[Support] activ - TransmissionVPN

Update februari 2018: I no longer have the possibility to keep supporting this docker. If anyone wants to take over please feel free, grab my stuff from GitHub and make your own. I will leave the current state online, because I know people are using it.

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-transmissionvpn in the activ repo.

Application: Transmission - https://www.transmissionbt.com/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/activ/arch-transmissionvpn

GitHub: https://github.com/activ/docker-templates

Credit: Most of the work was done by Binhex making the arch-rtorrentvpn image, I just messed with his work and replaced rtorrent by Transmission.

Edited by activ
  • Upvote 1

You mean you would set a variable selecting Transmission or Rutorrent etc?

I'm not sure how that would work, the way I see it Dockers need to be as light weight as they can. Installing three pieces of software and then using only one isn't really light weight.

Also, what would the advantage be? The way it is now you can run one of them or all of them at the same time as you want.

A big wish for me is to have the Openvpn and torrent dockers seperated so you don't need to run the vpn several times, but I highly doubt I'll be able to do that and not break compatibility with the Unraid UI.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I didn't think of doing that. Will do it when I do an update for something else too, don't want everyone getting an update notification just because I added a url.

Updating a template won't trigger an update available for the container

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thanks, I didn't think of doing that. Will do it when I do an update for something else too, don't want everyone getting an update notification just because I added a url.

Updated templates only appear to users right?

Wasn't there talk about making a way to push out a updated template file to existing users also?

Updated templates only appear to users right?

Wasn't there talk about making a way to push out a updated template file to existing users also?

Templates currently only affects CA or adding a container.  There has been some talk about that, but AFAIK nothing has ever come of it  (and any changes included in a template update can be easily implemented by a user anyways since its pretty much only environment variables, etc)
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you installing on Unraid? Using my repo or another way?

I guess you need to correct some stuff if you are running the command manually some stugg I notice in the command you pasted:

Where it says: VPN_PROV="pia|airvpn|custom" you will need to choose one.

WHITELIST="192.168.*.*" Should be changed to reflect your setup (WHITELIST="10.*.*.*")

VPN_USER="vpn username" -e VPN_PASS="vpn password" need to be set

I specifically think the pipe sign in VPN_PROV is causing your issue.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got this up and running (thanks!) and it will import .torrents from the interface, but Sonarr (also in a docker container) is asking for a username/password combination and refusing to connect when I try to add it as a download client.  Any ideas why this is happening?

• 1 month later...

I found a bug.  When I would try to add a new torrent it would tell me that /downloads did not exist.  I had set /data to my downloads directory so it should work.  I fixed it by creating a variable /downloads and setting it to my downloads directory.

Doesn't sound like a bug.  Sounds more like volume mappings not matching between your various containers.  This might shed some light: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg488507#msg488507