[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Great plugin, a huge help.

Feature request: Is it possible to check if a functioning DNS server is running at the addresses specified in Network Settings? I got bit by having invalid addresses and it showed up as a failing Plugins page. This seems to be a somewhat frequent issue, probably caused by people (me included) installing PiHole to block ads and having hardcoded DNS addresses which fail if the address of the external PiHole node is changed.

See this thread for an example:

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, tucansam said:

"Docker safe new permissions" is gone from the Tools menu.

I have removed and reinstalled CA Fix Common problems a few times now, and can't get it to reappear.

Any ideas?

No reason what so ever that it should be gone.  Try a reboot?

I am sorry, I am little new here with Unraid. But I lost my Community applications. :

This is error I am getting : 

Something really wrong went on during get_categories
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread

No data was returned. It is probable that another browser session has rebooted your server. Reloading this browser tab will probably fix this error

I am running Pf-sense as VM and my Version: 6.9.0-beta24, all is stable and works well, but no Community apps. If You have any idea I would really appreciated. 

59 minutes ago, emiroslav said:

I am running Pf-sense as VM and my Version: 6.9.0-beta24, all is stable and works well, but no Community apps. If You have any idea I would really appreciated. 

Not related to Fix Common Problems, and ideally belongs in the CA thread, but odds on Pf-Sense is blocking the server from hitting GitHub.com.

If you want to help me diagnose why you're seeing that particular message instead of the one you're supposed to see (ie: I can't replicate that message coming up in the same circumstances), see this: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/page/128/?tab=comments#comment-899908

• 2 weeks later...

i had multiple problems since few days that forced me to reboot server several times.

Each time the server reboots "Fix Commons Problems" scan the server and throw me errors about share with can only setting setup.

I run 6.9 beta30 and i have 2 pools (one for docker the other for vm)

2020-10-26 10_21_57-godzilla_FixProblems.png

2020-10-26 10_21_26-godzilla_Share.png

Really strange. "read/write" should be something like "disk1". How did you manage that, that your disk array contains a disk with the name "read/write"?!

I think this should be fixed when you select / unselect some of your "included disks" in the share settings for "Music FLAC" and hit the APPLY button.

1318992329_2020-10-2900_43_33.png.36bc68fa277f04983e7e8806a459a936.png

3 minutes ago, mgutt said:

Really strange. "read/write" should be something like "disk1". How did you manage that, that your disk array contains a disk with the name "read/write"?!

I think this should be fixed when you select / unselect some of your "included disks" in the share settings for "Music FLAC" and hit the APPLY button.

1318992329_2020-10-2900_43_33.png.36bc68fa277f04983e7e8806a459a936.png

Well, that worked!  Thank you.  All I did was select all the disks, apply, then deselect and used ALL, apply and Rescan. Presto, no more error message.  Thank you!

Bug report:

If you have any shares assigned to Cache only but you have renamed your default "Cache" pool, fixcommonproblems will trigger the following error. It happens regardless of which cache pool you have that share assigned to and seems to only be checking for "Cache" instead of the applicable cache pool which is assigned.

"Share VMsOnCache set to use cache only, but the cache drive is not present"

48 minutes ago, Vaggeto said:

Bug report:

If you have any shares assigned to Cache only but you have renamed your default "Cache" pool, fixcommonproblems will trigger the following error. It happens regardless of which cache pool you have that share assigned to and seems to only be checking for "Cache" instead of the applicable cache pool which is assigned.

"Share VMsOnCache set to use cache only, but the cache drive is not present"

I know... scheduled fix week of the 8th

10 hours ago, Squid said:

I know... scheduled fix week of the 8th

Haha why am I not surprised! I appreciate all of your valuable work for the community!

Is there any other reason why it would be bad to rename from the default "cache" name? I considered not doing out of caution but it made sense now that I had a 2nd cache pool.

• 2 weeks later...

While testing my beta35 issue with the "close all notifications" button, I saw something with Fix Common Problems. (the extended test generate two notifications, it is quite practical :) )

The extended scan does not find errors (on the page), but the notification of the end of the tests says there is a problem.

image.thumb.png.1615f1f2d5510b7759e09565e979249b.png

Same for the email:

image.png.541dba90a66943648914cc367ccf6aa8.png

Hitting View Results does list some errors though. Few naming stuff and permissions on stuff I don't care so much about. Fixed the former, I'll bother with the later maybe some day.

Anyhow, the No errors / warning found is a bit counter intuitive.

I built a template xml for mariadb from scratch (but still using the lsio docker image) and CA Common Problems is flagging it for having the template URL not as the author intended (although I'm technically the author of the template and the template URL is pointing to my personal GitHub account). It wants me to set the template URL to the one for the mariadb in the CA applications store. It even shows up as being installed from the CA applications store, which it was not, it was hand built by me and stored in my personal GitHub repo.

I suspect I might run into this again as for some of my other dockers, I'm building custom template xml files for dockerMan because the ones in CA keep enforcing configuration directives I don't want/need and have deleted from the docker containers and it winds up breaking them occasionally when the containers are updated.

Which also leads me to a question, I understand that defining and using a repo directly defined in the Docker tab is the older way for custom templates, but I don't see a way in CA to define a custom or private repo. Is something like that possible?