[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

I just installed this plugin on a system tonight (5 minutes ago) on a 6.1.9 unraid and I'm getting the following error displayed on the page after it scans:

"Time of last scan: *

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fixDescription() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/helpers.php on line 273"

FCE.PNG.71ba45d3df30cad22811e553a4718eee.PNG

Just to shed some more light on the various DOCKER webUI setting.

It makes me wish there was a setting for all the dockers to enable SSL or not. That way the "http" / "https" would be specified more as:  [PROTOCOL]://[iP]:[PORT]/ instead of HTTP:[iP]:[PORT]/

This is from my NzbGet docker, where I enabled SSL and wanted to default the port to SSL instead of insecure HTTP:

The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:6789]/ and the webUI you are using is https://[iP]:[PORT:6791]/. If you are specifying an absolute port (IE: PORT:xxxx is missing from your specified webUI address, then you will have issues should you ever have to change the host port on the docker applications's settings. In the same vein, specifying an absolute IP address in the webUI will cause issues should your server's IP address ever change. Note that the PORT:xxxx refers to the Container's port, not the host port. There may however be perfectly valid reasons to change the default webUI entry on the application

Just to shed some more light on the various DOCKER webUI setting.

It makes me wish there was a setting for all the dockers to enable SSL or not. That way the "http" / "https" would be specified more as:  [PROTOCOL]://[iP]:[PORT]/ instead of HTTP:[iP]:[PORT]/

This is from my NzbGet docker, where I enabled SSL and wanted to default the port to SSL instead of insecure HTTP:

The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:6789]/ and the webUI you are using is https://[iP]:[PORT:6791]/. If you are specifying an absolute port (IE: PORT:xxxx is missing from your specified webUI address, then you will have issues should you ever have to change the host port on the docker applications's settings. In the same vein, specifying an absolute IP address in the webUI will cause issues should your server's IP address ever change. Note that the PORT:xxxx refers to the Container's port, not the host port. There may however be perfectly valid reasons to change the default webUI entry on the application

No tool such as this will ever be able to handle all the circumstances 100% ( I'm shooting for a false positive rate of < 2-3% ) correctly that it may come across.  When I know that there may be valid reasons for the stuff it catches, I usually state that in the suggested fix.

Like anything else in this plugin, if you know that the error / warning is incorrect for your particular circumstances, then just add it to the ignore list.  The entry will still get logged into the syslog when the background checks runs (so that if a user ignores something that they just don't want to deal with and then asks for help, anyone on the forum can see what this plugin found), but you will not receive notifications for it.  (God forbid I ever publicly post my diagnostics online -> metric ton of errors from FCP in it just from me testing this thing...  Will give anyone a heart attack trying to help me with any particular issue I might have  8) )

Sorry, another false positive on my system, no idea why since it doesn't seem possible it could be connected in any way to User Shares, and others aren't reporting it.

Last night, I received a notification (an 'Error') that 'Fix Common Problems' was out of date, marked as an 'Error' which seemed a little excessive.  I have the update checks for it marked to be 'Ignored'.  I also received a notification of "Version update 2016.05.23c" for 'Fix Common Problems', no problem with that as I was currently on 2016.05.22.  So after reading the related posts this morning, I updated to the latest, 2016.05.23c and retested and it still reports the error, that I need to update.  I've retried 3 times, no way to update further, and it still insists it's not up to date, see attached screens.

Minor suggestion, add the version info next to the plugin title on top, perhaps in parens.

ScreenPic-fix_common_problems_fp_error.jpg.a2a7772107a950c564c937e10cf1889f.jpg

ScreenPic-fix_common_problems_version.jpg.c1aab330ca25a64588dd3fee6f7920f8.jpg

Sorry, another false positive on my system, no idea why since it doesn't seem possible it could be connected in any way to User Shares, and others aren't reporting it.

Last night, I received a notification (an 'Error') that 'Fix Common Problems' was out of date, marked as an 'Error' which seemed a little excessive.  I have the update checks for it marked to be 'Ignored'.  I also received a notification of "Version update 2016.05.23c" for 'Fix Common Problems', no problem with that as I was currently on 2016.05.22.  So after reading the related posts this morning, I updated to the latest, 2016.05.23c and retested and it still reports the error, that I need to update.  I've retried 3 times, no way to update further, and it still insists it's not up to date, see attached screens.

