[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Hi,

When i run extended tests nothing happens, it says running but i do not get any status/messages, so i don't know if its done or just stopped.
If i start another window and check, it says no tests are running.

regards

// Hans

Edit:

this shows up in the log directly after starting extended test:

atd[426]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /lib64/libresolv.so.2)
Jul 12 04:59:08 Plexium atd[426]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_unix.so
Jul 12 04:59:08 Plexium atd[426]: Module is unknown

Edited by Hansa
Added the log entry after starting extended test:

With the increasing popularity of btrfs and zfs snapshots and snapshot replication, it is becoming difficult to maintain a directory structure that doesn't run afoul of FCPs extended test for duplicate file names.  This is especially true since FCP ignores the disk setting "Enable user share assignment".

I am proposing an enhancement to FCP, to include the capability to enter a list of paths for exclusion from the duplicate file name test.

Just brainstorming:
  A path beginning with /mnt would be drive specific.
  A path beginning with /, but not /mnt would apply to all drives, e.g. "/.snapshots".

An entry not beginning with /, ignore the folder contents anywhere, e.g. ".snapshots".

Edited by aim60
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Subject: Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network

I have recently moved my server to new hardware and gone from 2 NICS to 1 NIC. 

I now keep getting an error telling me I have Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network.

The help post told me to post a new entry in this topic.....

Full message:

Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network ----  eth0 and eth1 both have IP addresses on the 192.168.0.0 network. This is rarely a valid configuration.

Diagnostic download is attached. 

Many thanks in advance for your help

theentertainer-diagnostics-20220802-2251.zip

On 7/11/2022 at 6:52 AM, Hansa said:

Hi,

When i run extended tests nothing happens, it says running but i do not get any status/messages, so i don't know if its done or just stopped.
If i start another window and check, it says no tests are running.

regards

// Hans

Edit:

this shows up in the log directly after starting extended test:

atd[426]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /lib64/libresolv.so.2)
Jul 12 04:59:08 Plexium atd[426]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_unix.so
Jul 12 04:59:08 Plexium atd[426]: Module is unknown

If you are still seeing GLIBC errors in your log I would recommend a reboot. See https://forums.unraid.net/topic/112073-my-servers-releases/#comment-1154449

16 hours ago, Dustiebin said:

I have recently moved my server to new hardware and gone from 2 NICS to 1 NIC. 

I now keep getting an error telling me I have Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network.

The help post told me to post a new entry in this topic.....

There are still two nics specified in the config/network.cfg file on the flash drive. The system is using the first one (192.168.10.97) but I don't think there is a way to remove the second (192.168.0.102) one via the webgui.

The safest would be to delete the config/network.cfg file from the flash drive and reboot. The system will generate a new one automatically and give it a DHCP address. If you then want to go to Settings -> Network Settings and manually assign the desired IP you can.

Or... we don't usually recommend this, but you could try manually editing the config/network.cfg file and removing these lines from the end, then reboot:

IFNAME[1]="eth1"
DESCRIPTION[1]="HP Micro Eth 1"
PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[1]="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.0.102"
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"
SYSNICS="2"

If you run into any trouble rebooting, plug a keyboard/monitor directly into the server. You will be able to see the new IP address right before the login prompt. You can also login to the shell and run 'diagnostics' to place a new diagnostics.zip file on the flash drive.

6 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

There are still two nics specified in the config/network.cfg file on the flash drive. The system is using the first one (192.168.10.97) but I don't think there is a way to remove the second (192.168.0.102) one via the webgui.

The safest would be to delete the config/network.cfg file from the flash drive and reboot. The system will generate a new one automatically and give it a DHCP address. If you then want to go to Settings -> Network Settings and manually assign the desired IP you can.

Or... we don't usually recommend this, but you could try manually editing the config/network.cfg file and removing these lines from the end, then reboot:

IFNAME[1]="eth1"
DESCRIPTION[1]="HP Micro Eth 1"
PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[1]="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.0.102"
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"
SYSNICS="2"

If you run into any trouble rebooting, plug a keyboard/monitor directly into the server. You will be able to see the new IP address right before the login prompt. You can also login to the shell and run 'diagnostics' to place a new diagnostics.zip file on the flash drive.

