[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

This plugin is reporting many warnings on my Unraid server, but they are all Docker container updates. I can ignore them individually, but that only ignores the one specific Docker container, and warnings are still generated for other Docker containers. I would prefer not to receive any warnings for Docker container updates. Is there a way to disable this entire category of warning?

On 10/26/2022 at 5:44 AM, AndreBotha said:

Good Morning. I found that my system is reporting "/var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)". My server has only been up for 1 day & 8 hours. Attached are the diagnostics. I do not know where to start?

datavault-diagnostics-20221026-0514.zip 284.71 kB · 2 downloads

Good Morning

the error message still appears /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used).

datavault-diagnostics-20221029-0457.zip

24 minutes ago, AndreBotha said:

Good Morning

the error message still appears /var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used).

datavault-diagnostics-20221029-0457.zip 269.89 kB · 0 downloads

Progress, I just again noticed an update needed for recycle bin to 26a, after I've deleted it and re-installed it earlier in the week's response. Looks like I should put Recycle bin in the Recycle Bin :)

So, I've been running unraid for about a week now and I keep getting random restarts and I think they are related to the issue spotted Fix Common Problems. I'm not sure what the error means or how to tell exactly what is causing the restarts. It says to install mcelog from nerdtools, but nerd tools does not have mcelog at this time. If anyone could take a look and give me a little help I would greatly appreciate it. 

Also, here are the couple lines of the mce error from the system logs

Nov  2 00:47:14 mserver22 kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 4: Machine Check: 0 Bank 5: bea0000000000108
Nov  2 00:47:14 mserver22 kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR 1ffff817f06ea MISC d012000100000000 SYND 4d000000 IPID 500b000000000 
Nov  2 00:47:14 mserver22 kernel: Btrfs loaded, crc32c=crc32c-generic, zoned=no, fsverity=no
Nov  2 00:47:14 mserver22 kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 2:800f11 TIME 1667364397 SOCKET 0 APIC a microcode 8001138

mserver22-diagnostics-20221103-0004.zip

Edited by schmitty9878
On 11/9/2022 at 9:25 AM, maxcompg said:

Machine Check Events detected on your server

Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the Unraid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged  More Information

The NerdPack plugin is dead. Is there another option?

There is a a new nerdtools plugin you can try out, similar functionality with an active maintainer - just be on latest OS to install

On 11/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, kenig said:

Hi! I get the following error:

Multiple NICs on the same IPv4 network

eth1 and eth2 both have IP addresses on the 192.168.11.0 network. This is rarely a valid configuration.

I don't have eth2. Can someone help me getting rid of this problem?

Thx

Edit the config/network.cfg file on your flash drive and make the deletions/changes noted below. Then reboot and you should be good.

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="br0"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="yes"
DNS_SERVER1="8.8.8.8"
DNS_SERVER2="8.8.4.4"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
BRNAME[0]="br0"
BRNICS[0]="eth0"
BRSTP[0]="no"
BRFD[0]="0"
DESCRIPTION[0]="1GB "
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="yes"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
IFNAME[1]="br1"
BRNAME[1]="br1"
BRNICS[1]="eth1"
BRSTP[1]="no"
BRFD[1]="0"
DESCRIPTION[1]="10GB Ethernet"
PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[1]="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.11.10"
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"
IFNAME[2]="eth2"              <<< delete this line
PROTOCOL[2]="ipv4"            <<< delete this line
USE_DHCP[2]="no"              <<< delete this line
IPADDR[2]="192.168.11.10"     <<< delete this line
NETMASK[2]="255.255.255.0"    <<< delete this line
SYSNICS="3"                   <<< change this from "3" to "2"

On 11/11/2022 at 11:14 PM, s449 said:

Minor issue, but apparently I hit ignore on this warning a long while ago but the "MONITOR WARNING / ERROR" button doesn't work. Clicking on it does nothing. It's been like this for maybe a year, just never bothered looking into fixing it yet.

image.thumb.png.2c50228cadf51efff2f4b7849cf4601d.png

fixed

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys, 

Been meaning to post this for a while.

I can't figure out where it's getting this share from?  I dont recall even ever creating a share called root.  

Reserved user share boot You have a share named boot. Since 6.9.0, this is now a reserved name and cannot be used as a share. You will need to rename this share at the command prompt for the system to work properly. See HERE  More Information

diag logs attached

thanks

beast-diagnostics-20221118-1516.zip

@Squid

1.) This is the third time, that one of my customers disabled syslog mirror to USB, because your plugin says its a bad setting. And even one customer, where I set the notification to "ignore", he disabled it, because "there was an error in the list". Is this check really needed?

2.)  I like to see a new check which reports syslog entries with the word "Tainted". Those are critical kernel errors, which happen if the RAM or Storage has problems.

1 hour ago, mgutt said:

1.) This is the third time, that one of my customers disabled syslog mirror to USB, because your plugin says its a bad setting. And even one customer, where I set the notification to "ignore", he disabled it, because "there was an error in the list". Is this check really needed?

There's nothing wrong with enabling the syslog server mirror to flash.  The message warning that appears is 

The syslog is currently mirrored to the flashdrive.  This option should only be used for troubleshooting, and extended use of this option may fill up your flash drive, increase the number of writes to it etc.  It should be disabled if you are not actively troubleshooting an issue with your server.

Which is 100% correct

1 hour ago, mgutt said:

I like to see a new check which reports syslog entries with the word "Tainted". Those are critical kernel errors, which happen if the RAM or Storage has problems

Everything in Unraid, especially once you get to VMs is "tainted"  They aren't errors per se, but rather a flag / note to the kernel maintainers that the particular module / executable etc isn't the "stock" module that comes with the base kernel but has been modified.  The maintainers will see this if you are ever submitting to them a bug report etc and then choose whether or not to help you because the coding has been modified.

A tainted kernel is one that is in an unsupported state because it cannot be guaranteed to function correctly. Most kernel developers will ignore bug reports involving tainted kernels, and community members may ask that you correct the tainting condition before they can proceed with diagnosing problems related to the kernel. In addition, some debugging functionality and API calls may be disabled when the kernel is tainted.

In other words, it is not an error at all in the Unraid world and is expected.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, smartkid808 said:

I can't figure out where it's getting this share from?  I dont recall even ever creating a share called root.  

Either you're running a script which is creating a share named boot (/mnt/user/boot) or a path mapping on one of your docker containers has a path mapping of /mnt/user/boot

Whenever that script runs or the container starts it will recreate it