[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Impressive, but what I meant is we will still get questions about preclear.xD

And everything else of course. I have seen lots of questions asking why they are getting a warning from FCP, and how do they fix it, when the warning actually already answers those questions.

I upgraded to 6.50. from 6.4.1 last night, and the upgrade went fine....

However, prior to that I noticed (IIRC) that Common Problems had an update that offered one new item, a script that offers a check list for upgrade compatibility (6.4.1 -> 6.5.0 for example), I thought it would be good to update and test it out prior to the upgrade.

Everything came back clean except for my cache drive, complaining that my SSD cache did not start on sector 64, with a link to a process of moving items to array, formatting, and moving back (on at least 6.4.0).

My SSD in a Samsung PM961 512 GB NVMe drive formatted as btrfs (originally formatted by unraid in 6.3.5). Up until now, coming from 6.3.5 to 6.4.0 to 6.4.1 I have had no issues with it not being detected, but I figured why not, this is pretty straight forward. So I followed the advice, and:

- Marked cache shares to move to array

- "moved"

- stopped array and changed to XFS for my cache, formatted, then changed back to btrfs and formatted

- started array

- ran script, still error 64

- stopped array

- unassigned cache

- started array

- performed upgrade

- added ssd back as cache, was picked up as btrfs

- did the same mark to xfs, format, mark as btrfs, format

- still sector 64

So with the above, is it really an error or issue here? I am only using unraid, to format/reformat (not UD) the SSD and is continually being flagged for not starting at sector 64, what gives?

Edited by cybrnook
5 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

So with the above, is it really an error or issue here?

False positive.  It's one test that I can't replicate a failure.  And since you're already on 6.4, it's obviously not a problem.  Tonight though I'll give you a command to run so I can see where I went wrong on this.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:43 AM, halorrr said:

When I first set up the plugin I accidentally told the plugin to ignore the FTP warnings.

download?id=qbhAbmXu9JOLPvzpc1wSafwUtRTI

I don't want this to be the case any more however whenever I click the Monitor Warning/Error button, the items stay. What is strange about this is if I tell it to ignore the warning on other items, I am able to set them to Monitor again just fine, it is just these two items that are stuck. This has persisted through multiple restarts, rescans, and versions of the plugin. I'm currently on unRAID 6.4.1 and Fix Common Problems 2018-02-14

Any help to get these monitoring again would be great.

Anyone have any suggestions on this yet? I'm now on unRAID 6.5.0 and Fix Common Problems 2018.03.14b and the issue still persists. 

41 minutes ago, halorrr said:

Anyone have any suggestions on this yet? I'm now on unRAID 6.5.0 and Fix Common Problems 2018.03.14b and the issue still persists. 

You can edit boot/config/plugins/fix.common.problems/ignoreList.json. Just delete the lines associated with those ignored warnings. Good idea to make a copy of the file first though, just in case. Tested this on my server and it worked.

10 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You can edit boot/config/plugins/fix.common.problems/ignoreList.json. Just delete the lines associated with those ignored warnings. Good idea to make a copy of the file first though, just in case. Tested this on my server and it worked.

That worked perfectly! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Figures.  I thought you may be a no-show so I pumped out an update.  Oh well...  Post me the output of

fdisk -l /dev/nvme0n1

root@noah:~# fdisk -l /dev/nvme0n1
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 477 GiB, 512110190592 bytes, 1000215216 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device         Boot Start        End    Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/nvme0n1p1         64 1000215215 1000215152  477G 83 Linux

EDIT: udpated to your latest push and still get the same error:

Checking cache drive partitioning
Issue Found: Cache drive partition doesn't start on sector 64. You will have problems. See here https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?tab=comments#comment-511923 for how to fix this. NOTE: Currently there may be false positives associated with this test

Edited by cybrnook
1 minute ago, cybrnook said:

Thanks.  There'll be an update tomorrow that will fix this false positive

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Because that update doesn't have this fix.  Tomorrow's will.  I guess I could pump it out today, but every time I start doing releases of 15a, 15b, etc @CHBMB makes fun of me so I only do them nowadays when absolutely necessary.

Edited by Squid

Hello all,

When you run the extended tests, are the results written to disk anywhere?  I can run the tests successfully on my production server, but when I try to read the results it crashes my browser.  This obviously bodes ill for the results, but I'd still like to see them so I can correct them!

Thanks

-P

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Because that update doesn't have this fix.  Tomorrow's will.  I guess I could pump it out today, but every time I start doing releases of 15a, 15b, etc @CHBMB makes fun of me so I only do them nowadays when absolutely necessary.

No worries, take your time. The ride is over at this point.

But remember, it's always 16 somewhere :-).

Edited by cybrnook
4 minutes ago, pengrus said:

Hello all,

When you run the extended tests, are the results written to disk anywhere?  I can run the tests successfully on my production server, but when I try to read the results it crashes my browser.  This obviously bodes ill for the results, but I'd still like to see them so I can correct them!

Thanks

-P

/tmp/fix.common.problems/extendedLog

But you have to have a ton of problems for it to crash the browser.  Give it a couple of minutes to figure it out and render the display.

Edited by Squid
On 2018-03-15 at 9:27 PM, cybrnook said:

Checking cache drive partitioning
Issue Found: Cache drive partition doesn't start on sector 64. You will have problems. See here https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?tab=comments#comment-511923 for how to fix this. NOTE: Currently there may be false positives associated with this test

Can you update to today's release and try it again.  Thx

• Like 1

I started seeing the below running update assistant with the last couple of revisions of the plugin for whatever reason. 

Diagnostics attached.

I'm aware of the need to get rid of the preclear and statistics plugins and the underscore character in my server name before updating from 6.3 to 6.5

Checking for plugin updates
OK: All plugins up to date

Checking for plugin compatibility
Issue Found: ca.backup2.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: ca.cleanup.appdata.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: ca.update.applications.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: community.applications.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: dynamix.cache.dirs.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: dynamix.local.master.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: dynamix.ssd.trim.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: dynamix.system.autofan.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: fix.common.problems.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: NerdPack.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: preclear.disk.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: speedtest.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: statistics.sender.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: unassigned.devices.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: unbalance.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
Issue Found: user.scripts.plg () is not known to Community Applications. Compatibility for this plugin CANNOT be determined and it may cause you issues.
OK: All plugins are compatible

raid_01-diagnostics-20180317-1247.zip

Edited by dabl

Install today's update for FCP and rerun.  PITA for me to check for 6.3.5 compatibility.  I maintain 2 server's:  One with the "next" branch (ie: any RC), and one with the latest stable, so a minor difference between 6.3.5 and 6.5.0 slipped through.

On 2/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, hmgnsd said:

Hello, getting a strange message that I don't recall seeing when running extended tests:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/share.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1706

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and still get the error?

I am getting the same when running regular scan ...
Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/share.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1706

line 1706 of test.php is "    $iniFile = parse_ini_file("/boot/config/share.cfg",true);"

Confirmed that /boot/config/share.cfg doesn't exist.

Edited by Encino Stan
3 minutes ago, Encino Stan said:

I am getting the same when running regular scan ...

Fixed next release.  Only a warning.  Doesn't affect any test.  Cause is that you've never gone to Settings - Share Settings and made a change.  Nothing to worry about on your end.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

Install today's update for FCP and rerun.  PITA for me to check for 6.3.5 compatibility.  I maintain 2 server's:  One with the "next" branch (ie: any RC), and one with the latest stable, so a minor difference between 6.3.5 and 6.5.0 slipped through.

Thanks looks perfect now.