[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

On 14/02/2018 at 2:24 PM, Squid said:

Show me the exact error that its displaying

Feb 18 03:46:09 downloadbox root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker Application tvheadend is currently set up to run in host mode ** Ignored
Feb 18 03:46:09 downloadbox root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker Application tvheadend, Container Port 9981 not found or changed on installed application ** Ignored
Feb 18 03:46:09 downloadbox root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker Application tvheadend, Container Port 9982 not found or changed on installed application ** Ignored

(obviously I'm currently just ignoring the error).

5 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Feb 18 03:46:09 downloadbox root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker Application tvheadend is currently set up to run in host mode ** Ignored
Feb 18 03:46:09 downloadbox root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker Application tvheadend, Container Port 9981 not found or changed on installed application ** Ignored
Feb 18 03:46:09 downloadbox root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Docker Application tvheadend, Container Port 9982 not found or changed on installed application ** Ignored

(obviously I'm currently just ignoring the error).

The errors are ignored.  They will still display on a rescan, but they will not send a notification when found.

5 hours ago, alexciurea said:

hello

seems that fix common problems plugin report the gitlab-ce ports as non-standard.

Getting in FCP errors like:

Docker Application GitLab-CE, Container Port 22 not found or changed on installed application

Docker Application GitLab-CE, Container Port 80 not found or changed on installed application

Docker Application GitLab-CE, Container Port 443 not found or changed on installed application

somebody else reporting this in the GL-CE docker support thread.

i guess we can ignore, but probably the plugin reporting such error should be corrected?

Ignore it.  Problem is that FCP is seeing another template from a different repository that happens to be blacklisted but refers to gitlab/gitlab-ce which has those ports defined.   I'll have to redo that test to account for it not looking at a blacklisted, duplicated template

• Upvote 1

This is what I've decided to do:

I've removed the following tests:

• Docker Network type not matching the template (host vs bridge). 
  • Docker Container Ports changed or missing
  • Docker webUI link changed

unRaid 6.3+ makes it far harder to mess with the container ports as an example unless you know what you're doing in the first place, and Network Type mismatches are not always indicative of an actual error in the application running.

The webUI link tends to get changed if you run the apps on a reverse proxy.

Basically, these tests while there still may be a place for them in limited circumstances are starting to become more troublesome than they are worth, and the legitimate changes to them are only causing false positives

• Upvote 1

I always get this message when I open FCP...

Ad blocker detected.  Ad blockers can interfere with the GUI of unRaid, and it is recommended to whitelist your server in the ad-blocker settings

I thought I've whitelisted it everywhere, but I still get the message.  Can you tell me what/how you test this, so i can figure out what's triggering it and whitelist it there?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, JustinChase said:

I always get this message when I open FCP...

Ad blocker detected.  Ad blockers can interfere with the GUI of unRaid, and it is recommended to whitelist your server in the ad-blocker settings

I thought I've whitelisted it everywhere, but I still get the message.  Can you tell me what/how you test this, so i can figure out what's triggering it and whitelist it there?

Thanks!

<div class="adsitem"></div>
  if ($('.adsitem').length==0 || $('.adsitem').css('display')=='none') {
    alert("Ad blocker detected.  Ad blockers can interfere with the GUI of unRaid, and it is recommended to whitelist your server in the ad-blocker settings");
  }

If that div is messed with by an adblocker (removing the div or setting it to not display), then the alert appears.   

Hello, getting a strange message that I don't recall seeing when running extended tests:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/share.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1706

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and still get the error?

have 6.4 

installed the FCP

initiated first scan

the system FROZE !!

only option was hard reset 

after reboot it looked as if the plugin was not installed at all.

any particular history with such occurrences ? 

P.S.

dont know how the diagnostics will help, as they  are obviously after the fact

and also I upgraded to 6.4.1 - didnt test it yet with this version

tower-diagnostics-20180222-0833.zip

6 hours ago, dadarara said:

after reboot it looked as if the plugin was not installed at all.

Your diagnostics agree that it isn't installed. Maybe try installing again but post diagnostics before running a scan.

Not likely to be the source of your problem, but you should uninstall the statistics sender plugin. It is only used with preclear plugin, which you don't (and shouldn't) have installed.

Are all your plugins up-to-date?

