problem with intel d685glclk

jimbolong

I am trying to put together a system with this motherboard.  My first problem is that the cpu fan is running at about 5500 rpm.  I understand that the cpu fan speed is not controlled, but that seems very high.

The bigger problem is that I get a kernel panic when I try to boot from the usb stick.  The last two lines that I get are

44.716058  Warning: unable to open an initial console.

44.716156  Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init = option to kernel.

I can boot with this same stick on two other machines (1 uses an ASUS P5E VM DO and the other is an MSI wind netbook).  On both of these machines it boots fine and I am able to connect from a web browser from other machines on my network.

Any ideas on either of these problems?

OK, I rebuilt the flash drive using the latest beta version of unraid and the system boots just fine.  I don't know if the version I had on the drive before was not compatible with this motherboard or if booting it in different machines puts some kind of configuration data on the flash drive that made it incompatible or what.  Anyway doing a format with the hp tool and rebuilding solved my problem. 

OK, I rebuilt the flash drive using the latest beta version of unraid and the system boots just fine.  I don't know if the version I had on the drive before was not compatible with this motherboard or if booting it in different machines puts some kind of configuration data on the flash drive that made it incompatible or what.  Anyway doing a format with the hp tool and rebuilding solved my problem. 

Since 4.5 final was released today, I'd use it instead of the beta...

see here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=4844.0

Joe L.

Archived