[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Been getting this error since I started using 6.9 RC1:

The author (or moderators of Community Applications) of the plugin template (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Skitals/unraid-vfio-pci/master/plugins/vfio.pci.plg) has specified that this plugin is incompatible with your version of unRaid (6.9.1). You should uninstall the plugin here: Minimum OS Version: 6.7.0 Maximum OS Version: 6.9.0-beta1

VFIO-PCI CFG has been working fine and is working fine for me in 6.9.1 official release.

Thanks,

craigr

On 2/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, ainuke said:

Unsure if this has been asked before, as it's not coming up on any search I'm using:

I see that I can exclude folders from the scheduled scans, but can I exclude from the extended test? I have a "backup" share that my Windows machines point to, and there are many errors within those backups that Windows doesn't care about, but unRAID does: leading/trailing spaces, etc. Those items are beyond my control to correct, as they are the result of other apps' organization, or even Windows'. I have image backups and file history backups here, and they make "run extended tests" take FOREVER and generate numerous lines in the results that are completely irrelevant. I'd really like to exclude this Backup share from the extended tests.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA

Erik

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am getting a new warning since updating today.

"Extra packages being installed were found in /boot/extra. It is not recommended to install any packages this way. The recommended way is via the NerdPack / DevPack plugins"

The only thing in /boot/extra is cmatrix terminal screensaver from spaceinvader one's tutorial. It still works fine. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't see a way to utilize NerdPack to upload cmatrix?

Should I assume this warning will continue and I am ok? Or is there a better way to install this package?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by GAMBINO

The warning is because many people were putting packages there that might break a future unRaid release and forgetting they had done so and then wondered why upgrades went wrong due to a package being incompatible with the upgrade.

if the package is available in NerdPack (or DevPack) then that is preferred as it,is regularly updated to install the correct versions of packages for any specific unRaid release.  

However if it is not available in NerdPack then your only easy option for installing it is to continue doing it via ‘boot/extra’ but you might want to raise a request in the support thread for NerdPack to see if your desired package can be considered for inclusion going forward.

14 hours ago, itimpi said:

The warning is because many people were putting packages there that might break a future unRaid release and forgetting they had done so and then wondered why upgrades went wrong due to a package being incompatible with the upgrade.

if the package is available in NerdPack (or DevPack) then that is preferred as it,is regularly updated to install the correct versions of packages for any specific unRaid release.  

However if it is not available in NerdPack then your only easy option for installing it is to continue doing it via ‘boot/extra’ but you might want to raise a request in the support thread for NerdPack to see if your desired package can be considered for inclusion going forward.

Thank you for the clarification. I will request with NerdPack.

EDIT: based on your response, I did more digging. I am posting this info for anyone else who has this package installed.

The package looks like its based off the work by https://www.asty.org/cmatrix/ & https://github.com/abishekvashok/cmatrix. In spaceinvader one's version of the package there's a slackware file based on slackware version 13.0. (https://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/desktop/cmatrix/).

The slackware part hasn't been updated in a while so I assume Unraid is based on a newer version. I don't believe this would be a good candidate for NerdPack then. It is working (at least for me) with 6.9.1. I'll just have to note this for next time i upgrade.

So.... shame on me for just installing it with no due diligence... but its COOOOL... haha

THANK YOU ALL for your hard work & for providing the "idiot light" in CA Fix Common Problems. This extension/forum has helped me tremendously in troubleshooting my system that I would have otherwise ignored or not known about.

Edited by GAMBINO
Here is what I found out about the package. Hope it helps someone else.

Hi all,

I've got the same warning in my CA Fix Common Problems.

I don't recall doing anything like this (using the /boot/extra to any kind of purposes). I opened a console to see what's there and here it is:

root@Tower:/# cd boot/extra/
root@Tower:/boot/extra# ls
libbsd.txz

I don't know what it's doing here. Should I delete this library, should ignore this warning or should I do something else?
Thanks for the insight!

Edited by cam217
12 hours ago, cam217 said:

Hi all,

I've got the same warning in my CA Fix Common Problems.

I don't recall doing anything like this (using the /boot/extra to any kind of purposes). I opened a console to see what's there and here it is:

root@Tower:/# cd boot/extra/
root@Tower:/boot/extra# ls
libbsd.txz

I don't know what it's doing here. Should I delete this library, should ignore this warning or should I do something else?
Thanks for the insight!

I found this https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/libraries/libbsd/?search=libbsd. I assume its the same package you have. One of the files referenced this wiki: https://libbsd.freedesktop.org/wiki/. Copy your servers file to your desktop & see if it matches the one I linked to. That'll at least point you in the right direction of what it is.

Check your user scripts &/or docker containers for dependency? If you do decide to delete it, make sure to backup your flash drive so you can revert back if needed.

Sorry if there's a good answer for this. I did a search and seen a few people posting the same issue, but couldn't see any resolution.

I have a bunch of missing template errors on my docker containers:

image.thumb.png.b6f59fc8744c5f1091538eb40364f713.png

When I click "apply Fix", I get an error:

image.thumb.png.4576271d2afcfc5a3e60b3fb53baac3b.png

Now, I created these containers using Docker Compose as I had my compose file already defined from a previous NAS. I suspect that's the crux of the issue, so my question is:

• Is there a way to properly fix this, so the templates can be applied? (Ideally without having to do it each time a container updates)
  • OR is there a way to disable this specific check? I can't ignore them as they just come up again.

