Ability to Schedule Parity Check on Specific Day

Russ Uno

Can the Ability to Schedule Parity Check on a Specific Day be added.

Such as the first Sunday or Wednesday, etc of the month etc...

I can only find a way to do it by date such as 01, 02, etc or first day, last day...

The fields for day are not active in both v6.1.7 and v6.1.9

Since my media server shuts down every night except Saturday Night/Sunday Morning because there are some TV shows I record early Sunday Morning the overnight period is wasted time and it would be a great time to schedule the parity check then.

As it is now I have to start it when I can and manually run it.

I must be doing something wrong because every time I hit apply the "Day of Week" goes back to "Every Day"

Update, It seems to work for other days, Mon, Tues, but not Sunday... Sunday reverts back to "Everyday.

Possible bug?

Edit...

Also I see a potential problem. What if there is no Sunday in the First week of the month?

There is no way I can see to set it for the 1st Sunday of the month, just the Sunday in the first week, which may not have a Sunday in it.

Because Sunday is the 1st day of the week and if the first day of the month is Monday thru Saturday(the last day of the week)  there will be no Sunday for that week.

There will only be a Sunday for the 2nd week.. So I guess the work around is to schedule the check for the 2nd or 3rd week.

"Day of the Week" still reverts to "everyday" when Sunday is selected and you hit "Apply"

Because Sunday is the 1st day of the week and if the first day of the month is Monday thru Saturday(the last day of the week) or  there will be no Sunday for that week.

There will only be a Sunday for the 2nd week.. So I guess the work around is to schedule the check for the 2nd or 3rd week.

"Day of the Week" still reverts to "everyday" when Sunday is selected and you hit "Apply"

it depends how you define first week.  It could just be the first seven days.  Having said that I have no idea what unRAID is using for that definition.

I must be doing something wrong because every time I hit apply the "Day of Week" goes back to "Every Day"

Update, It seems to work for other days, Mon, Tues, but not Sunday... Sunday reverts back to "Everyday.

Possible bug?

Yeah, this is a bug, will be corrected in next version.

Also I see a potential problem. What if there is no Sunday in the First week of the month?

There is no way I can see to set it for the 1st Sunday of the month, just the Sunday in the first week, which may not have a Sunday in it.

No, there is no risk. First week here is defined as first 7 days of the month, starting on 1st regardless of day.

Archived