Dual cpu question

The dual CPU sockets is probably most useful if you plan to virtualize some significant workloads. For example, several streams being re-encoded in real time. For just storage, without any virtualization, dual CPU sockets is certainly overkill.

It is not the location of the server, but what you use it for.

. For just storage, without any virtualization, dual CPU sockets is certainly overkill.

I am not sure if i would be using it for virtualization yet, thinking just  storage, plex , a file share for family, but lately the kids want a minecraft server but think that would be better as a stand alone unit,

. For just storage, without any virtualization, dual CPU sockets is certainly overkill.

I am not sure if i would be using it for virtualization yet, thinking just  storage, plex , a file share for family, but lately the kids want a minecraft server but think that would be better as a stand alone unit,

With dual socket you could totally put that mincraft server in the same machine (as a VM).

With dual socket you could totally put that mincraft server in the same machine (as a VM).

You dont need dual Socket to run a minecraft server. There are also minecraft dockers out there, no need for a VM (mineOS and mcmyadmin2)