[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Just as an FYI, this release adds in some shares vs cache pool settings.

Getting this:

Share appdata set to use pool , but files / folders exist on the cache pool

Share domains set to use pool , but files / folders exist on the cache pool

Share syslogs set to use pool , but files / folders exist on the cache pool

Share system set to use pool , but files / folders exist on the cache pool

I don't understand. They are all set to "Only : Cache" so files/folders should exist there? I have two pools (named cache and temp_hdd), 3 devices in total.

Edited by Niklas

Suggestion, or maybe if there is a way to do this and I didn't see it let me know:

A flag (checkbox in the UI) to ignore sending alerts if there are docker updates.

Netdata, for an example, has updates just about every day. And I auto-update my containers overnight automatically.  Yet, since there is a discrepancy between when this plugin runs its scans (or detects updates in Docker that are available), I get beeped every morning around 3 AM or so from my phone. 95% of the time, it's from this plugin, and its because I have an update available for some container, which will be auto-updated within 24 hours anyway.

18 minutes ago, Pendragon1 said:

I went to "apps" and got the message posted below. I ran the log and it just said "undefined" and my home screen was blank except for the unraid template. "array devices" "boot device" and so on. but no drives were showing.

Something really wrong went on during get.docx 29.93 kB · 1 download

Your RAM is full.

Reboot is your easiest resolution, but you'll need to ultimately figure out why.

The file it tried to write was about 200K.  Various possibilities for this.  You've applied the hack floating around here that moves the docker logs to RAM and something is doing massive logging, a docker container due to a misconfiguration on the template paths is writing to RAM instead of appdata / downloads / image, you've got a very limited amount of RAM on the server (2GB isn't enough -> functional minimum of 4GB)

This command

du / -h -d2 --exclude="/proc" 2>/dev/null

Will actually help a lot better in determining the space where everything is stored.  Might take a couple of minutes to complete, and needs to be cross-referenced against diagnostics (for what drives you have installed vs where the data actually is), but will detail enough to show you (and us) the actual usage

I installed a USB 2.5Gbe NIC to do some speed testing and configured it to be on the same subnet as the main NIC.  I later removed the NIC.  Now I am getting the "Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network" warning; however, there is no longer an eth1 to reconfigure.

I don't see any way of fixing this error without re-installing the NIC, which feels a bit like unintended behavior.

1 hour ago, Excessus said:

I installed a USB 2.5Gbe NIC to do some speed testing and configured it to be on the same subnet as the main NIC.  I later removed the NIC.  Now I am getting the "Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network" warning; however, there is no longer an eth1 to reconfigure.

I don't see any way of fixing this error without re-installing the NIC, which feels a bit like unintended behavior.

Upload your diagnostics please (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

22 hours ago, Squid said:

Do you have a cache pool named "cache"  What are the share settings for those shares in question?  If you can't sort it out, then post your diagnostics

Hi Squid 

With regards to your question I do not have a "cache" pool and I downloaded the diagnostics file however while looking at your Fix common problems it showered there was an update. I ran the update that rescanned my system and the error messages disappeared.     

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dodgeman said:

I am getting the error about my bonding being enabled but when I check the settings bonding is off, the boot/config/network.cfg has 

IFNAME[1]="bond1"
BONDNAME[1]="bond1"
BONDNICS[1]="eth1"
BONDING_MODE[1]="2"
BONDING_MIIMON[1]="100"

Save a file of network.cfg locally, then delete it from the server and reboot. The system will generate a new network.cfg and get an IP address from DHCP when it boots. 

If you don't want a DHCP address, post the full network.cfg here