Setting up unRAID + Docker for SageTV Server but need HDPVR access.

The short question is.... are the HDPVR drivers supported in any build of unRAID?  If not, how would I go about getting it added? 

if HDPVR is NOT in the unRAID kernel, could I still get access it via a KVM container (if I decided to go that route instead of docker)

I'm in the process of setting up an unRAID server consolidating a couple servers into a single instance, and so far unRAID seems to be the best fit to offer NAS and other services.  Admittedly, I know very little about unRAID, but I'm a linux user since it was distributed on floppies :)

My ultimate goal is to provide a SageTV docker container and template for unRAID.  I'm one of the lead developers on the SageTV Open Source PVR, and my discovery of unRAID comes from interactions with that community.

Thanks

Thanks... Do you know if the HDPVR module is included in your build?  HDPVR is a usb component capture device.  It's included by default in the Ubuntu kernels.  The module is

./kernel/drivers/media/usb/hdpvr/hdpvr.ko

I will definately check out unRAID-DVB.  If it install beta20 or beta21 can I still use unRAID-DVB?

Thanks

HDPVR works fine with the DVB builds in the latest beta. Even the IR blaster works once the firmware is added, which I think is something CHBMB will address.

However, a couple of gotcha's : 

You must change the permissions yourself via the go script, since the DVB pluging doesn't know about /dev/video0.

If the HDPVR requires a power cycle for whatever reason, it may not come back as /dev/video0 so the docker will fail to start. Probably could be resolved with some udev rules. 

The SPDIF audio sync issue is a problem in Linux but not under windows. Supposed to not be a problem with RCA jack audio.

Can't run comskip under wine under Docker. Something to do with 64 bit.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to give an update here....  Using the kernel suggested by @CHBMB I was able to get my SageTV to recognize my 2 HDPVRs and last night it appears to have recorded a couple of shows and they appear fine.

I'm still fine tuning my docker image, but once it's done, I'll see about getting it added to the Community Applications plugin (tried finding some info on how I do that, but it's not apparent, yet, how I 'submit' a new application)

I've been playing around with docker + wine for the comskip piece.  Adding in wine adds a gig to the docker container size, which while large, its still not too bad.  It appears that wine 1.8 does play better with docker.  I was able to fire up a container with wine 1.8 and run comskip from the command line without any errors.

You have to add a template to github for the docker and then pm the squid, master of CA and he will add your template repo. If you need pointers on how to create the templates there should be some info hidden here and there  ::)

In unraid 6.2 beta you can enable template authoring to make one in the GUI. Or you could just copy someone's template and change the relevant parts.