Minor suggestion, add the version info next to the plugin title on top, perhaps in parens.

Did you rescan?  Other than that I cannot replicate.  All its doing is checking to see if dynamix thinks there's an update available

Also, to downgrade it to a warning: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48972.msg470697#msg470697

Did you rescan?  Other than that I cannot replicate.  All its doing is checking to see if dynamix thinks there's an update available

Also, to downgrade it to a warning: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48972.msg470697#msg470697

I had rescanned several times, but tried once more, went back to the Main page, then back to the plugin, and no change.  Went back to the Main page, spun up all drives for a more complete scan, but again no change.  Rebooted and this time the error was gone.  So it *appeared* to be fixed after reboot.  BUT ...

I decided to click the 'Ignore' button for the other 2 update warnings, and they appear to work, except they don't stick, nothing changes, they aren't apparently being ignored, and the Ignore button is still there.  So I'm wondering if this and the first issue are another case of client-side weirdness we occasionally have with the webGui, where setting changes don't stick.  I use Firefox.  I used to have that issue with slot count changes, and would have to switch to Chrome to make slot changes that would stay changed.  Others have reported the opposite, wouldn't stick in Chrome, but worked in Firefox.

So I just tried Chrome, and it's behaving the same way.  I click an Ignore button, get the confirmation dialog box, click the OK button, click OK a second time, then it reverts to the same screen with both Ignore buttons.

Noticed that 'Fix Common Problems' does a scan on boot, with syslog entries.  There are no syslog entries since boot though, is that possibly an indication that the scan wasn't really running, since this last boot?  It supposedly did scans on both Firefox and Chrome.  And it has been reporting the adblocker.

Am getting the following warning:  **** Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share ****

Default appdata storage location:  /mnt/cache/system/docker/

/mnt/cache/system is a cache only share

docker - contains all my docker related setups

libvirt - contains all my vm related setups

this is on a SSD cache pool

Myk

I had rescanned several times, but tried once more, went back to the Main page, then back to the plugin, and no change.  Went back to the Main page, spun up all drives for a more complete scan, but again no change.  Rebooted and this time the error was gone.  So it *appeared* to be fixed after reboot.  BUT ...

I decided to click the 'Ignore' button for the other 2 update warnings, and they appear to work, except they don't stick, nothing changes, they aren't apparently being ignored, and the Ignore button is still there.  So I'm wondering if this and the first issue are another case of client-side weirdness we occasionally have with the webGui, where setting changes don't stick.  I use Firefox.  I used to have that issue with slot count changes, and would have to switch to Chrome to make slot changes that would stay changed.  Others have reported the opposite, wouldn't stick in Chrome, but worked in Firefox.

So I just tried Chrome, and it's behaving the same way.  I click an Ignore button, get the confirmation dialog box, click the OK button, click OK a second time, then it reverts to the same screen with both Ignore buttons.

Noticed that 'Fix Common Problems' does a scan on boot, with syslog entries.  There are no syslog entries since boot though, is that possibly an indication that the scan wasn't really running, since this last boot?  It supposedly did scans on both Firefox and Chrome.  And it has been reporting the adblocker.

It doesn't move anything to the ignore list until a new scan.  What happens if you whitelist the server with the adblocker

When you rescan, does the date & time of the scan change?

What happens if you whitelist the server with the adblocker?

I had tried that, to see if it would make a difference, no change.

I just started Firefox (no reboot), pulled up the Main page, checked the log and noticed syslog entries for 'Fix Common Problems' at 4:40am.  Started the plugin and for the first time it says "No errors found" and "No Warnings found", plus it says "Time of last scan: Wednesday May 25th 4:40 AM", which was the Daily scan this morning and not a scan of this instant!  I had been assuming it always does a scan when I start the plugin, that's what it used to do, and it doesn't look different.  But now I've just discovered there's a new Rescan button, never saw it before!  So I guess it has not been re-scanning, just showing the result of the last scan.  I must have missed that change.  Would it be more intuitive if it didn't show the last scan, just showed the settings and a big <Scan> button, which you could click when ready, and click again after changing settings.

