keep getting "Faulty" parity even after replacing parity drive with a new one

Hello,

About 2 weeks I noticed that my parity drive (WD 4TB RED, nasware 3.0) was listed as "Faulty" and the parity drive had been disabled. I assumed it to be the drive, so I contacted Western Digital and they quickly sent me a new drive. I put the new drive in, re-built the parity and had no issues for a couple of days, but now I see again that this new parity drive is listed as "Faulty" and the parity drive has been disabled again. I have no idea what's going on.

A link to my syslog is here (was too big to post.)

personal.pixelgraft.com/ExternalFiles/syslog.1.zip

Reading other posts, maybe it's the controller card going faulty or file system issues? Any advice is appreciated! At the moment, I can't write anything to the array, as I am also receiving Access Denied alerts.

Screenshots attached.

parity_error_3.jpg.ab69f29947e2b7bac22dec6bf7c13778.jpg

parity_error_2.jpg.772230573835a0da61823eb8f9ddc23a.jpg

More often than not a disabled drive is caused by something other than the disk. Check connections and cables, both power and SATA. Possibly there wasn't anything really wrong with the disk you returned.

For V6, instead of giving us the syslog, you should always go to Tools - Diagnostics and give us the complete diagnostics zip file, which contains syslog, SMART for all drives, and other useful information.

Since we don't have SMART for your parity or any other disks we can't really comment on their health.

Your syslog does show corruption on your cache disk though.

Attaching a diagnostics file I just downloaded. I ran smart tests on the drives and all came back as completed with no issues. I did "new config 2 nights ago, re-ran a parity sync and all was well for 1 night, then again, the parity drive shows as "Faulty" yesterday morning and lists the parity as invalid. I also disabled my cache drive at the moment, as someone mentioned seeing errors on that.

Could someone take a look at files and see if they can find what keeps causing the parity device becoming disabled? I did check all cables and swapped out the sata cable on the parity with a new one. The parity is connected to a 2 port sata PCI-e. I did buy a new card today, but appreciate if anyone can glean data from my diagnostics. Thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20160409-1546.zip

In your log file there is a device frozen message which could be from cabling (power or sata) so swap out your power cables too, or your sata card.

Try switching your drives completely off that sata card, or swap the parity drive to mb port and a data drive to the sata card. Then do a parity check to see which drive flakes.