Top line bar, to many buttons problem

unRAID OS Version:

Description:

When you add to many items on the top line, the help, feedback, info, log and powerdown (dynamix system buttons plugin). They gets pushed down and becomes hard to read, and something get in the way for other buttons.

How to reproduce:

Add a lot of things to the top line, I have Dynamix system buttons, CA, Dynamix system statics, docker+vm and array utilization indicator.

Expected results:

Something that looks good and not gets in the way?

Maybe just expend the black/grey bar longer down, so it covers the rest too.

Actual results:

The text gets hard to read, and lays over other buttons sometimes.

Other information:

unraid.jpg.6a305d3168de92714d0cca2d5e3ee254.jpg

Display settings gives you the option to move the users tab (very rarely used) into the settings tab.  Beyond that everyone is aware of the problems

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Why do do basically the same thing for the 'Feedback' button and allow it to be moved to either the "Tools' or 'Settings' tab?  I wonder how many people have ever even clicked on it.  (I have the feeling that I did just that when I wanted to see what was behind it!) That would free up a lot of real estate on that top line and put up the things that folks use on a more regular basis. 

Display settings gives you the option to move the users tab (very rarely used) into the settings tab.  Beyond that everyone is aware of the problems

Why do do basically the same thing for the 'Feedback' button and allow it to be moved to either the "Tools' or 'Settings' tab?  I wonder how many people have ever even clicked on it.  (I have the feeling that I did just that when I wanted to see what was behind it!) That would free up a lot of real estate on that top line and put up the thing that folks use on a more regular basis.

Possibly because that's one way for LT to get information back on their product to improve it for all users.

Of everything that's currently there on a maxed out system, I'd say that they all belong there.  CA was the last addition to the tabs, and ultimately the users tab had to move to make room for it.

This issue ultimately also affects mobile devices more than desktops, and also users who have very high scaling percentages on their browsers.

Like I said, bonienl is very aware of the issue (but realistically I wouldn't be surprised if its on the back-burner as with the option to move users the problem has mostly disappeared), but I believe that it would be a major update to dynamix.

Why do do basically the same thing for the 'Feedback' button and allow it to be moved to either the "Tools' or 'Settings' tab?  I wonder how many people have ever even clicked on it.  (I have the feeling that I did just that when I wanted to see what was behind it!) That would free up a lot of real estate on that top line and put up the thing that folks use on a more regular basis.

Possibly because that's one way for LT to get information back on their product to improve it for all users.

Of everything that's currently there on a maxed out system, I'd say that they all belong there.  CA was the last addition to the tabs, and ultimately the users tab had to move to make room for it.

This issue ultimately also affects mobile devices more than desktops, and also users who have very high scaling percentages on their browsers.

Like I said, bonienl is very aware of the issue (but realistically I wouldn't be surprised if its on the back-burner as with the option to move users the problem has mostly disappeared), but I believe that it would be a major update to dynamix.

I never said that it should be moved off the home  page as the default setting.  I said that the user should be given the option to move it if he encounters a problem with space (and readability) with it on the home page.  I can see a lot of people having issues on mobile devices.  I freely admit that I don't have an issue as my main computer uses a 30" 2560x1600 monitor.  But on my 1366x768 laptop, they are much more crowded but there the biggest issue (for me) is vertical rather than horizontal.  I would not be happy if a second 'line' was required for the spillover.

Here's the discussion of this with regards to when CA moved itself onto the tabs (goes on for a couple of pages)

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.msg424452#msg424452

As an aside, I've experimented with removing the plugins tab and the docker tab (and creating separate tabs for them underneath the "Apps" tab), but run into an issue because of the Check For Updates button on the plugins tab