[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

4 hours ago, tunetyme said:

2 empty slots disks 7 & 8 (used for preclearing, copying etc.

I went through the conversion process from rfs to xfs. In that process there was a recommendation to have both include in each plus exclude slots 7 & 8 (disk).

I have an error for both shares saying I am including and excluding and to correct this. Both share indicate that neither share is excluding any disks. However it also only shows 6 disks not 8.

I'm confused by this description. It makes some sense to talk about a slot number, but if it is empty, it does not have a disk number in the array, and excludes and includes only apply to disks in the array.

Maybe if you could quote or give a link to the "recommendation" it might give some context.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

I'm confused by this description. It makes some sense to talk about a slot number, but if it is empty, it does not have a disk number in the array, and excludes and includes only apply to disks in the array.

Maybe if you could quote or give a link to the "recommendation" it might give some context.

Maybe you have those empty slots excluded in Global Share Settings?

Post diagnostics.

Feature Request:

Can "Fix Common Problems" be made to coordinate with "Auto-Update"?

I have Auto Update set to 3 days after a new version, but Fix Common starts warning me once the new version is released.

Can they either coordinate or can Fix Common be set to allow X number of days before a warning is displayed?

Just now, GeekMajic said:

Feature Request:

I have Auto Update set to 3 days after a new version, but Fix Common starts warning me once the new version is released.

Can they either coordinate or can Fix Common be set to allow X number of days before a warning is displayed?

Hmm. I'm sure that doesn't happen on either of my systems as long as the plugin is set to auto update within auto update's settings....  I'll reconfirm though...

Just now, GeekMajic said:

@Squid

Do you have notifications set to Error and Warning in Fix Common?

TBQH, I have notifications from FCP disabled, as I'm continually testing various scenarios to help people out here, and I always forget to undo the errors that I induce in my server's, and the daily notifications I get drive me nuts....  I'll check out what you're seeing tonight

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Available slots and my disk number are the same number in my system. I forget that I organize things a little differently than most people. The slot number is the disk number so slot number 7 is disk number 7. Now that I have finished the conversions there isn't a disk 7 or 8 in the system.

Edited by tunetyme
clarify
36 minutes ago, tunetyme said:

Available slots and my disk number are the same number in my system. I forget that I organize things a little differently than most people. The slot number is the disk number so slot number 7 is disk number 7. Now that I have finished the conversions there isn't a disk 7 or 8 in the system.

This is exactly how I would number them also and since this is how unRAID numbers them everyone should number them this way to avoid confusion. Sorry, I was just confused by the mention of disk7, which as you say, doesn't exist.

8 hours ago, tunetyme said:

I went through the conversion process from rfs to xfs. In that process there was a recommendation to have both include in each plus exclude slots 7 & 8 (disk).

I have an error for both shares saying I am including and excluding and to correct this. Both share indicate that neither share is excluding any disks. However it also only shows 6 disks not 8.

I see this in your syslog

Apr  6 03:09:03 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share S is set for both included (disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6) and excluded (disk7,disk8) disks

but as you say, that share doesn't have any excludes currently in your diagnostics.

shareInclude="disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6"
shareExclude=""

Did you change that share's settings after the timestamp for that warning in your syslog? If you go to Fix Common Problems and have it scan again, does it still give that warning?

5 hours ago, GeekMajic said:

Feature Request:

You found a bug that was introduced in November.  Fixed

@trurl, @tunetyme

I ran those .cfg files through FCP, (and made the appropriate folder within /mnt/user), and it doesn't generate anything at all.  Nor should it, because there is nothing wrong with the setting.

The initial post stated "... recently updated updated from 4.7 to 6.3.3"  My guess is that the errors were indeed valid with the initial configs of the shares.  And FCP caught that.  At some point you went in and changed a setting or what not within the shares and that has corrected the error (I know this happened, because shareFruit and shareCOW is part of the configs which is definitely not part of 4.7 / 5.x )

Some of the confusion may arise from how FCP works.  After errors are detected, those errors will continually display within FCP until a rescan or a reboot or performed (to aid you in fixing the problems).  I would guess that if you went back into FCP and rescanned then you would not see those two errors anymore.

This is straight from FCP

Warnings Found Suggested Fix  
Share S is set for both included (disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6) and excluded (disk7,disk8) disks While if you're careful this isn't a problem, there is absolutely no reason ever to specify BOTH included and excluded disks. It is far easier and safer to only set either the included list or the excluded list. Fix it here:
Ignored Errors & Warnings Suggested Fix  
Plugin Update Check not enabled Highly recommended to have dynamix check for plugin updates (including for the webUI
All Ignored Errors & Warnings  
Plugin Update Check not enabled  
Share S is set for both included (disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6) and excluded (disk7) disks  
Share P is set for both included (disk1) and excluded (disk7) disks

After Rescan

I thought this would automatically update (rescan) after rebooting the system

Warnings Found Suggested Fix  
Docker Update Check not enabled Recommended to enable update checks for docker applications
Ignored Errors & Warnings Suggested Fix  
Plugin Update Check not enabled Highly recommended to have dynamix check for plugin updates (including for the webUI
All Ignored Errors & Warnings  
Plugin Update Check not enabled  
Share S is set for both included (disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6) and excluded (disk7) disks  
Share P is set for both included (disk1) and excluded (disk7) disks