[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Hello there,

Recently upgraded to 6.7.2 after being on V5 for far too many years. I only have four plugins - CA, CA Fix Problems, Cache Directories, Tips and Tweaks.

Since the upgrade, I have had a strange problem. My HTPC keeps freezing for about 2 minutes within the first ten minutes of turning my server on. In the KodiTV log I was getting "WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available."

The unraid server log was showing nothing.

Today, while writing new data to my server after turning it on, I noticed the same thing - the system would freeze after about ten minutes - and then become available again after approx 2 minutes.

Looking at the unRAID log again I saw "Delaying execution of fix common problems scan for 10 minutes"

It would appear the Fix Common Problems scan (after waiting 10 minutes) is the culprit. For some reason it completely locks my unRAID server system (and my HTPC) for the duration.

Is there a reason it does this?

Is there a way to delay the first scan even further (say to scan after 1 hour), which is a time I am not generally watching the server.

At this point I think my best option is to remove the plugin to see if this issue will resolve. I thought I would ask questions first before I do so.

Thanks muchly.

I have a stupid question for anybody that knows. While running this plugin I saw that part of the things it says it's doing in the status is checking writing to disks. Does this include unassigned drives outside the array? I am/was in the middle of the post read cycle of a preclear and I'm curious if that might mess things up for me.

How do I clear errors once they are found.  I had a drive go bad.  I replaced it with another drive and rebuilt from parity.  Great, back up and running.  Fix Common Problems still shows me the error. Example: "Unable to write to disk8     Drive mounted read-only or completely full. Begin Investigation Here:"

Drive 8 was the one replaced/rebuilt.

29 minutes ago, mikesp18 said:

Unable to write to disk8     Drive mounted read-only or completely full

This would suggest filesystem corruption, and that can still be present on a rebuilt drive, you should check filesystem on that drive, if more helped is needed please start a new thread on the general support forum and post the diagnostics.

3 hours ago, mikesp18 said:

How do I clear errors once they are found.  I had a drive go bad.  I replaced it with another drive and rebuilt from parity.  Great, back up and running.  Fix Common Problems still shows me the error. Example: "Unable to write to disk8     Drive mounted read-only or completely full. Begin Investigation Here:"

Drive 8 was the one replaced/rebuilt.

Errors only are only cleared when they aren't found on a subsequent rescan

On 11/17/2019 at 10:58 PM, ollidab said:

I have a stupid question for anybody that knows. While running this plugin I saw that part of the things it says it's doing in the status is checking writing to disks. Does this include unassigned drives outside the array? I am/was in the middle of the post read cycle of a preclear and I'm curious if that might mess things up for me.

Unassigned disks are not checked

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh Unraid 6.7.2 2019-06-25 install. Installed FCP and today started noticing numerous repeated entries in syslog:

Dec 11 11:22:49 pinkfloyd root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

This is being continuously being written to the log. I'm not sure what is causing this. 

4 minutes ago, ghstridr said:

Fresh Unraid 6.7.2 2019-06-25 install. Installed FCP and today started noticing numerous repeated entries in syslog:

Dec 11 11:22:49 pinkfloyd root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

This is being continuously being written to the log. I'm not sure what is causing this. 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=545988

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

Suggestion by Johnnie Black, and when it does happen it very rarely impacts performance, so at the end of the day it was removed to stop the answers on the forum that basically said "don't worry about it"

Really? For me it's a complete performance killer for certain stuff. Like the mover slows to a crawl for example. I've never understood what exactly the problem is.

Really? For me it's a complete performance killer for certain stuff. Like the mover slows to a crawl for example. I've never understood what exactly the problem is.

There are certain cases, mostly when a SASLP/SAS2LP is involved, when this is a real problem, at the time I asked Squid if it was possible to remove the warning except if those controllers are used, since 99% of the people reporting that warning didn't have the controller and hence no problem, but I guess making that check isn't that simple and he opted to remove the warning for now.

My justification based on that convo was that since the SASLP/SAS2LP are very problematic and not recommended at all was to remove the test altogether rather than invest the time and energy in debugging a double check to see if the IRQ in question was using the mvsas driver (not to mention if it was another sata controller utilizing the interrupt)

Basically, I look at everything that FCP tells people to post about, and keep a tally of the answers.  If the vast majority of answers is don't worry about it, then the test winds up being more trouble than its worth for all concerned.

On the other hand, for those few users where this actually does affect things, the nobody cared message is logged, and when asking for assistance on the forums it can be easily discerned via diagnostics