I will check this later. Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Possible Flash Corruption: Your flash drive has possible corruption. Post your diagnostics in the forum for more assistance

I want to know why this prompt? 

ps: It seems that this prompt appears after upgrading from 6.9.1 to 6.10.3, 

Not sure if it was affected by the upgrade, I want to know if my flash drive is damaged at all. (Only used SanDisk for a month)

On 8/13/2022 at 4:04 AM, Shehan said:

Since few days FCP is giving the error "Possible Flash CorruptionYour flash drive has possible corruption. Post your diagnostics in the forum for more assistance"

what should I do ?

sapphire-diagnostics-20220813-0832.zip 241.76 kB · 3 downloads

Your Go file indicates a non-genuine license. Perhaps try here:

https://unraid.net/buy-genuine-license

Aug  7 04:30:05 DLVTOWER root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt

At some point you had a cache pool named "cache".  You then changed it to instead be docker_nvme and download_nvme

But at the time you removed that original pool and added the 2 new ones, you didn't change one (or more) of the docker templates that were referencing /mnt/cache/....

You need to change the templates (hit edit on all of the apps) to reference the new pool.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, JorgeB said:

Device is dropping offline, this is usually a power/connection problem, suggest replacing/swapping both cables, power and SATA.

Hi everyone, I've swapped all the power and data cables on my SSDs but I keep getting errors causing the server to crash around every 14 days or so. Most recently, my Dockers failed with a 'Server error 403' message. I've attached the diagnostics file from that moment. I can resolve this by shutting down, jiggling the SATA cables at their connection to the motherboard and restarting. Is it possible that my motherboard SATA connections are loose? if so, how do I confirm this before buying a new motherboard? 

bigdaddy-diagnostics-20220817-1930.zip

Hello, just updateto the lastest unraid6.11.0-rc3 Now the plex server is broken. I have a link or share in unassigned device with the plexe data. Only problem is that unraid doesnt see my files on it. It doesnt need all the videos either.  It know that 2TB has been used and there is 1.4TB free but I cant see any of the files . "

Due to how Docker works, if you have an disk or share being mounted by Unassigned Devices and that device or share is being passed through to a docker container under certain circumstances the docker app may not always see the files present within it.

The solution here is to edit the docker app in question, and next to the path that you're mapping to the container hit EDIT.  On the popup window that appears, for the access mode select one of the Slave access modes

" I do not understand what I need to do when is says"for the access mode select one of the Slave access modes"

so I dont know what I need to do if that will fix the problem.  I get this error "

This site can’t be reached

10.0.0.17 refused to connect.

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

any help wouuld be great!

kraken-diagnostics-20220820-2101.zip

33 minutes ago, diehard2k9 said:

I do not understand what I need to do when is says"for the access mode select one of the Slave access modes

Go to the docker tab and click the name of your plex docker. This will open the configuration window. Click the edit button for the path associated with the UD device and you will see a popup window similar to this-

18672744_ScreenShot2022-08-20at9_39_12PM.thumb.png.c731fd2903ef60fda31483b46b7d761b.png

Set the access mode to Read/Write - Slave and click "Save".

Edited by wgstarks
auto correct sucks
10 hours ago, randommonth said:

I've swapped all the power and data cables on my SSDs but I keep getting errors causing the server to crash around every 14 days or so

It's still dropping offline:

Aug 16 10:56:06 BIGDADDY kernel: ata1: hard resetting link
Aug 16 10:56:12 BIGDADDY kernel: ata1: COMRESET failed (errno=-16)
Aug 16 10:56:12 BIGDADDY kernel: ata1: reset failed, giving up
Aug 16 10:56:12 BIGDADDY kernel: ata1.00: disabled
Aug 16 10:56:12 BIGDADDY kernel: ata1: EH complete

If you already replaced both cables try a different SATA port.

21 hours ago, deadnote said:

Hi

If someone can tell me what is wrong, Fix Common Problems tells me "/var/log is getting full (currently 70 % used)Either your server has an extremely long uptime, or your syslog could be potentially being spammed with error messages."

I run Unraid 6.9.2, uptime 2 months

Diagnostics attached

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20220820-1831.zip 180.25 kB · 3 downloads

Its your docker log that's spamming /var/log with something.  Unfortunately it appears that diagnostics doesn't include the rotated docker log files, some can't tell what's up with it.  You'll have to reboot, wait an hour or two and then post a new set of diagnostics

On 8/20/2022 at 9:44 PM, wgstarks said:

Go to the docker tab and click the name of your plex docker. This will open the configuration window. Click the edit button for the path associated with the UD device and you will see a popup window similar to this-

18672744_ScreenShot2022-08-20at9_39_12PM.thumb.png.c731fd2903ef60fda31483b46b7d761b.png

Set the access mode to Read/Write - Slave and click "Save".

Hello, Yeah I found and understand what I needed to do but that didnt fix my problem!  I still cant see what on the drive so my plex server still isnt working. When conneccted threw the network all my file are not displaying. But unraid main page see the drive and that I have used up 2.4TB and have 1.5Tb free but under the unassign devices no files are showing up