Privoxy from dockerhub doesn't start

Nem

I'm trying to install privoxy directly from dockerhub because the only one I could find an unraid template doesn't expose the config file.

After install, the container doesn't start. In my unraid log I see:

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'privoxy'

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server kernel: device veth79efe2e entered promiscuous mode

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server kernel: docker0: port 6(veth79efe2e) entered forwarding state

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server kernel: docker0: port 6(veth79efe2e) entered forwarding state

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server kernel: docker0: port 6(veth79efe2e) entered disabled state

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server avahi-daemon[1981]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth533af8d.

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server avahi-daemon[1981]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth79efe2e.

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server kernel: device veth79efe2e left promiscuous mode

Apr 17 05:59:26 Server kernel: docker0: port 6(veth79efe2e) entered disabled state

I'm trying with this image: https://hub.docker.com/r/vimagick/privoxy/

I've tested some of the others on dockerhub but they all result in the same log messages

How can I further diagnose this problem and figure out whats going on?

From the log from that particular container (clicking the log button for the container on the docker page)

iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Permission denied (you must be root)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

But I know nothing about iptables, so that's the best of what I can help you with

• 9 months later...