unraid on Braswell? (ASRock N3150M)

Biggest problem I can see is that this board has only two SATA ports and one PCIe X16 slot and two PCIe X1 slots.  That doesn't support many options to add additional SATA ports.  You also need to check and see what manufacturer and chip they are using for the NIC to verify that it supported by unRAID.

I have a spare SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 is was planning on using . That should give me 10 sata drives, that is enough for me. I suppose I could add an Intel Nic if needed. Do you think this board could support a few dockers ?

Well, it is quad processor and capable of running Win 7 so it should be able to handle dockers as long as they are not too CPU intensive.  You will be able to tell when you have gone beyond its limit...

I just saw that it has a Realtek RTL8111GR NIC which is probably included in the RealTek driver set that is a part of unRAID.  (However, I should caution you that I have a low power (AMD Sempron) CPU and I had issues with the RealTek NIC not able to stream BluRay iso's and I required an Intel Network card to fix the problem.)

Braswell is pretty slow.  I've found an AM1 Athlon is a better solution all round than Braswell.  A full microATX board with a Athlon 5350 running at 2.1GHz, two SSDs and 2 fans uses 12W idle using a 300W 80Plus Bronze PSU.  Considering the AM1 is at least 4 times faster, and very, very cheap, I think it's a better solution.

My spare UnRAID box is a 5350 with 8GB RAM (single DIMM), a 4-port Marvell SATA card, a SSD and one fan and it idles at 15W, again using a 300W 80Plus PSU.

• 2 months later...

Depending on the Docker you'll be fine.

I have a Celeron 1037u (dual core 1.8ghz)

It's running SAB, CouchPotato, Crashplan, Sonarr, Owncloud and HTPC Manager

It does all that just fine. and Parity checks average 95MBs with 6 array disks + Parity.

Sab does spend a long time unpacking 10g+ downloads, but again, it's automated so I don't notice it taking a long time.