[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

I have these messages for 3 dockers since today:

As a general rule, if the plugin is not known to Community Applications, then it is not compatible with your server. It is recommended to uninstall this plugin. The webUI the author specified is http://[iP]:[PORT:8096]/ and the webUI you are using is http://[iP]:[PORT:8096]/emby/.

This is the case for all Dockers that are connected via reverse proxy. I can certainly ignore these messages the question is why this message is coming up now.

I guess that the check of the webUI author's specification is by design and doesn't include the check if a reverse proxy is involved?

The plugin message is probably dealing with Powerdown, and it is valid.  The powerdown plugin is not recommended to be installed if you're running 6.2+

The webUI comment has nothing to do with reverse proxy on the example you show.  You did indeed change the webUI from what the author specified (appended emby to it).  In this case, that's probably safe to ignore.

Not sure what to make of this-

Event: Fix Common Problems
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

**** The plugin ransomware.bait.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server ****   

Got the message after restarting the array.

Not sure what to make of this-

Event: Fix Common Problems
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

**** The plugin ransomware.bait.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server ****   

Got the message after restarting the array.

Because its true.  There's a replacement.  Follow this procedure:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=52462.msg510326#msg510326

• 3 weeks later...

Could you make a toggle to exclude certain shares from this check:

The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings. This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:

I have a few shares locked down at the file level since I'm using Active Directory and your plugin very correctly tells me about all the files everyone can't reach. :)

The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings. This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:

I have a few shares locked down at the file level since I'm using Active Directory and your plugin very correctly tells me about all the files everyone can't reach. :)

Since its probably doing this when running the extended tests, just add those folders to the excluded section

If that warning is from the regular test, then just hit ignore on it.  Full AD integration and checking on its own unique permissions, etc isn't something that's going to happen with this plugin.

Since its probably doing this when running the extended tests, just add those folders to the excluded section

If that warning is from the regular test, then just hit ignore on it.  Full AD integration and checking on its own unique permissions, etc isn't something that's going to happen with this plugin.

WHOOPS....  I completely ignored the excluded directory section.... Kinda hard for you to add in the functionality when it's already there eh?

Nah, I wasn't expecting AD integration. My experience so far is that only sadists venture into the territory of AD permissions + samba + unraid!

• Like 1

Looks like on the 14th, something weird happened with rsync from ca backup where rsync decided to log everything from the backup into the syslog, even though the command given to rsync is correct.  Net result is that god knows how many extra lines got logged into the syslog on that day.  (My initial thought is that there was an issue with the docker.img file on that particular day that you fixed later)

Easy solution to the log starting to get full is just reboot the server.  And IIRC FCP does a warning at 50%, then at 80, then an error at 90 to try and get your attention before this becomes an actual issue that affects the operation of your server.  Right now, there's no problem, and a reboot can be done at your leisure

So the log keeps running from one boot until the next? I don't know why I thought it was saved to a text file every 24 hours or something similar. I'll probably let it go until 80%. I'm sure there'll probably be a few new unRaid updates by then.:)

No the log is cleared every boot.  Your system has been up and running since Nov 7

Got a message from FCP that my log file was filling up (51%). I checked the log and don't see anything obvious except that there are quite a few days included.

I think Squid's analysis is correct.  I noticed that the Recycle Bin is being backed up, which seems unnecessary.

The one thing I would change is to increase your spin down delay.  Your drives are spinning up and down all day long!  I could not see a single period in the day when they were not spinning up and down.  From all I understand, that's harder on the drives than just letting them spin.  I think a better delay for you would be 2 hours.  With that setting, I suspect Disk 3 will never spin down, probably others too.

Got a message from FCP that my log file was filling up (51%). I checked the log and don't see anything obvious except that there are quite a few days included.

I think Squid's analysis is correct.  I noticed that the Recycle Bin is being backed up, which seems unnecessary.

