Password Change Problem

darrenyorston

Hi all. Switched from FreeNAS to unRAID yesterday. I went to the users section and changed the password from the default, was asked to re-login however the new password doesn't work. Other than assigning disks, letting parity complete, formatting disks and creating four user shares I have done nothing else. As I am unfamiliar with unRAID does the system require some sort of time delay for passwords to become effective? At the moment I cannot access the GUI with either my new password or the default.

Hi all. Switched from FreeNAS to unRAID yesterday. I went to the users section and changed the password from the default, was asked to re-login however the new password doesn't work. Other than assigning disks, letting parity complete, formatting disks and creating four user shares I have done nothing else. As I am unfamiliar with unRAID does the system require some sort of time delay for passwords to become effective? At the moment I cannot access the GUI with either my new password or the default.

try a different browser.  I know Chrome is a bitch at always insisting to refill out passwords with the old values.  Might have to clear the stored passwords within your browser

Since I have nothing installed I pulled out the USB with unRAID installed, deleted everything on it and started again. First thing I did this time was went straight and changed the admin password, to qwerty12345

Same problem, password changes but the new one doesn't work. Something seems glitched with the O/S. Anyone experienced this?

Also how come the I cant post a problem to the support sub forum? Admins only? Says I dont have permissions.

Since I have nothing installed I pulled out the USB with unRAID installed, deleted everything on it and started again. First thing I did this time was went straight and changed the admin password, to qwerty12345

Same problem, password changes but the new one doesn't work. Something seems glitched with the O/S. Anyone experienced this?

Also how come the I cant post a problem to the support sub forum? Admins only? Says I dont have permissions.

post your diagnostics.  somethings not quite right here.

No idea why you can't post to general support.  Everyone is supposed to be able to.  Must be something with your user.  send a PM to jonp about that.

Yep. Problem solved..tried a different USB key and now it works fine..odd

Any chance the first one was > 32gig?  You have to jump through some hoops to get a 64gig+ stick to be formatted as fat32, and if you don't do that, some odd issues happen

Archived