What happens if you whitelist the server with the adblocker?

I had tried that, to see if it would make a difference, no change.

I just started Firefox (no reboot), pulled up the Main page, checked the log and noticed syslog entries for 'Fix Common Problems' at 4:40am.  Started the plugin and for the first time it says "No errors found" and "No Warnings found", plus it says "Time of last scan: Wednesday May 25th 4:40 AM", which was the Daily scan this morning and not a scan of this instant!  I had been assuming it always does a scan when I start the plugin, that's what it used to do, and it doesn't look different.  But now I've just discovered there's a new Rescan button, never saw it before!  So I guess it has not been re-scanning, just showing the result of the last scan.  I must have missed that change.  Would it be more intuitive if it didn't show the last scan, just showed the settings and a big <Scan> button, which you could click when ready, and click again after changing settings.

Yeah, it was originally scanning each time, but buddy pointed out here that it was a PITA because everytime you fixed something and then went back to look at the next problem it scanned again.

So last update it changed to not scan upon entering if the previous results had errors / warnings / other.  If the prior results were 100% clean then it does another scan automatically

This plugin won't install from China.  Github must be blocked.  Any other way to install it?

Same problem you would have with any other plugin.

3 options

#1. Move

#2. Use some sort of vpn or whatever to bypass the great firewall

#3. pm me an email address, and I can get it manually installed.  It will fail a test or two which you can ignore

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I can get it manually installed.  It will fail a test or two which you can ignore

Fail like this?

plugin: installing: C:\Users\CapnSasha\Downloads\fix.common.problems.plg

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 213
plugin: xml parse error

No. That's a plugin install fail.  Once you get it installed by manually downloading installing then it would wind up failing the connectivity test since that tries to ping github

* I actually expect a ton of people to be hit by this warning

The way that the webUI entry should be formatted on the add / edit docker container screen should be similar to this:

http://[iP]:[PORT:80]/

What this does is tell unRaid to substitute the appropriate IP address and host port that is mapped to the container's port 80 and use that as the webUI entry.

What many people do is instead change the entry to be something like this:

http://[iP]:8080/ or http://192.168.1.181:8080/

Both of those examples above (while they may work under your current network setup) are incorrect

The first will fail if you ever have to change the host port on the application, whereas the second will fail if your IP address changes (and you also have to change the host port)  (In a nutshell, I am assuming that what the author put into the template is correct and if you've changed it then you're wrong)

However, there may be some valid reasons you have to have changed the webUI setting - hence why it's a warning.

Confused member of the "ton of people" group reporting in from 6.2.0-beta21, getting a warning about my gfjardim/crashplan docker webUI that I might be too blind to make sense of :)

The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280] and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280].

Additionally  I get a warning for using the built in FTP server (as expected). The server is not exposed to the outside world, no ports forwarded/DMZ, so I want to ignore the warning but unfortunately I can't figure out how to do that. Pushing the "Ignore Warning" button won't do anything at all for the FTP server warning, neither in Safari nor in Chrome.

The corresponding button for the Docker warning on the other hand brings up an "Ignore Error?" dialogue, so at least some ignore buttons react :)

Screen_Shot_2016-05-26_at_15_44_02.png.030118281ed85a512ff9d95757750c93.png

* I actually expect a ton of people to be hit by this warning

The way that the webUI entry should be formatted on the add / edit docker container screen should be similar to this:

http://[iP]:[PORT:80]/

What this does is tell unRaid to substitute the appropriate IP address and host port that is mapped to the container's port 80 and use that as the webUI entry.

What many people do is instead change the entry to be something like this:

http://[iP]:8080/ or http://192.168.1.181:8080/

Both of those examples above (while they may work under your current network setup) are incorrect

The first will fail if you ever have to change the host port on the application, whereas the second will fail if your IP address changes (and you also have to change the host port)  (In a nutshell, I am assuming that what the author put into the template is correct and if you've changed it then you're wrong)

However, there may be some valid reasons you have to have changed the webUI setting - hence why it's a warning.

Confused member of the "ton of people" group reporting in from 6.2.0-beta21, getting a warning about my gfjardim/crashplan docker webUI that I might be too blind to make sense of :)

The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280] and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280].

