[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Updated Update Assistant to properly handle "next" releases.  There's now 2 buttons.  One will check against the "Stable" version, and the other will check against the "Next" version of unRaid  (You must already be on 6.4+ for the "Next" button to appear)

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 2

Minor issue but for whatever reason I currently have a case where the notification for a problem found doesn't appear to have a dismiss icon/link and continues to show up on the console.

I updated to the latest plugin version and re-ran but this notification remains.

Diagnostics attached.

What would be the simplest way to get rid of it?  No problem to stop/restart/reboot as necessary, just wondering.

image.png.43c04a1031007252e4c1f9bd3d3ef274.png

raid_01-diagnostics-20180322-1614.zip

What's not ignoring?  Your diags show 3 problems, all ignored and then it appears you re-monitored the plugin not up to date

Mar 22 16:08:38 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Plugin unassigned.devices.plg is not up to date ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:08:39 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: unRaid OS not up to date ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:09:06 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:10:07 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems Version 2018.03.21
Mar 22 16:10:10 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Plugin unassigned.devices.plg is not up to date
Mar 22 16:10:11 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: unRaid OS not up to date ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:10:26 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle ** Ignored

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

What's not ignoring?  Your diags show 3 problems, all ignored and then it appears you re-monitored the plugin not up to date

Mar 22 16:08:38 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Plugin unassigned.devices.plg is not up to date ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:08:39 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: unRaid OS not up to date ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:09:06 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:10:07 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems Version 2018.03.21
Mar 22 16:10:10 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Plugin unassigned.devices.plg is not up to date
Mar 22 16:10:11 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: unRaid OS not up to date ** Ignored
Mar 22 16:10:26 raid_01 root: Fix Common Problems: Other Warning: CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle ** Ignored

Not sure I understand your question exactly but will try and answer below.  Meanwhile, is there a simple way to get rid of the message with no dismiss mechanism?

Per the alert message I looked at what it was complaining about and it was the 'Plugin unassigned.devices.plg is not up to date' so I set that one to ignore since I'm running v3.5 and it can't be updated until I move to a later rev.

Then I updated the Fix Common Problems plugin and without reading carefully thought it might handle that condition so re-monitored the unassigned.devices.plg

For whatever reason the Fix Common Problems plugin page seems to show a warning for the the unassigned.devices.plg as well as showing it being ignored.  Note the alert that cannot be dismissed is blocking the 'Ignore warning' button in the screenshot.

It seems the fix common problems plugin is in a confused state at the moment on my system.

image.thumb.png.af6dffcaa4e1237d8cf22e090e36fbb6.png

Edit the file /config/plugins/fix.common.problems/ignoreList.json on the flash drive (use an editor like Notepad++   Notepad will not work correctly here.

Add this line to the top, but after the opening brace

"Plugin unassigned.devices.plg is not up to date": "true",

Your final file should look something like this:

{
    "Docker Application Netdata has an update available for it": "true",
    "Community Applications not set to auto update": "true",
    "This plugin (Fix Common Problems) not set to auto update": "true"
}

I'll have to play around with this one though.  UD just changed so that any and all new revisions of it are only compatible with 6.4.0+ (you're running 6.3.5)  I'm wondering if you're hitting a bug in 6.3.5's plugin manager where it's playing havoc with this warning.

Edited by Squid
9 minutes ago, dabl said:

Note the alert that cannot be dismissed is blocking the 'Ignore warning' button in the screenshot.

This one is is out of my hands, and is purely a webUI thing.  TBH, I would recommend upgrading your system to 6.5.0, as support for 6.3.5 is basically finished.

2 hours ago, Squid said:

This one is is out of my hands, and is purely a webUI thing.  TBH, I would recommend upgrading your system to 6.5.0, as support for 6.3.5 is basically finished.

Ok.  Will update to a 6.5 unRAID revision when I'm convinced it's stable.  6.4 had all kinds of bugs.

