Problem with new Adaptec 1430SA

I just installed an Adpatec 1430SA, and it seemed to work great. Then I fired up a VM with a GPU passthrough. Now, the VM will not boot with passthrough, and the drives are not working either. I am getting the following errors:

1. Scan drives on unassigned drives:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned reload >/dev/null 2>&1 & disown' [23149] terminated by signal 7 (Bus error)

2. Attempt to start VM:

kernel: vgaarb: device changed decodes: PCI:0000:01:00.0,olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=none

I am guessing that I have some sort of addressing issue with the cards, but I don't even know where to start.

TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who finds this in a search:

The problem was IOMMU groups. Went to VM Manager, turned on ACS override, and magic, the card and VM passthrough all started working.

Then, when I couldn't get the drives I was attaching using Unassigned Drives to work, I figured out that the plugin has a setting called "Destructive" mode that has to be ON if you want to format drives that you are attaching.

Once all that was figured out, the card is working well, and I have moved 3 archive array drives onto it without issue.