[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

If the ignore warning didn't generate a pop-up then something didn't work right and I'll have to look at it.

Not sure what you mean by consistency however.  Something that generates an error will always generate an error and never a warning.  (of course this is all decided by myself and what I feel constitutes an error vs a warning)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

No pop-up generated for the FTP Server warning, thanks for looking into it. Identical behaviour (or lack thereof) for me in Safari and Chrome. I normally use AdBlock in Safari but set to be disabled for the unRAID web UI, and I have also tried disabling it completely.  Please let me know if there is anything I can test or log to assist. :)

When clicking on the "Ignore Warning" button, the console in Chrome outputs the error

FixProblems:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

...and in Safari:

SyntaxError: Unexpected EOF
(anonymous function) FixProblems:1

As for consistency: Clicking the "Ignore Warning" button for my Docker webUI warning generates a pop-up with a big fat label "Ignore Error?" and in the regular text there is "Are you sure you want to ignore this error:".

Had a quick look at the code over lunch and I think I know what's going on with no pop-up and that error.

And far as the font size on the pop up, one is the title and the other is a description.

If the ignore warning didn't generate a pop-up then something didn't work right and I'll have to look at it.

Not sure what you mean by consistency however.  Something that generates an error will always generate an error and never a warning.  (of course this is all decided by myself and what I feel constitutes an error vs a warning)

No pop-up generated for the FTP Server warning, thanks for looking into it. Identical behaviour (or lack thereof) for me in Safari and Chrome. I normally use AdBlock in Safari but set to be disabled for the unRAID web UI, and I have also tried disabling it completely.  Please let me know if there is anything I can test or log to assist. :)

When clicking on the "Ignore Warning" button, the console in Chrome outputs the error

FixProblems:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

...and in Safari:

SyntaxError: Unexpected EOF
(anonymous function) FixProblems:1

As for consistency: Clicking the "Ignore Warning" button for my Docker webUI warning generates a pop-up with a big fat label "Ignore Error?" and in the regular text there is "Are you sure you want to ignore this error:".

Had a quick look at the code over lunch and I think I know what's going on with no pop-up and that error.

And far as the font size on the pop up, one is the title and the other is a description.

Sounds promising. :)

Yes, it is quite obvious that one is the title and the other one part of the description. But they both use the word "error" in the pop-up even though it was a warning that is to be ignored...

Just gave this plugin a go! Really good idea btw, found one settings that was mistypesd. One thing that it might be mistaken is "docker appdata location is stored within /mnt/user". I have my docker image located "/mnt/cache/docker/docker.img" and the docker folder is set to "cache only". I am still on 6.1.9 if that matters. Am I misinterpreting this error or is it a bug?

Just gave this plugin a go! Really good idea btw, found one settings that was mistypesd. One thing that it might be mistaken is "docker appdata location is stored within /mnt/user". I have my docker image located "/mnt/cache/docker/docker.img" and the docker folder is set to "cache only". I am still on 6.1.9 if that matters. Am I misinterpreting this error or is it a bug?

It's a bug in my detection that was pointed out a couple posts above

Huh??? A couple of post ago and it's not fixed? I hope you're feeling well! ;)

I decided to watch a movie yesterday.  Wedding anniversary tomorrow so I figured I gotta play nice

I decided to watch a movie yesterday.  Wedding anniversary tomorrow so I figured I gotta play nice

True, smart man.

True, smart man.

But now I'm starting to through computer withdrawal. 

Am getting the following warning:  **** Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share ****

Default appdata storage location:  /mnt/cache/system/docker/

/mnt/cache/system is a cache only share

docker - contains all my docker related setups

libvirt - contains all my vm related setups

this is on a SSD cache pool

Myk

Looking at this now.  Can't replicate.  Can you show me either a screen shot of the share settings for system or alternatively the file /boot/config/shares/system.cfg  It'll tell me that either the plugin is correct or I'm missing something in trying to replicate

The server that's giving this error, was it previously running 6.2 (at any point)? Can you give me the contents of /boot/config/docker.cfg

This plugin won't install from China.  Github must be blocked.  Any other way to install it?

If you can't fix the GitHub thing on the server, but can access from your laptop here's how you would manually install

Download:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/fix.common.problems/master/plugins/fix.common.problems.plg and store it on the flash at config/plugins

Make a directory on the flash called config/plugins/fix.common.problems

Store this within that folder: https://github.com/Squidly271/fix.common.problems/raw/master/archive/fix.common.problems-2016.05.26-x86_64-1.txz

Easiest way to install would be to then reboot, or you could

installpkg /boot/config/plugins/fix.common.problems/fix.common.problems-2016.05.26-x86_64-1.txz

Tests that you'll fail would be the connectivity test as it tries to ping GitHub.

If you google 4636228756 you'll see people putting their heads in washing machines

Fix webUI changed detection if special characters present

Downgrade fix common problems & CA not autoupdating to be warnings (the people (aka RobJ) have spoken)

Fix not be able to ignore if ' present in description

Fix some wording inconsistencies with ignore pop up

More forgiving determination of cache only shares (with folders on array) *

* Previously just checked if the share existed in /mnt/user0  Now checks the contents of /mnt/user0/share.  If anything is present then its an error / warning (can't remember which)  The mere fact of the share existing on the array will not trigger anything as unRaid won't actually write anything to it ever.

The server that's giving this error, was it previously running 6.2 (at any point)? Can you give me the contents of /boot/config/docker.cfg

Yes, I did upgrade to 6.2 but then went back when I ran into some VM issues.

