2 MELLANOX CONNECTX 2 10GbE ETHERNET NETWORK SERVER ADAPTERS HP MNPA19-XTR

Yes $75.00 is the price for everything.

No unfortunately I do not have the low profile brackets. You can find them occasionally on eBay/ If I have a card I really want to use I modify the bracket or find a video card bracket and modify that.

picked up my cards  LOT of 2  for $36 + $20postage to the u.k    i think that was a bargin,  used 5m cable was about $28 in the uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182076137891?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

mine came with low profile , i might throwm them up on ebay ^^ 

its dremel time with an spare pci bracket....

my question is there's small white 3pin header at the top of the card, is that for a fan ?

The 3 pin header is for

I2C-compatible Interface

A three-pin header on the adapter cards is provided as the I2C-compatible interface. See Figure 13, “Mechanical Drawing of the Dual-port MCX312A-XCBT Adapter Card,” on page 37 for the loca- tion on the board.

unraid 6.1.9

just ran 'lspci'  and found it

81:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT26448 [ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] (rev b0)

ran  'lspci -n

found the card and the id needed

so im gonna try putting that into the flash  and see what happens after a reboot... its a learning curve :)

Syslinux configuration:

append pci-stub.ids=

thanks for all your help ^^ i was just curious about the pin's , hmm wonder if i can mount a 40mm noctura to the heatsink and power that seperately

I've been trying to send you PM's but I'm not sure they're going through.

I'll take them, if you're not getting my PM's you can Email me at a burn email account I set up:

Thanks.

EDIT: Removed Burn E-mail.

burn email account, some spy action going on here  :)

It just so happens that I also picked up a couple of these cards for 10gbps. I put one card into my windows machine, windows sees it perfectly. Unraid, not so much :-(. I am still having issues, here are the problems I am having.

1. I installed the card and booted Unraid. Unraid detects the card automatically. At this point my 1gbps card is still connected as well.

root@Unraid:~# ethtool -i eth1
driver: mlx4_en
version: 2.2-1 (Feb 2014)
firmware-version: 2.9.1000
bus-info: 0000:05:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: no
supports-register-dump: no
supports-priv-flags: yes

2. In order to get unraid to give it an ip i had to run the following command

ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.21 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

this gave us an IP address.

eth1: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.69.21  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.69.255
        ether 00:02:c9:51:ee:00  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

3. I rebooted Unraid but the setting did not stay, linux just showed eth0 as being up.

4. So I added the following to my go script.

ifconfig eth0 192.168.69.20 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
ifconfig eth1 192.168.69.21 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p 444 &

5. So i rebooted again, and this time I could ping both interfaces. The go script above is so far the only success I have had with the mellanox cards.

6. I decide that I want to disable the 1Gbps nic. So i edit the go file to remove the up commands , reboot to bios, disable the on board 1Gbps nic, and resart again.

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p 444 &

7. This doesn't work, in fact no way that I wrote the go script would work with the on board nic enabled disabled. The card is seen in linux, ifconfig eth0 shows the card has an IP, but I can't access the server at all. Admittedly I don't know a lot about linux, and I am probably writing my go script incorrectly. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get unraid to respond on the 10Gbps nic with the 1gbps nic disabled?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/15/2016 at 2:34 PM, jwegman said:

If people are looking for options, here's an auction for the same Mellanox ConnextX 2 10GbE (with 3 meter DAC) in which the seller accepted Best Offer of $18/ea (I bought 4 a few weeks ago):

671798-001 666172-001 MNPA19-XTR HP 10GB ETHERNET NETWORK INTERFACE CARD W/CABLE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282041554175

...which works well in Unraid 6.1.x+ :)

Just a newer update for anyone looking for good options:   

(2 cards 2 cables, SFP+,  <$40 US free shipping)  Ebay "store" seller Esisoinc.   Wow, these are now down to gigabit NIC prices....   Says international shipping available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-2-MNPA19-XTR-MELLANOX-10GB-ETHERNET-NETWORK-INTERFACE-CARD-W-CABLES/282378634053?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D2b173a28f936471a9655c73db33fe560%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D282378634053&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Edited by jsdoc3

This is very interesting. I want to ask some basic questions.

When cards are on each of 2 computers (unRAId and Win), the cable gets connected directly between the 2 cards? No need to connect to router?

I'm thinking this could be used nightly to backup my "irreplaceable" data from the array, to Windows. 

I only have the one unRAID and no other NAS. Storing media and family photos, docs. Can anyone  suggest additional potential uses for this?

10 hours ago, hernandito said:

I only have the one unRAID and no other NAS. Storing media and family photos, docs. Can anyone  suggest additional potential uses for this?

It's only a worthwhile use if you think you can use the 10Gbps cards directly linked to be >= the 1Gbps you likely already have. If not, don't bother. 99% of use cases would not be applicable, so if you have to ask then that likely means you.

It's only a worthwhile use if you think you can use the 10Gbps cards directly linked to be >= the 1Gbps you likely already have. If not, don't bother. 99% of use cases would not be applicable, so if you have to ask then that likely means you.

I agree, some raid arrays can utilize or saturate a 1Gbps connection but if your setup can't then it's not worth it. My desktop and server both have SSD's so figure 550-600MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ucliker said:

I agree, some raid arrays can utilize or saturate a 1Gbps connection but if your setup can't then it's not worth it. My desktop and server both have SSD's so figure 550-600MB.

Welcome to the party! I take a humble satisfaction when a post of mine draws out a new contributor. This forum needs more of us!

Welcome to the party! I take a humble satisfaction when a post of mine draws out a new contributor. This forum needs more of us!

I started this thread a year ago. I have just been extremely busy and haven't been on the forums much lol

• 5 months later...