[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Is the course of action still to delete ignoredList.json? Don't see the ignored section on UI (think I acknowledged the err as well).

There are 2 errors (unclean shutdown and OOM errors) that have the acknowledgement.  This is because of how the errors are found.

With all other errors, once they are ignored, when they are found again (a simple rescan will do it) they can be remonitored.  Shutdown and OOM can't be found again by the rescan because they were acknowledged.

So pretty much 3 options:

Pull the plug on the server to generate another unclean shutdown (I don't recommend this)

Delete the file (you'll have to ignore any errors previously ignored again) This is the simplest way

Edit the file with Notepad++ and remove the appropriate line (and making sure that the last entry does not have a comma after it).

I have this in my syslog and it also shows on the console:

Jan 27 02:08:57 BackupServer root: Fix Common Problems Version 2017.01.24
Jan 27 02:08:57 BackupServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to communicate with GitHub.com ** Ignored

Not sure if this is a problem or not.  It does show up as an error though.

I have multiple vlans and it might be from a delay in the network coming up.

Jan 27 02:08:57 BackupServer root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Unable to communicate with GitHub.com ** Ignored

Probably.  The test is a ping github.com  But it's showing up on the console?

Yes, the error shows on the console also.

Something like this?
root@Server_A:~# ping blahblahblah
ping: unknown host blahblahblah

Something like this?

Yes.

Something like this?

Yes.

K.  I don't have stderr redirected to null.  Will fix at some point

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Something like this?

Yes.

Should it be downgraded to a Warning and not an error?

Something like this?

Yes.

Should it be downgraded to a Warning and not an error?

I think of it as an error because at that point plugins and Dockers won't install. No update checks will work etc.  It's not a check on github per se but a check against internet access as a whole

The last couple of days, fix common problems has reported an issue with 'call traces' and on checking the logs, it appears to be;

Jan 30 17:59:57 TechNAS kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/1 Tainted: G        W       4.4.30-unRAID #2
Jan 30 17:59:57 TechNAS kernel: Hardware name: HP ProLiant MicroServer, BIOS O41     07/29/2011
Jan 30 17:59:57 TechNAS kernel: 0000000000000000 ffff88011fc83dd0 ffffffff8136f79f ffff88011fc83e18
Jan 30 17:59:57 TechNAS kernel: 0000000000000132 ffff88011fc83e08 ffffffff8104a4ab ffffffff8155871e
Jan 30 17:59:57 TechNAS kernel: ffff88011afba000 ffff8800c3ad6e00 ffff88011afba3a0 0000000000000001
Jan 30 17:59:57 TechNAS kernel: Call Trace:

I'm guessing it's something to do with the BIOS or CPU? Is it something to be worried about, or something I can fix?

Hi Squid, is there any chance the troubleshooting syslog that's saved to the boot flash could be given a slightly different name to distinguish it easily from the other syslog that's contained within the diagnostic zip, please?

Why?

Because people asking for help often forget to include it and when requested manage to attach the wrong file.

Hi Squid, is there any chance the troubleshooting syslog that's saved to the boot flash could be given a slightly different name to distinguish it easily from the other syslog that's contained within the diagnostic zip, please?

Why?

Because people asking for help often forget to include it and when requested manage to attach the wrong file.

lol  Everyone forgets to include it, and when they do Trurl et al bug them that there's no reason to include it, because diagnostics already includes it (but with troubleshooting mode, the syslog.txt will contain up to 30minutes more logging than the last diagnostics)

Why?

lol  Everyone forgets to include it, and when they do Trurl et al bug them that there's no reason to include it, because diagnostics already includes it (but with troubleshooting mode, the syslog.txt will contain up to 30minutes more logging than the last diagnostics)

All the more reason to give it a slightly different name. If I'm trying to help someone and I want to see the log for that last 30 minutes, the last thing I need is a copy of the syslog I already have from the diagnostics zip.

You would need to post your diagnostics.  Call traces are meaningless without knowing what leads up to them.

As requested, diagnostics attached...

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone with far more knowledgable than me has managed to work out what might be causing the trace issues?

Thanks.

You should post a new thread in general support where more eyes will see it.

You would need to post your diagnostics.  Call traces are meaningless without knowing what leads up to them.

As requested, diagnostics attached...

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone with far more knowledgable than me has managed to work out what might be causing the trace issues?

Thanks.

You should post a new thread in general support where more eyes will see it.

No problem, done.  ;)

Why?

All the more reason to give it a slightly different name. If I'm trying to help someone and I want to see the log for that last 30 minutes, the last thing I need is a copy of the syslog I already have from the diagnostics zip.

Any chance you could take a look at this thread, please? I'm confused.

I think of it as an error because at that point plugins and Dockers won't install. No update checks will work etc.  It's not a check on github per se but a check against internet access as a whole

I've got this exact same problem. What would cause this error to appear? This error message is causing all my docker and plugin updates to fail yet I can get to github.com without a problem on my PC.