^^^ @ljm42

IFNAME[2]="eth2"
DESCRIPTION[2]="10 Gb Aquantia (Asus XG-C100C)"
PROTOCOL[2]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[2]="no"
IPADDR[2]="192.168.10.15"
NETMASK[2]="255.255.255.0"
MTU[2]="9000"

Yeah, thanks! That seems to be the problem.  I found it now, in a network.cfg file in the Diagnostics zip. Didn't know where to look....

But if that's the problem, how to fix it, should i delete some lines? But where is the live network config file?

Found it on the boot device in config directory, but I can only seem to download that file, not edit it...

Remove the usb device from the unraid box and edit it on a standalone pc? Will that not wreck the install?

EDIT: removed the lines mentioned from terminal. seems to have solved the issue;-) Thanks for pointing out the direction!

Edited by rich1m94

@rich1m94 Somehow you have a configuration for a 2nd NIC. Perhaps you used to have the hardware and removed it? In any case, Unraid does not remove the lines for the phantom NIC automatically, so manually removing them and rebooting is a good solution. Or you can delete the file entirely and reboot, Unraid will recreate it in that case.

@Squid I'm not sure what you are suggesting? Having details for a missing NIC in the config will confuse various scripts in Unraid (like it confuses this test), so removing them is good. If this test makes users aware of the issue I'd say it is doing its job. Is there something else you think it should do?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, beantje said:

Rootfs file is getting full (currently 100 % used)

i think i messed up, but can't find where

Any path that is not on mounted storage is in rootfs. A common mistake is an incorrect docker host path.

You also have 100G docker.img which is several time larger than you should need. If you have been filling that too you probably have some docker writing to a path that isn't mapped to host storage.

How many dockers do you have?

Greetings, I just upgraded to 6.10.3, and then began an XFS conversion.

Using rsync to mirror my disks (per https://wiki.unraid.net/File_System_Conversion#Mirroring_procedure_to_convert_drives), I've finished the first swap, started the array, and encountered two issues. First a FCP error: Share disk1 is identically named to a disk shareand secondly I noticed that files were missing from a directory of TV shows.

I suspect the issues may be related, and wanted to check in here before munging anything up further.  Please advise how I should proceed?

Edited by dingos8
Problem resolved
5 hours ago, dingos8 said:

First a FCP error: Share disk1 is identically named to a disk shareand secondly I noticed that files were missing from a directory of TV shows.

Sounds like you misplaced a / in the rsync command.

Install the file manager plugin, and browse to the target disk of your last operation, and you will find a folder named disk1. Inside that folder will be all your shares, you need to move them to the root of that disk instead of being in the disk1 folder.

• Thanks 1
On 8/25/2022 at 5:05 PM, JorgeB said:

Swap cables between both SSDs, if the Crucial keeps dropping replace it.

Hey @JorgeB, I followed your suggestion about the BTRFS monitoring script and started scrubbing the cache every day, which appears to have worked for a few weeks, but then my cache failed again at the same time as usual (4:40am). I know you suggested it was the Crucial drive that was the issue previously, but when I rebooted this morning, it was the ADATA drive that failed to be recognised. I swapped the cables between the SSDs and rebooted and everything started up ok. Could you confirm if the diagnostics identify the culprit here? Also, why is it always happening at the same time of day?

Thanks!!

bigdaddy-diagnostics-20220912-0731.zip

9 hours ago, randommonth said:

it was the ADATA drive that failed to be recognised. I swapped the cables between the SSDs and rebooted and everything started up ok. Could you confirm if the diagnostics identify the culprit here?

Did you replace the cables before this like I suggested or not? If yes it suggests a cable problem, if not it might be a power issue, do the SSDs share for example a power splitter?

58 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Did you replace the cables before this like I suggested or not? If yes it suggests a cable problem, if not it might be a power issue, do the SSDs share for example a power splitter?

I don't think I swapped the cables before this, and yes the SSDs are powered by a sata power splitter, similar to this one - https://www.centrecom.com.au/8ware-sata-power-splitter-cable-15cm-1-x-15-pin-2-x-15-pin-male-to-female?gclid=CjwKCAjwsfuYBhAZEiwA5a6CDIfGyv1DRoInRPz151Wt6xyYMQgQZnE1B5W9u2sJEJPX4KhpttIsDhoClFIQAvD_BwE

• 2 weeks later...