You've already ignored it, so it's not a problem.  The template missing makes sense because you created things with docker compose.  I'll have to see why it's popping up the message when there is no template to check against.  But it's popping up the URL against the repository you have which is in CA, and hence would have a template if you had installed it via there.

On 3/9/2021 at 3:03 AM, SimonF said:

Hi @Squid I see Carl VT has posted about this also, but can you look to make 

Mar 9 07:42:09 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Dynamix SSD Trim Plugin Not installed

Conditional on pool type is BTRFS if OS >= 6.9?, still needed for xfs.

done

• Thanks 2
On 3/16/2021 at 11:52 AM, Squid said:

You've already ignored it, so it's not a problem.  The template missing makes sense because you created things with docker compose.  I'll have to see why it's popping up the message when there is no template to check against.  But it's popping up the URL against the repository you have which is in CA, and hence would have a template if you had installed it via there.

Apologies, I didn't realise there was a response to this (I'm new on the forum and didn't have notifications on). The problem with ignoring it is that the warning pops up again but the ignored warning is still listed. Here's what I mean (See how radarr is listed in both sections): 
image.thumb.png.59a3c53df7610a85106fa4665f83a1a5.png

I think this happens when the container gets updated (Or recreated), but I haven't tested that theory much. 

I appreciate this is because I'm doing something that's not widely supported (Docker Compose), I'm happy that I won't get the templates or access to them, I'd just like to be able to reduce the noise here if at all possible. 

EDIT: D'oh! Of course there'd be an update to the plugin shortly after I post this. Most of my template warnings seem to have gone, thank you! I'm still getting notifications about containers having updates that I can't ignore (Same duplicate behaviour) but it's much less noisy now, thank you!

Edited by Kushan

OK, but your screen shot show that both the radarr messages are ignored.  The top one is what's currently found that's ignored.  The bottom one (which has boldface on one section -> have to look at why it's not on the top) is a previous one.  Anything that's ignored will not generate a notification.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, Squid said:

The excluded folders are what should be excluded from the extended scans.  I'd have to look at this again.

Ok, I don’t know what I did differently, but it seems to be excluding the designated folders as expected now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

consider my issue solved

22 hours ago, Squid said:

OK, but your screen shot show that both the radarr messages are ignored.  The top one is what's currently found that's ignored.  The bottom one (which has boldface on one section -> have to look at why it's not on the top) is a previous one.  Anything that's ignored will not generate a notification.

Oh fucksticks, you're absolutely right. I was reading that page wrong this whole time 🤦‍♂️

On 3/20/2021 at 2:43 PM, Squid said:

done

Hi Squid,

Change Trim plugin tests to check if running 6.9.0+ and btrfs formatted drives

I am still getting this Your cache drive is an SSD Drive, but you do not have the Dynamix SSD Trim plugin installed. Your performance will suffer. Install the plugin via the Apps Tab (Community Applications)

Thought it may be due to a secondpool, changed code to output problem dev.

image.thumb.png.f37bb0b0e4e93a42ed4a263e04e512be.png

found if cache has multiple devs, other than the first disk doesn't have file system type so this condition fails. Guess also needs check to see if part of name matches previous name and continue or if fstype is null/blank.

added this as a fix : if ( !isset($disk['fsType'])) continue ; but dont have a xfs ssd disk to test.

if ( strpos($disk['fsType'],"btrfs") !== false ) continue;

["cache2"]
idx="31"
name="cache2"
device="sdd"
id="CT500MX500SSD18"
size="488386552"
status="DISK_OK"
format="MBR: 4KiB-aligned"
rotational="0"
spundown="0"
temp="38"
numReads="6161"
numWrites="108681"
numErrors="0"
type="Cache"
color="green-on"
spindownDelay="-1"
spinupGroup=""
deviceSb="sdd1"
idSb="CT500MX500SSD1"
sizeSb="488386552"
luksState="0"

Edited by SimonF

Fix common problems report:
Extra packages being installed were found in /boot/extra. It is not recommended to install any packages this way. The recommended way is via the NerdPack / DevPack plugins

So this I have had for years in /boot/extra
PlexMediaServer-1.19.1.2645-ccb6eb67e-x86_64.txz

However, I don't run it on my server anymore.
When I remove/delete this .txz it doesn't seem to go away, always comes back every boot. Is there a way to eliminate this for good?
Open to suggestions.

Edited by bombz
2 hours ago, bombz said:

I don't believe so as I do not recognize that name or plugin 😕 hmm 

It shouldn't be difficult to know whether or not you have a plugin installed. Look on the Plugins page.

What do you get from the command line with this?

ls -lah /boot/config/plugins/*.plg

Nice plugin 👍

Suggestion / Feature Request:

After having some trouble last week (more than I am willing to admint 😅) I do have a potential common problem to fix for others new users running into the same problem:

Before getting unraid, I was using a raspberry pi to run my pi-hole. That was migrated to unraid ofc. I did change my router dhcp / dns settings accordingly, so all devices get their dns server from the router, which points to unraid and the pi-hole container there.

BUT... since I also used a dhcp reservation for my unraid machine, unraid itself got ip + dns settings from the router as well.

That meant unraid tried to get it's dns information from it's own ip. That in itself was no problem, but other containers in a custom docker network could not use the dns. Due to the error message I was looking at the wrong place (firewall etc) for way too long, until I figured out that resolving the URLs from within the containers did not work. Fastes fix was to manually set a different dns server for unraid.

Maybe a simple check if the IPv4 address and IPv4 DNS server assignment are identical can save somebody a few hours 😊

Kind regards