4 hours ago, dabl said:

Ok.  Will update to a 6.5 unRAID revision when I'm convinced it's stable.  6.4 had all kinds of bugs.

I advice you to read the update notes carefully. Most users had issues because they had incompatible plugins installed or didn't take care of known situations. Both 6.4 and 6.5 run very stable when the necessary precautions are taken.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, bonienl said:

I advice you to read the update notes carefully. Most users had issues because they had incompatible plugins installed or didn't take care of known situations. Both 6.4 and 6.5 run very stable when the necessary precautions are taken.

Yep, thanks, I've been following the related threads very carefully. 

For 6.4, the biggest bug that would have affected me was the shfs problem which wasn't solved until one of the 6.5 RCs.

For 6.5 stable I see there are a least a couple of user seeing issues with the docker page not loading and shares disappearing possibly due to a tcp regression issue but many/most people seem to be reporting success. 

The new 6.5 feature to be able to return easily to the previous version is great so I look forward to trying 6.5 as soon as I can (out of town at the moment).

1 hour ago, dabl said:

but many/most people seem to be reporting success. 

Its "most", and most by a large majority IMHO

12 hours ago, bonienl said:

Both 6.4 and 6.5 run very stable when the necessary precautions are taken

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "precaution".  Heed the advice given by FCP (this is its thread after all).  While some tests may be subjective, when I state there's an incompatibility with a plugin, I mean it - the plugin DOES NOT work and may cause problems.  And with the new addition of the Update Assistant, you can see what I know is going to cause issues before you update the OS

5 hours ago, thomas said:

When I'm running the extended test I always get errors, but I can't find the files/directories with issues. See the picture below. 

How can I find them?

from the command prompt,

ls -ail /mnt/user/......

should show you something there...  if not, I'd need you to PM the output of that command

ls -ail /mnt/user/.... > /boot/squidTest.txt

2 hours ago, Squid said:

from the command prompt,

ls -ail /mnt/user/......

should show you something there...  if not, I'd need you to PM the output of that command

ls -ail /mnt/user/.... > /boot/squidTest.txt

I created some files with whitespaces and they are properly identified. See the results below.

5ab851410826e_Screenshotfrom2018-03-2521-42-27.png.cc52754c4b35673d03094976022a95d2.png

LE: I found the files with the problem. See below. Now there are no issues. Thanks

2.jpg.1cd517019e72a784144c0737206f7ef6.jpg

Edited by thomas
Found the issue

I'm getting a couple errors in fix common problems.  Not finding the errors in any forum.

Shows up in "Other Comments"

Could not perform unknown plugins installed checks	The download of the application feed failed.	
Could not perform docker application port tests	The download of the application feed failed.

Thanks in advance!

UNRAIDfixcommonprobs.jpg

6 hours ago, jeffreywhunter said:

I'm getting a couple errors in fix common problems.  Not finding the errors in any forum.

Shows up in "Other Comments"

Could not perform unknown plugins installed checks	The download of the application feed failed.	
Could not perform docker application port tests	The download of the application feed failed.

Thanks in advance!

UNRAIDfixcommonprobs.jpg

There are multiple threads where it's mentioned that the app feed for CA is down. You will have to wait until it's back up to clear the errors. 

Our server with the app feed is down caused by the block storage of Digital Ocean being down. 

5 hours ago, saarg said:

There are multiple threads where it's mentioned that the app feed for CA is down. You will have to wait until it's back up to clear the errors. 

Our server with the app feed is down caused by the block storage of Digital Ocean being down. 

Ah, I was searching on the actual error message, not the app feed.  Thanks for the insight.  I'll go into patience mode... ;)

I have an issue, and a suggestion for a fix. I have a box where the results from the extended test are huge, and clicking on the view results button brings up a blank view window and a hung browser, and then after several minutes it crashes firefox.

To fix, I suggest adding 2 more things.

1. display size of log file in KB beside buttons

2. add button to download as text file instead of inline viewing