I am unable to figure out how to fix this:

"Unable to communicate with GitHub.com" - "Reset your modem / router or try again later, or set your  to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Also make sure that you have a Gateway address set up (Your Routers IP address). Additionally, this may also mean that GitHub is currently down. This error means that you may not be able to update your OS or plugins  More Information"

Over the weekend i swapped my router for a nighthawk R6700 running DD-WRT V3.0. I think the issue seems to be improper DNS settings. I have pihole running on 10.0.0.253. Pihole works. But any docker container is unable to communicate with github. Any advice is much appreciated. I've tried a number of options including the image below with static DNS 2, 3 blank to no avail.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

msd-unraid-diagnostics-20220926-0755.zip

Edited by Sickdove
On 9/26/2022 at 9:44 AM, Sickdove said:

"Unable to communicate with GitHub.com" - "Reset your modem / router or try again later, or set your  to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Also make sure that you have a Gateway address set up (Your Routers IP address). Additionally, this may also mean that GitHub is currently down. This error means that you may not be able to update your OS or plugins  More Information"

Over the weekend i swapped my router for a nighthawk R6700 running DD-WRT V3.0. I think the issue seems to be improper DNS settings. I have pihole running on 10.0.0.253. Pihole works. But any docker container is unable to communicate with github. Any advice is much appreciated. I've tried a number of options including the image below with static DNS 2, 3 blank to no avail.

Go to Settings -> Network Settings and set the DNS server to a known good public server that does not block anything, 8.8.8.8 is typically a good choice. Do not add your router or pihole to the list.

Once everything is working if you want to complicate things by adding pihole or another blocking DNS provider (OpenDNS) you can, just know that any problems are related to that change.

7 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Go to Settings -> Network Settings and set the DNS server to a known good public server that does not block anything, 8.8.8.8 is typically a good choice. Do not add your router or pihole to the list.

Once everything is working if you want to complicate things by adding pihole or another blocking DNS provider (OpenDNS) you can, just know that any problems are related to that change.

Read the post. Google DNS servers nor opendns servers are working. Stopping pihole and removing it's DNS address doesnt do anything better. 

7 hours ago, Sickdove said:

Read the post. Google DNS servers nor opendns servers are working. Stopping pihole and removing it's DNS address doesnt do anything better. 

@ljm42 was asking for you to bypass piHole and your router's DNS and set the DNS directly within the OS (Settings - Network Settings)  Did you try that?

11 hours ago, Squid said:

@ljm42 was asking for you to bypass piHole and your router's DNS and set the DNS directly within the OS (Settings - Network Settings)  Did you try that?

I have. I've tried pihole stopped. Static DNS 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and also opendns servers. Ive updated DD-WRT to latest firmware. It's got to be a setting somewhere I cannot see. I am attaching newest diagnostic file whereas I went back to pihole running and using it's ip for DNS. I'll revert back in a few hours to pihole off and google DNS so to not disrupt internet access to other users in peak hours. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

msd-unraid-diagnostics-20220928-1011.zip

Edited by Sickdove
Typo.

I recently started getting the error

"Share " " contains only spaces which is illegal Windows systems."

and the button to "Ignore error" is not responding when i click on it. tried in both edge and firefox

and to be clear the share is created with alt+0160, not spaces, so windows does not have an issue with it. Not sure if you are able to differentiate that in the plugin.

Edited by MammothJerk

Just started receiving the error:

Out Of Memory errors detected on your server

After my upgrade to 6.11.0.  Anyone know of any issues with the upgrade that would seem to cause memory issues?  I've attached diags.  Could have something to do with smdb max open files being reached.  Haven't really been performing anything on the server since the upgrade.

Thanks.

homeunraid-diagnostics-20220929-2220.zip

Hi, assistance please….

I must’ve had a missed placed slash when doing the rsync step in the xfs conversion process which I’m in the middle of right now…. but I noticed my disk6 (first xfs converted disk) has a folder in the root directory named “disk6”, which of course is incorrect - may I just move everything from this disk6 directory into the parent root using the move command from an sh prompt (my), or do I need to use something like Krusader? I certainly want to continue to preserve parity.. thank you!

Hi, additional assistance please….

I have been following along with the File System Conversion doc to convert some of my drives from ReiserFS to XFS, and so far so good…

My last drive to convert is my cache drive. It is relatively small (1TB) compared with my  array disks1-6.. since the standard procedure includes swapping drives, I don’t want to end up with a big disk in the cache position and the small 1TB drive in the disk 1-6 position.. there is very little data on my cache drive, probably old VM images, etc. that I don’t even want/need anymore..

Please tell me the best way to continue…? I’d like to keep the 1TB drive as my cache drive…

Thank you!,

Reuben