The one thing I would change is to increase your spin down delay.  Your drives are spinning up and down all day long!  I could not see a single period in the day when they were not spinning up and down.  From all I understand, that's harder on the drives than just letting them spin.  I think a better delay for you would be 2 hours.  With that setting, I suspect Disk 3 will never spin down, probably others too.

Recycle bin is excluded as of about a week or so. I thought it seemed unnecessary too. Perhaps that was an old log entry? Changed the spin down delay from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Should I increase it more? All the disks were showing as spun down before the change except cache. I used to not spin them down at all so not sure what the best setting is. Thanks for the advice.

Looks like on the 14th, something weird happened with rsync from ca backup where rsync decided to log everything from the backup into the syslog, even though the command given to rsync is correct.  Net result is that god knows how many extra lines got logged into the syslog on that day.

THAT'S what happened....  I was unfortunate enough to be doing a drive rebuild during that and I woke up the next morning and discovered the syslog was full, which kept me from being able to do about anything. Rebooted and had XFS corruption which shortly after it caused a drive to red ball.

:-[

Looks like on the 14th, something weird happened with rsync from ca backup where rsync decided to log everything from the backup into the syslog, even though the command given to rsync is correct.  Net result is that god knows how many extra lines got logged into the syslog on that day.

THAT'S what happened....  I was unfortunate enough to be doing a drive rebuild during that and I woke up the next morning and discovered the syslog was full, which kept me from being able to do about anything. Rebooted and had XFS corruption which shortly after it caused a drive to red ball.

huh?  :o That quote is a reply to wgstarks.  Your last post was about AD permissions.

huh?  :o That quote is a reply to wgstarks.  Your last post was about AD permissions.

Yea I was just chiming in on that experience..Last week my syslog did exactly the same things and caused a bit of havoc since it got completely full before I could fix it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rebooted and had XFS corruption which shortly after it caused a drive to red ball.

File system content, corrupt, formatted, blank, or whatever, will never cause a red ball. The ONLY thing that causes a red ball is a requested write to the drive fails. It could be a controller error, a bad or poorly connected cable, or an actual drive failure.
  • 3 weeks later...

how do I fix the problem of having multiple folders with names that only differ by case? Viewing them through Midnight Commander shows both folders contain the same data

Thats different.  I would expect that they wouldn't be identical.  mc would be one way to fix.  Figure out which one is the "correct one", delete the other and figure out which program is creating the other one.

Note that if you only use AFP/NFS to access the server, this problem isn't an issue

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

When running with 'Ransomware Protection' configured to create file shares and files. That plugin creates files with same name but different camel casing. Duplicate files with different casing is something that 'Fix Common Problems' is designed to find.

I want to exclude Fix Common Problems from searching my 'Ransomware Protection' created folders that have these incorrect casing issues are reporting on.

I added the folders to the 'Permission Test/Fix Excluded On' section however they are still scanned for the same files with different capitalization. This means that the plugin will continue to report errors on these folders so I will always have to review results instead of relying on a pass fail message.

If 'Permission Test/Fix Excluded On' being the only excluding option also applies to the capitalization search, then this is a bug because it isn't excluding it from the search. However if that that isn't the case, then the feature request is for adding an excluded section for the Capitalization scan.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

When running with 'Ransomware Protection' configured to create file shares and files. That plugin creates files with same name but different camel casing. Duplicate files with different casing is something that 'Fix Common Problems' is designed to find.

I want to exclude Fix Common Problems from searching my 'Ransomware Protection' created folders that have these incorrect casing issues are reporting on.

I added the folders to the 'Permission Test/Fix Excluded On' section however they are still scanned for the same files with different capitalization. This means that the plugin will continue to report errors on these folders so I will always have to review results instead of relying on a pass fail message.

If 'Permission Test/Fix Excluded On' being the only excluding option also applies to the capitalization search, then this is a bug because it isn't excluding it from the search. However if that that isn't the case, then the feature request is for adding an excluded section for the Capitalization scan.

Already fixed on the ransomware plugin.  But you will have to delete the bait files and recreate them

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk