[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Todays update brings in corruption testing on the flash drive along with most tests now having a "More Information" link being present in the suggestion.

This link will take you to a forum post that has some more information and suggestions on what you're seeing.  The thread itself is locked, but if there's any mistakes in the linked post, then a companion feedback thread https://forums.unraid.net/topic/120244-fix-common-problems-more-information-feedback/ can be used to comment on the individual posts.  Note however that we do suggest that for any assistance with the problems that FCP finds that you either post in General Support (my preference), or in the Fix Common Problems support thread.

The flash corruption test has undergone some pretty intensive testing, but I do anticipate that initially there may be some false positives being generated by the less commonly used plugins.  These false positives will be quickly "whitelisted" on the next release of FCP

Feb 23 18:04:40 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt

Feb 23 18:04:40 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt

You have a folder named "cache" within /mnt (/mnt/cache), but no cache pool named "cache" (they are named cache_nvme and cache_ssd)

Usual way for this to happen is via a path mapping on one of the apps you've got installed (hit show more settings) that is directly referencing /mnt/cache  Adjust them accordingly and reboot

37 minutes ago, Squid said:

You have a folder named "cache" within /mnt (/mnt/cache), but no cache pool named "cache" (they are named cache_nvme and cache_ssd)

Usual way for this to happen is via a path mapping on one of the apps you've got installed (hit show more settings) that is directly referencing /mnt/cache  Adjust them accordingly and reboot

You are awesome. I will work on it as soon as the rest of my family members arent using the server. I will get back to you with the results, but what you've said so far sound like a guarantee.  Thank you

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Problem solved! Thanks for the immediate help.

Hi @Squid

Fix common problems error: /boot/config/plugins/snapshots/subvolsch.cfg corrupted this is a json file for my Snapshot plugin.

root@unraid:~# cat  /boot/config/plugins/snapshots/subvolsch.cfg 
{
    "\/mnt\/cache\/testprod": [
        {
            "snapscheduleenabled": "yes",
            "snapSchedule": "1",
            "hour1": "19",
            "min": "15",
            "hour2": "*\/1",
            "snaplogging": "yes",
            "snapsend": "no",
            "remotehost": "",
            "snapincremental": "yes",
            "mastersnap": "",
            "hostoption": "suspend",
            "shutdowntimeout": "60",
            "Removal": "yes",
            "days": "",
            "occurences": "5",
            "snapsendopt": "local",
            "cron": "15 19 * * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,",
            "vmselection": "Ubuntu",
            "excd": null,
            "subvolprefix": "",
            "subvolsendto": "",
            "rund": "Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday"
        }
    ],
    "\/mnt\/cache\/testprod2": [
        {
            "snapscheduleenabled": "yes",
            "snapSchedule": "0",
            "hour1": "0",
            "min": "0",
            "hour2": "*\/1",
            "snaplogging": "yes",
            "snapsend": "no",
            "remotehost": "",
            "snapincremental": "yes",
            "mastersnap": "",
            "hostoption": "shutdown",
            "shutdowntimeout": "60",
            "Removal": "yes",
            "days": "2",
            "occurences": "0",
            "snapsendopt": "local",
            "cron": "0 *\/1 * * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,",
            "vmselection": "Mint2",
            "excd": null,
            "subvolprefix": "",
            "subvolsendto": "",
            "rund": "Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday"
        }
    ]
}root@unraid:~# 

I came here because I got this message... but... 1. I'm not actually using the plugin version of Plex anymore, and 2. I see nothing wrong in this file.

1789102750_Screenshotfrom2022-03-0123-28-56.thumb.png.ad66681caed509bd49314583e46b4596.png

File contents:

#[PMS Settings]
#START_CONFIGURATION
#Set autostart with array
ENABLED="false"
RUNAS="unraid-plex"
#Set home of Plex Media Server
PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_HOME="/usr/local/plexmediaserver"
#Set home for Plex metadata
PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR="/mnt/user/plex/Library"
#the number of plugins that can run at the same time
PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_PLUGIN_PROCS=6
#ulimit -s 
PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_STACK_SIZE=10000
#ulimit -l 
#PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_LOCK_MEM=3000
#ulimit -n 
PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_OPEN_FILES=4096
#where the mediaserver should store the transcodes
PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_TMPDIR="/tmp/plex"
#STOP_CONFIGURATION

• Like 1

Hi,
another noob but hopefully a simple one.

got a corrupt file error but all seems to be runnning ok. I have another flash drive if it needs swapping out but wondered if it was fixable?

FCP error =

/boot/config/AAAremaneddotsmart-one.cfg corrupted

File shows this info =

[ST4000VN008-2DR166_ZM40ND1S]
smEvents="5|187|197|198|199"
99"

not sure which other file to add from the diag folders?

(on 6.9.2)

TIA :)

2 hours ago, Loony said:

[ST4000VN008-2DR166_ZM40ND1S]
smEvents="5|187|197|198|199"
99"

That looks to be actually corrupted.

Not to mention that /boot/config/AAAremaneddotsmart-one.cfg isn't really the proper filename for that file in the first place.  Delete it

Great plugin, I ran the extended tests and it found a number of duplicate files on different array drives (probably from mistakenly cancelling an unbalance operation - would be great if the unbalance plugin really had a pop-up warning about duplicates left behind if you cancel, or just an option to clean-up the sources immediately after each move takes place rather than at the end, or leave a script behind you could run to clean-up leftovers automatically).

That said, is there any way to schedule an "extended test" to automatically run once a month as opposed to the standard test on a weekly basis?

The file old.network-rules.cfg is flagged as corrupted, it does not look corrupted to me.. I actually replaced my flashdrive after the notification (had a new one lying around and I had not taken the moment to do it), also after replacement a new scan gives the same error.. So its not corruption of the drive but something that is triggered on the content:

# PCI device 0x8086:0x1533 (igb)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="ac:1f:6b:94:71:62", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth3                                                      "

# PCI device 0x8086:0x1533 (igb)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="ac:1f:6b:94:71:63", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth1                                                      "

# PCI device 0x15b3:0x6750 (mlx4_core)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="00:02:c9:52:e9:60", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth2                                                      "

# PCI device 0x15b3:0x6750 (mlx4_core)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="00:02:c9:52:e9:61", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth4                                                      "

For the moment I will not worry about the message. Unless someone sees something wrong here ?