/boot/confit/docker.cfg

DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/cache/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs"
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="Couchpotato,RickRage,Transmission,SickRage"
DOCKER_ENABLED="yes"
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="15"
DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/docker/docker.img"
DOCKER_APP_CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/user/appdata/"
DOCKER_AUTHORING_MODE="no"

The docket containers listed above are not installed? Not sure if that's an issue.

Yes, I did upgrade to 6.2 but then went back when I ran into some VM issues.

/boot/confit/docker.cfg

DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/cache/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs"
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="Couchpotato,RickRage,Transmission,SickRage"
DOCKER_ENABLED="yes"
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="15"
DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/cache/docker/docker.img"
DOCKER_APP_CONFIG_PATH="/mnt/user/appdata/"
DOCKER_AUTHORING_MODE="no"

The docket containers listed above are not installed? Not sure if that's an issue.

The problem is the config path that's there that I check as it's valid on 6.2 and on 6.1 shouldn't be there.

Just edit that path to say /mnt/cache/appdata

Latest version isntalled but it is hollaring about the crashplan docker:

Docker application CrashPlan does not have the same webUI interface as what the template author specified

The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280] and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280]. If you are specifying an absolute port (IE: PORT:xxxx is missing from your specified webUI address, then you will have issues should you ever have to change the host port on the docker applications's settings. In the same vein, specifying an absolute IP address in the webUI will cause issues should your server's IP address ever change. Note that the PORT:xxxx refers to the Container's port, not the host port. There may however be perfectly valid reasons to change the default webUI entry on the application.

They are the same?

Thanks

Myk

If you google 4636228756 you'll see people putting their heads in washing machines

Downgrade fix common problems & CA not autoupdating to be warnings (the people (aka RobJ) have spoken)

* Previously just checked if the share existed in /mnt/user0  Now checks the contents of /mnt/user0/share.  If anything is present then its an error / warning (can't remember which)  The mere fact of the share existing on the array will not trigger anything as unRaid won't actually write anything to it ever.

Awesome! I really appreciate your work and your major contributions to the community :)

I am now able to ignore the FTP Server warning, and the pop-up makes perfect sense, yay!

The Docker webUI warning is still there, though (as noted by MyKroFt while typing this). From the syslog it looks like the differences lie in a leading space before http and two & uses (confirmed with template xmls):

The webUI the author specified is  http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280] and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280].

Awesome! I really appreciate your work and your major contributions to the community :)

I am now able to ignore the FTP Server warning, and the pop-up makes perfect sense, yay!

The Docker webUI warning is still there, though (as noted by MyKroFt while typing this). From the syslog it looks like the differences lie in a leading space before http and two & uses (confirmed with template xmls):

The webUI the author specified is  http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280] and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:4280]/vnc.html?autoconnect=true&host=[iP]&port=[PORT:4280].

Really...  I installed crashplan to test that...  I'll look further

Edit.  Did you guys rescan?

I thought I read somewhere in here that once you ignore messages there is also a way to create some txt file to stop it from being placed in the syslog as well? or did I make that up in my head? I changed my Plex docker to https so that the webGUI link actually works with my settings and I don't think I want to see the 4 line entry on my syslog every morning about me being a rebel and changing things :D

I thought I read somewhere in here that once you ignore messages there is also a way to create some txt file to stop it from being placed in the syslog as well? or did I make that up in my head? I changed my Plex docker to https so that the webGUI link actually works with my settings and I don't think I want to see the 4 line entry on my syslog every morning about me being a rebel and changing things :D

Yeah, you made that one up in your head.  Next rev or two however I was already planning on changing the logging and making it less verbose

Yeah, you made that one up in your head.  Next rev or two however I was already planning on changing the logging and making it less verbose

Lol, well good to know that I make up stuff. I was searching though the posts and was like hmmm where did that go...

Rescanned and even rebooted and rescanned.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-27_at_20_15_12.png.d7bd03f0424a198ad9b034ca27f37d6b.png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-27_at_20_35_07.png.b9a2e15fe637b080c98f31ed1d32d765.png

Rescanned and even rebooted and rescanned.

try it now.

6.2 returns the exact same url.

6.1.x on the other hand is the same url, but with a space preceding it.

try it now.

Updated, rescanned, still get the warning. Running 6.2.0-beta21, CrashPlan probably added while running 6.1.9 if that matters.

The syslog is much neater now in this version. Could be even neater if it handled special characters though, "unRaid's built in FTP server is running" looks a bit webby and out of place.

Edit: To clarify, what is in the syslog is ampersand#39;

try it now.

Updated, rescanned, still get the warning. Running 6.2.0-beta21, CrashPlan probably added while running 6.1.9 if that matters.

The syslog is much neater now in this version. Could be even neater if it handled special characters though, "unRaid's built in FTP server is running" looks a bit webby and out of place.

Edit: To clarify, what is in the syslog is ampersand#39;

You guysCrashplan is driving me nuts  :-\

This is the history of the updates regarding it:

webUI failed on the initial tests due to the &

Updated FCP and it worked under 6.2 

Discovered it failed under 6.1.9

Updated FCP and it works under 6.2 and 6.1.9

I have no clue what is up with your systems and the failing of the test.  I've now got Crashplan installed on both my 6.2 and 6.1.9 and it passes the test with the default webUI (and fails if I change the entry)

I've even copied the my-crashplan xml from the 6.1.9 to the 6.2 (they are different) and it still passes without re-editing the container.

Can you post (as an attachment, not as a code block) your /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-Crashplan.xml -> you will have to copy it and change the extension to .txt

Oh, and the ' appearing in the syslog with FTP was an oversight from when I fixed the ignore problem on that, and has also been fixed