[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Small small thing:

"Fix Common Problems: Warning: Template URL for docker application x is not the as what the template author specified."

:)

Edit: Selecting "Apply fix" tells me "Fix applied successfully!" but the problem is still there after rescan.

Edited by Niklas
3 minutes ago, Niklas said:

pihole

Edit: I see "pihole template" and "pihole" in apps. I use the pihole one (setup months ago)

Yeah, and that's the problem.  Currently @spants has 2 identical apps (exactly the same repository) which FCP cannot distinguish between, so at the end of the day, everytime you're hitting "Fix" it's simply bouncing from the URL from one template to the other.

Since he just uploaded the "template" version 4 hours ago, maybe he's going to delete the other shortly or something.  IE: give this a bit to play itself out.  If after a day or so @spants doesn't clean things up, then @dockerPolice will wind up flipping a coin and blacklist one of them.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Squid said:

Yeah, and that's the problem.  Currently @spants has 2 identical apps (exactly the same repository) which FCP cannot distinguish between, so at the end of the day, everytime you're hitting "Fix" it's simply bouncing from the URL from one template to the other.

Since he just uploaded the "template" version 4 hours ago, maybe he's going to delete the other shortly or something.  IE: give this a bit to play itself out.  If after a day or so @spants doesn't clean things up, then @dockerPolice will wind up flipping a coin and blacklist one of them.

For some reason the github client doesnt update the repository quickly - have deleted pihole-template and changed pihole to use the new settings. Also uploaded a new node red

37 minutes ago, spants said:

For some reason the github client doesnt update the repository quickly - have deleted pihole-template and changed pihole to use the new settings. Also uploaded a new node red

Thanks.

@Niklas  If you rescan with FCP, the problem will either disappear, or it will ask you to fix it one last time.

Hey guys, I'm trying to update from 6.3.2 and admin's post (here) refers me to @ljm42's excellent 6.4 Update Notes. These notes say to run the Fix Common Problems plugin, specifically the update assistant. The problem is I can't seem to find the Fix Common Problems plugin in the apps tab so I can't install it.  Thanks in advance!

**EDIT** So I tried to update CA to see if that was the issue, unfortunately I can't update it because apparently 6.3.2 is too old, rather than jumping to the latest release maybe I should update incrementally? On the plugin tab it is telling me that 6.5.3 is available...

Edited by Dissones4U
19 hours ago, Squid said:

Yeah, you wont see or be able to update CA as its minimum version is now 6.7.0

Sent from my NSA monitored device

Just a heads up squid, I decided to update incrementally so I'm currently at OS v6.5.3 from 6.3.2 and CA did in fact just update to version 9.22.19 hopefully this is not a problem, I've attached an image just in case you want to see. I'll run the array for a day or two and then update the OS further. BTW I've read through your change-log on the old version, it was very thorough and easy to follow, I especially liked the OCD change regarding the spinner! Anyway, thank you for all of your hard work brother, you are an invaluable asset to this community. 😎

ca update.PNG

9 minutes ago, Dissones4U said:

Just a heads up squid, I decided to update incrementally so I'm currently at OS v6.5.3 from 6.3.2 and CA did in fact just update to version 9.22.19 hopefully this is not a problem, I've attached an image just in case you want to see. I'll run the array for a day or two and then update the OS further. BTW I've read through your change-log on the old version, it was very thorough and easy to follow, I especially liked the OCD change regarding the spinner! Anyway, thank you for all of your hard work brother, you are an invaluable asset to this community. 😎

ca update.PNG

Ok.   Probably because the tag that sets the minimum version required by the plugin wasn't present in 6.3.5

But, I can guarantee that a scan will not work from its UI   background scans probably will.

The changelog in the plugin is the censored version.   The commit history on Github for all my plugins tend to have more swearing in them 😉

Edited by Squid
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Voodoo486 said:

What is the point of this check? Server is sending out warning about SSD in the array. I have an SSD in the array. Is that an issue?

SSDs are not recommended in the parity array. They can't be trimmed, they can only be written as fast as parity, and there is some question whether some implementations will invalidate parity. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to rebuild my unRAID server with completely new hardware and can't seem to run Fix Common Problems now. I mean it launches and says it's scanning, but the window never goes away. Everything else appears like it's working as it should and I don't see any errors in the syslog. I had to restore my appdata and docker.img, but that shouldn't have anything to do with this right?

What browser?  *Apparently* there was another user who had an issue with the latest version of FCP when using Safari.  

Also, unless you're on the latest version(s) of FCP, if the window takes longer than 120 seconds to disappear, it never will.  Does any sort of status line show up in the scanning window?

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

What browser?  *Apparently* there was another user who had an issue with the latest version of FCP when using Safari.  

Also, unless you're on the latest version(s) of FCP, if the window takes longer than 120 seconds to disappear, it never will.  Does any sort of status line show up in the scanning window?

You're a genius. It was Safari and it never went away. Switched over to Firefox and it ran no problem and found no problems. Going to run an extended scan just in case. And I'm on the latest version as far as ai can tell - 2019.11.13.

1 minute ago, acurcione said:

You're a genius. It was Safari and it never went away. Switched over to Firefox and it ran no problem and found no problems. Going to run an extended scan just in case. And I'm on the latest version as far as ai can tell - 2019.11.13.

There is no fundamental reason why it doesn't work.  That being said, there was one known issue with 6.7.x and Safari where 2 way communication wouldn't work.

This is supposed to be fixed in 6.8  All of my testing for the plugins is done on 6.8, and running 6.8 with Mohave (Safari 13.0.3 (14608.3.10.10.1)) work fine.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

There is no fundamental reason why it doesn't work.  That being said, there was one known issue with 6.7.x and Safari where 2 way communication wouldn't work.

This is supposed to be fixed in 6.8  All of my testing for the plugins is done on 6.8, and running 6.8 with Mohave (Safari 13.0.3 (14608.3.10.10.1)) work fine.

Thanks. Easy enough to use Firefox for now. I'm still on Mojave as well. I'm not updating till at least the first point release of Catalina. :)