Journey to (16C / 32HT) cores and beyond - aka dual E5-2670 build

I so should have paid attention to this topic!

Keen to hear how you get on with CPU pinning and performance, although judging by Gridrunner's experience all seems promising!

With your motherboard beeps JustJoshin - what motherboard is it, you may get some mileage out of Googling beep codes with that model?

I so should have paid attention to this topic!

Keen to hear how you get on with CPU pinning and performance, although judging by Gridrunner's experience all seems promising!

With your motherboard beeps JustJoshin - what motherboard is it, you may get some mileage out of Googling beep codes with that model?

Yeah I finally figured out what the problem was (which seems obvious in hind sight). Server motherboards do a lot of additional checks and diagnostics on post then consumer boards and I think it was freaking out that it was missing the rest of it's installation environment from wherever it was pulled from. After tracking down the location of the bios reset jump in the manual, all is good. I've got it posting and loading unraid now. Had a busy weekend so just haven't had time to sit down and start porting over my existing unraid environment from another machine.

TBC...