Jump to content
Squid

[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

1330 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I meant to reply and forgot about you.  Without looking at the code, it's scanning the syslog for for the entries.  Should be pretty obvious where and when if you go through the logs

Share this post


Link to post

I ran an Extended Test on my server and after the test was completed it gave me a notification: Extended Tests Completed. Errors Found.

 

But the Errors tab doesn't show any errors, neither does my syslog. How should I diagnose the problem?

 

 

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 9.29.14 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all,

I had a smart reported issue on a drive, that has been nicely reported, but now, I'd like to acknowledge it instead of ignoring it so if the error triggers again it will show:

image.thumb.png.9d4bd8446b0ca9d37349fd1388766585.png

 

Any tips please?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Reynald said:

Hello all,

I had a smart reported issue on a drive, that has been nicely reported, but now, I'd like to acknowledge it instead of ignoring it so if the error triggers again it will show:

image.thumb.png.9d4bd8446b0ca9d37349fd1388766585.png

 

Any tips please?

 

Thank you

That is just showing there were read errors and suggested checking the SMART. Did you? If so what was the exact SMART issue reported? Some are more serious than others and would be better dealt with by replacing the disk. So no recommendation without more information.

Share this post


Link to post

@trurl I checked 2 Reported uncorrect on parity disks while disk rack was hot after a parity check after reboot.
No pending sector or reallocated. I ran parity check and it hasn't reproduced.

image.png.2088448d477f96d74c9f739f2478a791.png


Now I'd like to ack/reset the error in FCP without ignoring it. Is it possible?

Share this post


Link to post

Ohhh...

Perfect, thanks !

 

image.png.c8eebb2ca5fd4df9141c06b49a70d0f7.png

 

(temp are high, parity is running)

Edited by Reynald

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Reynald said:

temp are high, parity is running)

You should work on that 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I bought some fans, need a temp controller or to make some custom wiring..

Anyway, Fix Common Problems still report the read errors even after the above acknowledgement...

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Reynald said:

Anyway, Fix Common Problems still report the read errors even after the above acknowledgement...

Read errors reset when you reboot.

Share this post


Link to post

Or if you hit Clear Statistics on the Main tab

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Squid said:

Or if you hit Clear Statistics on the Main tab

Don't know how I've missed that 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm trying to empty a drive using unbalance and it does warn me about file permissions..  I ran the extended test in FCP and I get a TON of these

The following files / folders may not be accessible to the users allowed via each Share's SMB settings.  This is often caused by wrong permissions being used on new downloads / copies by CouchPotato, Sonarr, and the like:

/mnt/user/Backup  nobody/users (99/100)  0770
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire  nobody/users (99/100)  0770
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/post_factory.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/pre_install_image.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/Pre_office2.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/acer_aspire/Pre_office.tib  nobody/users (99/100)  0660
/mnt/user/Backup/Browser_bookmarks  nobody/users (99/100)  0770

Wasn't there an "FIX" button for this?  What does it want me to change the permissions to?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Darn...  The answer was in once search below where this came up!  The fix is in a separate section under tools/ Docker Safe New Perms

 

 

Edited by jbuszkie
Change to docker safe version

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jbuszkie said:

Darn...  The answer was in once search below where this came up!  The fix is in a separate section under tools/ new permissions.

 

 

Don't run that tool against all the drives or all the shares.  If it touches the appdata share, funky things may happen with your docker apps.  Hence why there's a docker safe new permissions tool right there also.  It will not allow you to run against appdata

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Don't run that tool against all the drives or all the shares.  If it touches the appdata share, funky things may happen with your docker apps.  Hence why there's a docker safe new permissions tool right there also.  It will not allow you to run against appdata

I didn't see the other one..  I'll have to look when the current one finishes.  I'm just running it on specific shares that got flagged.  So I should be safe?

 

Thanks,

 

Jim

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah.. The Docker safe one only allows you to exclude.  I only want to run it on specific shares so I'll use the old one until the FCP report is clean!  🙂

 

Thanks again to the great community for all the help

Share this post


Link to post

feature request. can we add the ability to disable certain checks?  for me, notably all of the checks for docker (updates, templates, etc) are creating false positives because i've completely swapped everything for docker-compose.

 

however, even if i didn't do that, i'm sure there's a ton of people that would prefer checking for docker image updates to be disabled.  "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  this is especially true when a new docker image introduces a breaking change, which could be especially bad if it corrupts the appdata and there are no backups.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bling said:

feature request. can we add the ability to disable certain checks?  for me, notably all of the checks for docker (updates, templates, etc) are creating false positives because i've completely swapped everything for docker-compose.

 

I know.  That's been on my todo list for the last 2 months since I switched FCP to be 6.7+ only

Share this post


Link to post

the extended test is stuck checking /mnt/user/appdata for 1+ hour without any disk activity... anyone have a clue why?

I only have my docket folder in this share (plex and rtorrentvpn only)

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, guill_019 said:

the extended test is stuck checking /mnt/user/appdata for 1+ hour without any disk activity... anyone have a clue why?

I only have my docket folder in this share (plex and rtorrentvpn only)

Thanks!

presumably its just going through the appdata share for plex which can potentially contain hundreds of thousands of files and can take quite a while to get through (and no disk activity means that it's checking it via the cached file structure.)  One user IIRC had it finally complete after 24 odd hours.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll be notified whenever it completes.  It won't cause any issues while it does it's thing.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Squid said:

presumably its just going through the appdata share for plex which can potentially contain hundreds of thousands of files and can take quite a while to get through (and no disk activity means that it's checking it via the cached file structure.)  One user IIRC had it finally complete after 24 odd hours.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll be notified whenever it completes.  It won't cause any issues while it does it's thing.

Thanks for the quick answer, I will start it tonight and let it run overnight!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.