[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Everything in Unraid, especially once you get to VMs is "tainted"  They aren't errors per se,

I never saw such non-error messages by now and I checked many user logs in the last months. How does it look like?

Which is 100% correct

Yes mirroring an infinite amount of logs is not a good idea, but this is because Unraid is not using logrotate for this setting. Everything which can kill a system is not a good design choice at all.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

Either you're running a script which is creating a share named boot (/mnt/user/boot) or a path mapping on one of your docker containers has a path mapping of /mnt/user/boot

Whenever that script runs or the container starts it will recreate it

Thanks I did check the docker paths to make sure, as well as the shares tab.  dont see anything referring to boot.  Ive had it for a long time.  

Not sure if it helps, but when I run 'smbclient -L localhost'  it doesnt list it

Is there a way to find where the share is located so I can disable it?

Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        3D Printing     Disk      
        Apps            Disk      Applications
        Backups         Disk      Backups
        Games           Disk      Games
        HI***     Disk      
        Home            Disk      Home Directories
        Music           Disk      
        Pictures        Disk      
        Public          Disk      Public
        Scratch         Disk      Scatch SSD
        T***     Disk      
        V***           Disk  
        V***     Disk      
        appdata         Disk      
        clients         Disk      
        docker          Disk      
        eBooks          Disk      
        isos            Disk      ISO images
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Media server)

6 minutes ago, Squid said:
ls -ail /mnt/user

It'll be listed.

Thanks, I see it.

653866390226207098 drwxrwxrwx   1 nobody   users        4096 Dec 31  1969 boot/

looks like its looking at the boot flash drive.  I looked at the flash settings, and it had flash as the smb share, which i disabled as I dont need it shared. 

is it safe to delete from /mnt/user? I assume that will delete it from the flash drive.  I am assuming there is a link somewhere to it/

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Something (odds on a container) is creating it.  There are no symlinks or anything that puts boot into a user share.  The date however is weird.  You can always browse through the share via the shares tab to see whats in there.

Thanks. I will double check all the docker containers again.  I do not have 'boot' in the shares tab.  When I go to command line, and go to /mnt/user/boot. it looks like it lists whats on the flash drive. I will had to recheck and look at both to verify as I just quickly glanced.  Modified dates were recent.  Really appreciate your help. 

I have a suggestion for Fix common problems upgrade assistant. I read in another thread somewhere that there's a XFS programs update or similar between 6.9.x and 6.10/11.x, which caused some folks arrays not to mount due to some minor forms of corruption. I wonder if a XFS check could be run across array drives by upgrade assistant (or even just by fix common problems) to make sure this isn't an issue.

17 hours ago, CaptainMorganCrunch said:

I would suggest ignoring the Jumbo frames MTU issue if the NIC is 10Gbps and not eth0. I would think its a pretty common use case to have a gigabit NIC for Internet access and 10Gbit for local LAN network.

Fix Common Problems attemps to highlight common problems that trip people up. It is true that there can be valid setups for jumbo frames, but there is no way for FCP to validate you have properly setup every device on the second network to work with jumbo frames. So we issue a warning and if you are sure you have things setup correctly you can just click ignore.

In general though, we recommend avoiding jumbo frames:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/120220-fix-common-problems-more-information/page/2/#comment-1167702

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error?  It showed up after I had to do a hard restart due to my server becoming unresponsive during a parity check (seperate issue).

/boot/config/shares/appdata.cfg corrupted  -  Your flash drive has possible corruption on /boot/config/shares/appdata.cfg. Post your diagnostics in the forum for more assistance 

arptimbers-diagnostics-20221127-0743.zip

Possible Hack Attempt on Nov 21    On Nov 21 there were 61 invalid login attempts. This could either be yourself attempting to login to your server (SSH / Telnet) with the wrong user or password, or you could be actively be the victim of hack attacks. A common cause of this would be placing your server within your routers DMZ, or improperly forwarding ports.
This is a major issue and needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY
NOTE: Because this check is done against the logged entries in the syslog, the only way to clear it is to either increase the number of allowed invalid logins per day (if determined that it is not a hack attempt) or to reset your server. It is not recommended under any circumstance to ignore this error  More Information    

i do not allow access to my server from the outside so i am not sure how this is happening. i have been running unraid for a few years and have had little to no issues with it which is good because i am not overly compitent with it. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks Desiel

plexserver-diagnostics-20221128-0921.zip

8 hours ago, desiel said:

i do not allow access to my server from the outside so i am not sure how this is happening. i have been running unraid for a few years and have had little to no issues with it which is good because i am not overly compitent with it. Any suggestions would be great.

thanks Desie

Nov 21 16:43:47 plexserver sshd[20945]: Connection from 192.168.1.71 port 52849 on 192.168.1.76 port 22 rdomain ""
Nov 21 16:43:47 plexserver sshd[20945]: Invalid user admin from 192.168.1.71 port 52849

There're all from your local network.  What is that IP address?

12 hours ago, Squid said:
Nov 21 16:43:47 plexserver sshd[20945]: Connection from 192.168.1.71 port 52849 on 192.168.1.76 port 22 rdomain ""
Nov 21 16:43:47 plexserver sshd[20945]: Invalid user admin from 192.168.1.71 port 52849

There're all from your local network.  What is that IP address?

its my desk top. i also found out my grand child was on the computer so i am just guessing but i think i know the issue. thanks for having a look.

desiel