.2 betas