Additionally  I get a warning for using the built in FTP server (as expected). The server is not exposed to the outside world, no ports forwarded/DMZ, so I want to ignore the warning but unfortunately I can't figure out how to do that. Pushing the "Ignore Warning" button won't do anything at all for the FTP server warning, neither in Safari nor in Chrome.

The corresponding button for the Docker warning on the other hand brings up an "Ignore Error?" dialogue, so at least some ignore buttons react :)

Looks like a false positive...  IIRC the template has instead of & in it &  and I'll have to account for that.

Nothing changes on the screen when you ignore any error.  But, the next time it runs a scan (or if you manually run rescan), it will move it down to the ignored section (thinking about changing how the ignore button works however)  The only real thing that ignore does is it won't trigger any notifications for it.

I'll have to look at the FTP code, as IIRC it shouldn't give that error if you don't have any valid users set up.

Looks like a false positive...  IIRC the template has instead of & in it &  and I'll have to account for that.

Nothing changes on the screen when you ignore any error.  But, the next time it runs a scan (or if you manually run rescan), it will move it down to the ignored section (thinking about changing how the ignore button works however)  The only real thing that ignore does is it won't trigger any notifications for it.

I'll have to look at the FTP code, as IIRC it shouldn't give that error if you don't have any valid users set up.

Thanks for looking into it, this will be an immensely useful plugin.

I do have a valid FTP user set up, hence "as expected" for the warning. The problem is that I can't ignore the warning...

I really meant that nothing at all* happens when I click the "Ignore Warning" button for the FTP Server error. The warning is still there on a rescan, as well as after a reboot and rescan. Given that the "Ignore Warning" button for the Docker webUI warning produces a popup asking me if I'm sure I want to ignore it, I would expect the FTP Server "Ignore Warning" button to produce a similar popup as well.

It would also be nice to have some consistency regarding "Warning" and "Error". Things can get really confusing if something is first listed as a warning and then suddenly is regarded an error. :)

Edit: Case in point - I didn't even manage to stay consistent within this post :P

* Aside from the button turning green when the mouse hovers over it and visualising presses like any other clicked button in the UI.

Thanks for looking into it, this will be an immensely useful plugin.

I do have a valid FTP user set up, hence "as expected" for the warning. The problem is that I can't ignore the warning...

I really meant that nothing at all* happens when I click the "Ignore Warning" button for the FTP Server error. The warning is still there on a rescan, as well as after a reboot and rescan. Given that the "Ignore Warning" button for the Docker webUI warning produces a popup asking me if I'm sure I want to ignore it, I would expect the FTP Server "Ignore Warning" button to produce a similar popup as well.

It would also be nice to have some consistency regarding "Warning" and "Error". Things can get really confusing if something is first listed as a warning and then suddenly is regarded an error. :)

Edit: Case in point - I didn't even manage to stay consistent within this post

* Aside from the button turning green when the mouse hovers over it and visualising presses like any other clicked button in the UI.

If the ignore warning didn't generate a pop-up then something didn't work right and I'll have to look at it.

Not sure what you mean by consistency however.  Something that generates an error will always generate an error and never a warning.  (of course this is all decided by myself and what I feel constitutes an error vs a warning)

If the ignore warning didn't generate a pop-up then something didn't work right and I'll have to look at it.

Not sure what you mean by consistency however.  Something that generates an error will always generate an error and never a warning.  (of course this is all decided by myself and what I feel constitutes an error vs a warning)

No pop-up generated for the FTP Server warning, thanks for looking into it. Identical behaviour (or lack thereof) for me in Safari and Chrome. I normally use AdBlock in Safari but set to be disabled for the unRAID web UI, and I have also tried disabling it completely.  Please let me know if there is anything I can test or log to assist. :)

When clicking on the "Ignore Warning" button, the console in Chrome outputs the error

FixProblems:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

...and in Safari:

SyntaxError: Unexpected EOF
(anonymous function) FixProblems:1

As for consistency: Clicking the "Ignore Warning" button for my Docker webUI warning generates a pop-up with a big fat label "Ignore Error?" and in the regular text there is "Are you sure you want to ignore this error:".