Initconfig and crippling fear (v4.7)

Looking to migrate data from from an 4.7 setup to a new 6.1.9 plus build.

Vital data is backed up.  Media is not backed up.  If I lose some it to an untimely HDD failure I'll live but I don't want to be the cause of my data lose.

I juggled data between the unraid data disks and other network machines to free up two unraid data disks.

I think that on the 4.7 machine I should:

Stop Array.

Unassign parity

Unassign disk3 & disk4 (the two empty ones).

Power down.

Physically pull the disks.

Initconfig and start array.

At this point I think I'll have data, user shares [and no parity] on my remaining few data disks.

Then its install old disks into new computer bring v6 array online.

Repeat the copy, unassign, pull, install to v6 as needed.

Basically I'm crippled with fear and don't want to hit initconfig without some confirmation that unraid will see the reiserfs partitions on the remaining data disks and know its good data and not immediately format and begin clearing data.

I did look for support but with so much v5 and v6 out there its difficult find enough to make me confident.

Thanks.

OK.  I made myself comfortable that this would indeed work and also realized I can do better...

I've installed the unassigned device plugin in v6.  I'll move the 4.7 disks over to the new machine.  Use UA to mount, copy data to the v6 xfs protected, reformat and all old disk to the array.

Sound good?

Regards.

--dimes

OK.  I made myself comfortable that this would indeed work and also realized I can do better...

I've installed the unassigned device plugin in v6.  I'll move the 4.7 disks over to the new machine.  Use UA to mount, copy data to the v6 xfs protected, reformat and all old disk to the array.

Sound good?

Regards.

--dimes

Sounds good to me...