[Support] activ - LazyLibrarian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I checked to see what AUR was pulling. You should switch your application link to https://github.com/DobyTang/LazyLibrarian.  I almost skipped over this when I saw you linking to itsmegb on the first post.

Thanks for putting in the work to make this.

I just came to post the exact same thing.  DobyTang repo is still actively being developed as of 3 days ago.  Is this docker using itsmegb repo?

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hi - I am getting this error when I try to start the container.

docker: Error response from daemon: service endpoint with name activ-lazylibrarian already exists.

The container is not started and won't start. Tried removing the container (not the image) and re-installing but the same message comes up when I try to install. Any idea why this is happening - i can confirm it was working well a few months back.

Thanks.

Looks like you have Some leftovers from a previous install. Try fully removing it using donker cli.

Figured it out and removed it - but upon reinstall still getting the same error.

used the rm command to remove - any other suggestions please?

root@Tower:/# docker rm activ-lazylibrarian
activ-lazylibrarian

• 1 month later...

I got this installed today with no issues, but it doesn't seem to be able to find anything on my machine.

Here is the log file:

2017-01-22 18:01:59	INFO	Starting LazyLibrarian web server on http://0.0.0.0:5299/
2017-01-22 18:01:59	INFO	Starting LazyLibrarian on port: 5299
2017-01-22 18:01:59	INFO	[VersionCheck] - New version is available. You are 346 commits behind
2017-01-22 18:01:57	INFO	[VersionCheck] - Comparing currently installed version with latest github version
2017-01-22 18:01:57	INFO	SYS_ENCODING is UTF-8
2017-01-22 18:01:57	INFO	Config file loaded
2017-01-22 18:01:57	WARNING	Download dir not found, books will be downloaded to /
2017-01-22 18:01:57	INFO	Screen Log set to INFO/WARN/ERROR
2017-01-22 18:01:57	INFO	Log level set to [0]- Log Directory is [/config/lazylibrarian/Logs] - Config level is [1]

Also, I've attached an image of the config.

Obviously, from the log above, it cannot find the download directory, and it also doesn't seem to be able to find my books anywhere. What sort of directory structure is it looking for? As I have it currently /mnt/user/Books/ points to the root of my Books share which is where my Calibre database file is, then everything is in /Author/Book format below that.

When I go to the Authors tab, it says nothing is found, and when I click the Library Scan button, nothing seems to happen. I set the log level to 2 - Debug, and clicked Library Scan again, and this is the only line that was added to the log:

2017-01-22 18:12:11	INFO	Config file [/config/config.ini] has been updated

I've also tried changing the host port from 0.0.0.0 to 192.168.1.5, which is the server's actual static address, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference, either.

This looks like a great docker if I can get it working... any suggestions?

UPDATE - I realized that I had a bit of a brain fart, I've got /downloads now pointing to my SAB download folder, so it's not complaining about that, but I still cannot get it to identify any existing books.

Another UPDATE - I figured out that I needed to go into the Processing tab of Settings to tell it to actually look in the /books directory that's mapped to the container.  Maybe I'll just quit posting questions until I've poked around really thoroughly... :/

LazyLibrarian_config.PNG.74f2b8bc5247681b8c006b9028937395.PNG

Thanks for getting back to me, activ. It seems to be running OK, but there are a couple of issues...

I've got to say, it's incredibly slow at doing its initial scan of authors, plus, I've got about 530 author folders in my by /Books share, and it only picked up 60 since yesterday evening, and seems to have completed its scan, though it's very difficult to tell if it's actually still scanning or not.

Is it using the Calibre database at all, or is it working purely off of the folder structure? It does seem that it's picking up the series ID for books that I've got, but it doesn't seem to pick up all the books by an author. For example, in Anne McCaffrey's Acorna series there are 7 books, I've only got 4 (#2, 3, 4 & 6) - carefully identified in Calibre, yet LL only shows books 1 & 2 when I look at her entry. It doesn't show that the other 5 books even exist.

I don't think that either of these issues are something you'd be able to take care of, so I guess I need to git over to GitHub to lodge a complaint there...

There is a notification on the LL page indicating that I'm 300-some-odd commits behind. Do I update from within the Docker then restart LL to get them to take effect, or do you do something at your end to keep us up to date?

For the questions about the caliber stuff it's probably best to go to their git.

For updates of the version in the container I trigger a new build every once in a while, if a new version contains something you need just post here and I will trigger a new build.

For the calibre integration to work properly you need to use calibre (or calibredb) to import the books into your library.

If you use calibre (external to LL) then you will need to do a library scan to search for the books that were added.  If you use LL with calibredb as the post processor LL should update for that book on it's own without needing to rescan the entier library.

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2017 at 5:32 PM, thraxis said:

For the calibre integration to work properly you need to use calibre (or calibredb) to import the books into your library.

If you use calibre (external to LL) then you will need to do a library scan to search for the books that were added.  If you use LL with calibredb as the post processor LL should update for that book on it's own without needing to rescan the entier library.

I'm confused.  I've just installed RDP-Calibre - what settings do I put in LL to tell Calibre to import the books and not LL?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.  Can I get some help on folder mappings?  593920fe954f5_ScreenShot2017-06-08at6_03_09PM.png.0b2fa5a6d85573badf93782e21f8321e.png

I have a category in Sabnzbd as ebooks, so whenever LL finds books, magazines, it's sent to sab, and my files are downloaded to /mnt/cache/.downloads/complete/ebooks.  

I can see downloaded books there.

I also have such a folder Media/TV,  Media/Movies.  So, for /books, I put in /mnt/user/Media/ebooks.

No ebooks folder is found inside Media.  The books aren't being moved to /Media.

593922180d7ca_ScreenShot2017-06-08at6_07_52PM.png.0dafaf73d810cc56d7d2910cba245aa9.png

Is there anything wrong with my mappings?

4 hours ago, jang430 said:

Hi.  Can I get some help on folder mappings?  593920fe954f5_ScreenShot2017-06-08at6_03_09PM.png.0b2fa5a6d85573badf93782e21f8321e.png

I have a category in Sabnzbd as ebooks, so whenever LL finds books, magazines, it's sent to sab, and my files are downloaded to /mnt/cache/.downloads/complete/ebooks.  

I can see downloaded books there.

I also have such a folder Media/TV,  Media/Movies.  So, for /books, I put in /mnt/user/Media/ebooks.

No ebooks folder is found inside Media.  The books aren't being moved to /Media.

593922180d7ca_ScreenShot2017-06-08at6_07_52PM.png.0dafaf73d810cc56d7d2910cba245aa9.png

Is there anything wrong with my mappings?

Have you tried mapping the exact same host folder for the /downloads path that you have set on the Sab template?   Generally (not sure about this app though), any apps that talk to Sab, NZBGet and the like require the exact same path mappings on the template as the DL client because Sab et al tell the other app (eg: LL) where the download actually is stored, and if the mappings don't match 100% then it fails.   

But like I said, I don't use this.

• 6 months later...

This container works fine when I first install it, but once I restart it it won't start back up, saying something else is using it's port (5299).  Even if I change the port it will not work.  Any ideas?

Edit:  It was set to bridged mode...  Not sure if was that way at first but that seemed to fix it.

Edited by lordbob75
  • 1 month later...