Something very strange had to have happened when you installed / ran the scan.  The folder for fix common problems on the flash drive is there, but the .plg is not

Only guess at the moment is some sort of flash drive corruption (take the flash and put it into a Windows box and run the file system checks on it).  But, you're probably going to have to reinstall FCP

I've been using FCP in trouble shooting mode trying to identify why my server is rebooting itself. (There's a whole tread in general support if you're interested in chipping in.)

I just noticed this in FCPsyslog_tail.txt:

Feb 28 10:04:01 NAS root: Fix Common Problems Version 2018.02.18
Feb 28 10:04:11 NAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: unclean shutdown detected of your server
Feb 28 10:04:17 NAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your server
Feb 28 10:04:17 NAS root: mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 21: mcelog does not support this processor.  Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.
Feb 28 10:04:17 NAS root: CPU is unsupported

Is there something I can/should do to use the `edac_mce_amd` module, or is that something that needs to be baked in at the @Squid level?

I'm not entirely sure what a Machine Check Event might even be, but I suppose it's possible that this is a cause of, or at least related to, my reboot issues.

I just ran FCP and received this error " Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share".  I don't have a cache drive installed. Should I just ignore it?
Yes. I'll have to look at the code though as you shouldn't be seeing that

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I've been using FCP in trouble shooting mode trying to identify why my server is rebooting itself. (There's a whole tread in general support if you're interested in chipping in.)

I just noticed this in FCPsyslog_tail.txt:

Feb 28 10:04:01 NAS root: Fix Common Problems Version 2018.02.18Feb 28 10:04:11 NAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: unclean shutdown detected of your serverFeb 28 10:04:17 NAS root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your serverFeb 28 10:04:17 NAS root: mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 21: mcelog does not support this processor.  Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.Feb 28 10:04:17 NAS root: CPU is unsupported

Is there something I can/should do to use the `edac_mce_amd` module, or is that something that needs to be baked in at the [mention=10290]Squid[/mention] level?
I'm not entirely sure what a Machine Check Event might even be, but I suppose it's possible that this is a cause of, or at least related to, my reboot issues.

It's something@limetech has to do. I recall that sometime in 6.4 they did enable that module but perhaps they didn't

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
On 3/1/2018 at 6:55 PM, Otacon said:

I just ran FCP and received this error " Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share".  I don't have a cache drive installed. Should I just ignore it?

What version of unRaid are you running?

I just ran an extended test in FCP and it's telling me 2 things:

The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings. This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:

/mnt/user/Movies/A Christmas Carol (1984)/Christmas Carol, A (1984).mkv nobody/users (99/100) 0640

Is that telling me that the file should be 0666 instead of 0640?

The other is that it's got a laundry list of files that exist on two disks (ugh). I've just enabled disk shares so I can do the clean up on Windows (I understand not mixing disk & user shares - I want to be able to compare the 2 disk shares directly) because it's easier to see the full file names and navigate paths with spaces in Win than in a shell or even Dolphin. However, when I attempt to delete the "wrong" version of a file, Win tells me "File Access Denied - You require permission from NAS\nobody to make changes to this file", but the file itself is 0666. Is this because I'm attempting to delete from a disk share instead of a user share?

image.png.33f8ee5908092999eddb8289ad91ff25.png

13 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Is that telling me that the file should be 0666 instead of 0640?

There is often no reason to have folder/files with other than default owner/permission, since only root has access to the command line, and network (SMB) security settings take care of everything else. 

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

How do you have SMB security for the disk set?

Default...  I've rummaged for a minute and I'm not sure where to change it, so I'm pretty sure I haven't changed it from default.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

There is often no reason to have folder/files with other than default owner/permission, since only root has access to the command line, and network (SMB) security settings take care of everything else. 

so it's safe to ignore the 0640 warning then? I've not had any issues with video playback on my Kodi box or in Emby and those are the critical items.

19 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

it's safe to ignore the 0640 warning then

You could fix any existing with Docker Safe New Permissions but that wouldn't stop some application from creating new ones. For example, I think settings.json in transmission has a line for umask that affects this.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

You could fix any existing with Docker Safe New Permissions but that wouldn't stop some application from creating new ones. For example, I think settings.json in transmission has a line for umask that affects this.

I thought I had permissions set correctly (radarr/sonarr), but I must have missed. I was thinking about running DSNP, glad I was thinking along the right lines.

Thanks for the help!