[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Hi!

Extended tests show the same behaviour for me. Also seems to be stuck scanning /mnt/user/appdata.

Some observations/questions:

- The extended tests used to finish in about 4 minutes. Not sure why it behaves differently now.

- The scan seems to be stuck on appdata which I excluded in the settings (I am also unsure why this is needed since the explanatory text states that the docker appdata folder is supposedly excluded by default?)

- I see very high usage on the shfs process while the script is running

Has anything changed with the script (since my data hasn't changed that much)?

3 hours ago, taalas said:

- The scan seems to be stuck on appdata which I excluded in the settings (I am also unsure why this is needed since the explanatory text states that the docker appdata folder is supposedly excluded by default?)

Send me a PM in about a week or so to remind me to look at / fix

Is it possible to have an expand/collapse control on both the "Ignored Errors & Warnings" section, and the "All Ignored Errors & Warnings" sections?

Currently, if a problem is found but it's not something you need to fix (not having Unassigned Devices + installed when you don't need its features, say), ignoring it takes you from one item in FCP's page to two, meaning it's more visually intrusive to set it to ignored!

image.thumb.png.0c1592267197dc3f0476b307ab6cb905.png

If each section started collapsed, and there was an "expand" button (preferably in something a little more subtle than that shade of orange :)) then it would make the page a lot less cluttered — currently it's hard to see where new errors stop and ignored errors start as the ignored errors still seem to scream "look at me!"

On 5/8/2016 at 10:01 PM, Squid said:

To install this plugin, just head over to the Apps tab and search for Fix Common Problems.

I've looked again and again, but... WHERE is it? It doesnt show up anywhere in the Apps section? If i search for it, it doesn't show up? Has it been removed?

I'm waiting for 6.9, i'm not very keen on the issue with VM's and Docker containers using static IP addresses both running on the same host network interface that is in (all?) versions after 6.5.

But at least now i know why i can't find the plugin anymore.

Edited by jowi

My extended test has been stuck for 8 hours. I initially excluded all but one share, but it started checking app data as others have reported, then after 3 hours moved to the next folder now it’s stuck on the share I have all my backups on.

is it’s safe to just terminate the process? I’m in the middle of an iteratively scheduled parity check which will take a couple more days before complete.

So my usb stick just died and I learned the hard way that my last backup was from 2017. I thought CA Backup does a backup everytime I did an appdata backup, but turns out I fckd up and had 'USB Backup Destination' empty. At some point before, USB backups to appdata/Community_Applications_USB_Backup were made though. Either I changed this manually or some plugin update introduced this new behaviour? Either way, I have recovered. Took a few h though.

I think this would be a perfect target for a new check, since the docker configs, which are deeply ingrained with the appdata directory, are stored on the stick. So I'd think most people would like this option set and warned if they forget.

On 4/1/2020 at 6:24 PM, Snubbers said:

My extended test has been stuck for 8 hours. I initially excluded all but one share, but it started checking app data as others have reported, then after 3 hours moved to the next folder now it’s stuck on the share I have all my backups on.

is it’s safe to just terminate the process? I’m in the middle of an iteratively scheduled parity check which will take a couple more days before complete.

I am also having this issue where, even though I have excluded the shares, they are scanned anyways. Has there been a fix for this?

Also, would Docker Safe New Perms not honor the excluded shares if the plugin also fails to?

Edited by solidno8
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Squid said:

Nope, to me it is., and it's based upon "things that trip up people".   You can however not send out notifications for warnings.

Sure, but that's why I asked if it's possible to make it user configurable.  It wouldn't diminish the functionality of the plugin at all and could even still allow FCP to throw up a notification when an emergency release comes out.

Edit: An "error" suggests something is broken.  A plugin that isn't updated isn't something that's broken.

Edited by digitalformula
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to UNRAID and I love it. I followed this video vom @SpaceInvaderOne. The jitsi App seems to work fine. The "Fix Common Problems" plugin however showes some warnings.

**** Template URL for docker application focus.meet.jitsi is missing. ****

**** Template URL for docker application meet.jitsi is missing. ****

**** Template URL for docker application video.meet.jitsi is missing. ****

**** Template URL for docker application xmpp.meet.jitsi is missing. **** 

I have no idea what that means and I don't know how to fix it. I am unable to update the jitsi app by the way.

Please let me know If you need any further informations. Kind regards

31 minutes ago, odiby said:

That makes sense 🤦🏻‍♂️ what is your recommendation? should I ignore the warnings within the plugin or is there a way to let CA manage the app afterwards.

You can tell FCP to ignore the warnings. CA and dockerMan (the parts of the Unraid webUI that manages dockers) don't currently work with docker compose.