First Build of unRaid

Dousi

Hi Guys!

I just bought my license of unraid after testing it for a month.

Now I'm planing to upgrade the hardware so that it can run all that I need on it.

My requirements:

- Owncloud-Server

- Plex-Server

- VM-Host for 2 Windows 10 VM's each running CAD/CAM Software with a dedicated Graphics card for each VM

What I've found would be a decent Setup is using a dual Xeon E5-2670 System. And thats where my problems start.

What motherboard should I get? Supermicros X9DAi Has all I need, but is very expensive. I then found out about Natex and their Intel S2600CP bundle, but this Motherboard only has x8 PCIe Slots. And, Natex doesn't ship to Switzerland where I live or Germany, where I could go and get it.

So. My question would be if anybody has an idea for a good Motherboard solution wich wouldn't be to expensive?

Also, would that system be sufficient for my needs? I would put in 32GB of ECC Ram to start with.

So, Thanks for your Help, Have a nice day!

Florian

Have you corresponded with Natex.us and inquired what the shipping rates would be to Switzerland or Germany?  FYI; They *have* been shipping to Europe, you just need to contact them about specifics.

I do have contacted them, but haven't got a message yet. I've been talking to my parents and they found a solution to get the Board shipped to us, if it will be the one. now the Question is, does it fit my needs?

Can somebody tell me if I will be good f with this kind of setup for My CAD/CAM VM setup?

The CAD/CAM would be Autodesk fusion 360 wich is multithreading, so it would run well on all the Cores. But what about the Graphics card?

Florian

Now, I got a quote on the shipping, so they would send to switzerland. can anybody tell me the difference between the SR0KX and the SR0KQ revisions? Wich one do I need? Does it even matter?

Thanks

Florian

Archived