[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Reynald said:

Hello all,

I had a smart reported issue on a drive, that has been nicely reported, but now, I'd like to acknowledge it instead of ignoring it so if the error triggers again it will show:

image.thumb.png.9d4bd8446b0ca9d37349fd1388766585.png

Any tips please?

Thank you

That is just showing there were read errors and suggested checking the SMART. Did you? If so what was the exact SMART issue reported? Some are more serious than others and would be better dealt with by replacing the disk. So no recommendation without more information.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to empty a drive using unbalance and it does warn me about file permissions..  I ran the extended test in FCP and I get a TON of these

The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings.  This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:

/mnt/user/Backup  nobody/users (99/100)  0770
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire  nobody/users (99/100)  0770
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/post_factory.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/pre_install_image.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/Pre_office2.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/Pre_office.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/Browser_bookmarks  nobody/users (99/100)  0770

Wasn't there an "FIX" button for this?  What does it want me to change the permissions to?

4 minutes ago, jbuszkie said:

Darn...  The answer was in once search below where this came up!  The fix is in a separate section under tools/ new permissions.

Don't run that tool against all the drives or all the shares.  If it touches the appdata share, funky things may happen with your docker apps.  Hence why there's a docker safe new permissions tool right there also.  It will not allow you to run against appdata

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Don't run that tool against all the drives or all the shares.  If it touches the appdata share, funky things may happen with your docker apps.  Hence why there's a docker safe new permissions tool right there also.  It will not allow you to run against appdata

I didn't see the other one..  I'll have to look when the current one finishes.  I'm just running it on specific shares that got flagged.  So I should be safe?

Thanks,

Jim

feature request. can we add the ability to disable certain checks?  for me, notably all of the checks for docker (updates, templates, etc) are creating false positives because i've completely swapped everything for docker-compose.

however, even if i didn't do that, i'm sure there's a ton of people that would prefer checking for docker image updates to be disabled.  "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  this is especially true when a new docker image introduces a breaking change, which could be especially bad if it corrupts the appdata and there are no backups.

1 hour ago, bling said:

feature request. can we add the ability to disable certain checks?  for me, notably all of the checks for docker (updates, templates, etc) are creating false positives because i've completely swapped everything for docker-compose.

I know.  That's been on my todo list for the last 2 months since I switched FCP to be 6.7+ only

Just now, guill_019 said:

the extended test is stuck checking /mnt/user/appdata for 1+ hour without any disk activity... anyone have a clue why?

I only have my docket folder in this share (plex and rtorrentvpn only)

Thanks!

presumably its just going through the appdata share for plex which can potentially contain hundreds of thousands of files and can take quite a while to get through (and no disk activity means that it's checking it via the cached file structure.)  One user IIRC had it finally complete after 24 odd hours.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll be notified whenever it completes.  It won't cause any issues while it does it's thing.

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

presumably its just going through the appdata share for plex which can potentially contain hundreds of thousands of files and can take quite a while to get through (and no disk activity means that it's checking it via the cached file structure.)  One user IIRC had it finally complete after 24 odd hours.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll be notified whenever it completes.  It won't cause any issues while it does it's thing.

Thanks for the quick answer, I will start it tonight and let it run overnight!